TMZ: Female alt artist stans come for Recording Academy over Billie Eilish article.

NOW

Billie Eilish invented literally nothing lmao and so I'm glad this ~cabal of alt girl stans is rightfully coming for her. 

She's also the least vocally talented of all the alt girls, largely. :toofunny2: Imagine laying the blueprint for a sound, serving vocals, shaping social media aesthetics for most of the mid 10s only for a green-haired girl to come in with zero vocal talent and get credit for it :deadbanana:

9 hours ago, Otter said:

Lana stans are kind of valid in their response, but still we're dealing 2022... The torch gotta get passed at some point and sales wise it happened a while ago :celestial5: 

Hmm well WWAFA and Born to Die are pretty much even in units and increasing similarly on streaming.

9 hours ago, Espresso said:

TMZ is now branching out into political opinion pieces and sociocultural editorials that read like those Buzzfeed lists for clicks and I'm NOT a fan - I wish they'd stick to their wheelhouse - I'm fine with their politician interviews but this is NOT it. Also one publication trying to force some movement the general public doesn't recognize because media and the music industry are so splintered now is really annoying. 

A lot of the women mentioned here aren't necessarily pop either - women that happen to idk, emote and share their feelings, rather than do what's expected of them all being bunched like this is sexist and so tired, it's 2022. If they've grouped together on their own out of necessity like the Lilith Fair series founded by Sarah McLachlan, who I don't even see mentioned here, that's different. There's so many alternative pop and alternative rock girls since the 80s not mentioned here that weren't even in that series like a lot of Riot Grrrl bands.

Didn't Fiona say she was relieved she wasn't nominated for Best Album at the Grammys because she didn't want to deal with Taylor's fanbase?

This, this is not the first article I see of TMZ covering random twitter lashings. Since when is this newsworthy?

Billie is bigger and better than either of those other two artists.

I don’t really consider her “sad girl” pop though.

11 hours ago, Espresso said:

TMZ is now branching out into political opinion pieces and sociocultural editorials that read like those Buzzfeed lists for clicks and I'm NOT a fan - I wish they'd stick to their wheelhouse - I'm fine with their politician interviews but this is NOT it. Also one publication trying to force some movement the general public doesn't recognize because media and the music industry are so splintered now is really annoying. 

A lot of the women mentioned here aren't necessarily pop either - women that happen to idk, emote and share their feelings, rather than do what's expected of them all being bunched like this is sexist and so tired, it's 2022. If they've grouped together on their own out of necessity like the Lilith Fair series founded by Sarah McLachlan, who I don't even see mentioned here, that's different. There's so many alternative pop and alternative rock girls since the 80s not mentioned here that weren't even in that series like a lot of Riot Grrrl bands.

Didn't Fiona say she was relieved she wasn't nominated for Best Album at the Grammys because she didn't want to deal with Taylor's fanbase?

Buzzfeed buzzes and TMZ crows :sistrens:

Billie literally just regurgitates Lana/Lorde hybrid music but slower and more boring (how she even accomplished that is a mystery :rip:

I will never understand how she's popular or considered a trailblazer 

Is Billie the Queen? No 

Is Billie the face? Yes, as she is the more mainstream and no offense to Lana , the main person that the GP will associate with the genre. 

Does it matter? No, since Lana is gonna move on to do bigger and greater things and someone is gonna fill that space.and that someone is Billie.

Edited by Phaunzie

16 hours ago, Trash said:

I don't think Fiona Apple fans care about Billie or her fanbase, the fact that they fit in an alternative category doesn't make them similar or comparable. :skull:

Some twitter Lana fans are a bit much, so maybe.

Exactly, it makes no sense to me :deadbanana4: Billie is nothing like Fiona, like... I can't find a single thing :rip: 

11 hours ago, Protocol said:

Hmm well WWAFA and Born to Die are pretty much even in units and increasing similarly on streaming.

One of these albums is 12 years old. Lana's recent efforts aren't touching Billie's.

what a waste of energy and who wants to be crowned queen of sad girl pop anyways.

Nonetheless Alanis ate ya'll the bleep up no ways:pancake:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.