TMZ: Female alt artist stans come for Recording Academy over Billie Eilish article.

NOW

58442260_444861792952530_453197809979280

While the Billie fan account isn't quite accurate in characterizing what the article actually says -- namely, that Billie has more or less popularized "sad girl" pop into its own subgenre, especially for a new generation -- it does sorta capture the spirit ... which seems to be giving artists like Billie and all the other Gen-Zers a bit more credit than they perhaps deserve.

A lot of them are pointing out that musicians like Fiona and Alanis Morissette are the actual trailblazers that the Recording Academy thinks Billie, Olivia and other young'ns are -- and there are other names getting thrown in the mix too as pioneers.

There's Lana Del Rey ... who's been in this lane for years. Others who've been mentioned as stalwarts of "sad girl" pop -- Michelle Branch, Taylor Swift, Avril Lavigne, Marina Diamandis, Lorde, Hope Sandoval ... and even older acts like Kate Bush and Joni Mitchell.

Billie making the lessers fume. :clap3:

That is the laziest crop I have ever seen of someone's hair in a pic. 

"Old stans mad that the bigger artist had bigger success with instant impact" should be the article title. Make the less successful fume :clap3:

518457491_camilaQueenOfPop.thumb.gif.f037af604e9af237e6e7d20d1ce7ca02.gif

its not her fault that her brand of sad girl pop caught on with the GP more than the others

1 hour ago, My Tears Ricochet said:

As they should :clap3:

End that overrated industry plant:gaycat2:

You stan for Camila. Go back to trash can.

Billie is way too powerful, I fear, but I agree that Lana should get her flowers.

Lana stans are kind of valid in their response, but still we're dealing 2022... The torch gotta get passed at some point and sales wise it happened a while ago :celestial5: 

I don't think Fiona Apple fans care about Billie or her fanbase, the fact that they fit in an alternative category doesn't make them similar or comparable. :skull:

Some twitter Lana fans are a bit much, so maybe.

Billie always has somebody heated nowadays

Let just everybody be great...There is really nothing more to add 

lana stans mad at a more successful artist? shocker

:rip:

The truth seemed to hurt the poor Lana stans. Billie is the queen of sad girl pop. :clap3:

TMZ is now branching out into political opinion pieces and sociocultural editorials that read like those Buzzfeed lists for clicks and I'm NOT a fan - I wish they'd stick to their wheelhouse - I'm fine with their politician interviews but this is NOT it. Also one publication trying to force some movement the general public doesn't recognize because media and the music industry are so splintered now is really annoying. 

A lot of the women mentioned here aren't necessarily pop either - women that happen to idk, emote and share their feelings, rather than do what's expected of them all being bunched like this is sexist and so tired, it's 2022. If they've grouped together on their own out of necessity like the Lilith Fair series founded by Sarah McLachlan, who I don't even see mentioned here, that's different. There's so many alternative pop and alternative rock girls since the 80s not mentioned here that weren't even in that series like a lot of Riot Grrrl bands.

2 hours ago, Trash said:

I don't think Fiona Apple fans care about Billie or her fanbase, the fact that they fit in an alternative category doesn't make them similar or comparable. :skull:

Some twitter Lana fans are a bit much, so maybe.

Didn't Fiona say she was relieved she wasn't nominated for Best Album at the Grammys because she didn't want to deal with Taylor's fanbase?

most people who dragged her weren't even stans, the tweet backfired because of how ridiculous it is :sistrens:

Truth has to be told, with or without the recording academy's propaganda

Deserved, if Billie Eilish had debuted in that era she'd be laughed out of the room for a whole host of reasons. :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.