Britney Spears - Gimme More

Aaliyah - Try Again

Lana Del Rey - Ride

Reign - Don't Let Me Go

CHVRCHES - Clearest Blue

Sky Ferreira - Everything is Embarrassing

Spotify

DEADLINE: TUESDAY AUGUST 9TH 6PM EST

the first 2 songs scared me for a second I thought this was a 2000s round and i got the theme wrong :deadbanana4:

7 minutes ago, Touch It said:

lucid worst song of all time omg

right even the rina stans like us won’t support it so good luck to them! (maybe gaga will save her)

iconic

Fergie - Fergalicious

• such a staple bop yaaa

Gwen Stefani - Hollaback Girl

• i rly only like the bananas part sorry

Carly Rae Jepsen - Cut to the Feeling

• soty i fear its just FUN

Lady Gaga - Shallow

• just awful this is genuinely one of my least favorite songs

Mazzy Star - Fade Into You

• woah this was rly chill i actually am obsessed

China Anne McClain - Calling All the Monsters

• a BOPPP like its so catchy

Lana Del Rey - Born to Die

• throw back to being on tumblr culture yaaa

Rita Ora - Let You Love Me

• this isnt like bad but its kind of nothing and i do not like the edm drop

Marina - Radioactive

• not my fave marina song but its so catchy and i love still

Irene Cara - Fame

• a classic yaaa this is so good

Rina Sawayama - LUCID

• this is such a silly song

Naomi Scott - She's So Gone

• yaaa this is a HITTT 

Wolf Alice - Don't Delete the Kisses

• this song is rly good i love the pacing

Hatchie - Without a Blush

• this sounds like a song and i cant remember it ugh. but its good

Gwen Stefani - Cool

• just so infectious and it transports u not many songs like this exist

Natasha Bedingfield - Pocketful of Sunshine

• the best song ever made. and the best song used in a movie ever like yeah mad i didnt use this one

• yaa this is pure c word i love

Aaliyah - Try Again

• yaa classic

Lana Del Rey - Ride

• love this song would listen to this on the way to the farmers market in freezing temperatures

Reign - Don't Let Me Go

• this is a song for sure

CHVRCHES - Clearest Blue

• this is so enticing and captivating 

• this song got me into her so good

Fergalicious - Obviously a really strong choice. It’s a classic that sounds great and has the nostalgia factor. I still play this regularly.

Hollaback Girl - This isn’t the Gwen song I go back to the most, but this has major nostalgia factor for me. Reminds me of gym class in elementary school, and it still holds up well.

Cut to the Feeling - Definitely in my Top 5 Carly songs. Good job.

Shallow - Gaga was fully in her bag with this. An instant classic.

Fade Into You - You probably won’t win this round but you definitely deserve to. 

Calling All The Monsters - This easy could have been a Rihanna hit mhmm.

Born to Die - This holds up really well despite how far Laha has come since this album. A good staple track for her.

Let You Love Me - The only Rita song I’m particularly attached to is Anywhere. This is kinda just a generic pop song.

Radioactive - Marina is a hit or miss artist for me and this is kinda just whatever. 

Fame - I understand their track’s status/place in history, but I feel like it’s something I don’t really feel the need to listen to outside certain contexts.

Lucid - This is perfectly fine to me but you’re probably in trouble with others

She’s So Gone - This reverence people have for this movie has never made sense to me but this song is excellent. Would have been big in the hands of Kelly Clarkson.

Don’t Delete The Kisses - A bit over Wolf Alice in the games section but I can’t deny this is excellent. 

Without A Blush - I wasn’t feeling this at the start but it picked up very nicely. Think this will be a grower. Will listen again before ranking. 

Cool- I’ve always thought this was a nice take on the traditional breakup song.

Pocketful of Sunshine - Of the 00s classics this is probably the one I’m least attached to, but this is still obviously strong

Gimmie More - I honestly didn’t see the appeal of Blackout until relatively recently, but I definitely appreciate this track now.

Try Again - A dope beat to step to 

Ride - This is literally the first time that I’ve liked this song

Don’t Let Me Go - Sounds like a Florence + the Machine song I can’t remember. Not the worst thing here tbh.

Clearest Blue - I’m one of the Games Section’s CHVRCHES apologists so this works for me

Everything is Embarrassing - I’m not as attached to Sky/this track as others, but an obviously good choice 

oCtQpvu.gif

Fergie - Fergalicious: Opening beat is excellent and it has certain enjoyable aspects but I’ve always been a little meh on it overall, the chorus is lacking. Still, it’s alright and her raps are good

Gwen Stefani - Hollaback Girl: Classic throwback bop, the blueprint for some much more obnoxious songs that came about in the tens

Carly Rae Jepsen - Cut to the Feeling: Omg HUGE bop. She was not ******* around!!!! I haven’t listened a ton over the years even though I love Carly because I feel like I would get sick easily but whenever I do relisten after a year or so… it HITS

Lady Gaga - Shallow: Unlistenable

Mazzy Star - Fade Into You: Winner, one of the most gorgeous songs ever

China Anne McClain - Calling All the Faggots: Winner [2] Kim Petras could never. Hope China Anne gets her revenge this time!

Lana Del Rey - Born to Die: Her vocals are so dramatic but it’s fine enough, works for the song

Rita Ora - Let You Love Me: Harmless, cute, middle of the road

Marina - Radioactive: Aged so, SO bad, worse than the rest of the album even. It's annoying to listen to now

Irene Cara - Fame: Long-winded and pretty standard/basic song for a time that I don’t have nostalgia for so to the bottom of my rankings you go :(

Rina Sawayama - LUCID: Well… a choice and I get the hate but I do think people do too much, it’s fun, better than all of Chromatica!

Naomi Scott - She's So Gone: Okay I’ve actually never seen this movie before lmao but I’VE ALWAYS LOVED THIS SONG AHHHH. It’s such a banger. Angsty punky Disney’d Power Pop just goes off idk

Wolf Alice - Don't Delete the Kisses: Every time I think of this song now I’m like “okay I’m over DDTK. It’s way overused” and then I actually listen and… it’s still great! Love yelling along to the chorus and the spoken word parts of the verses

Hatchie - Without a Blush: Not her best song but it’s still Snatchie so you know I’m gonna stan. The “I didn’t wanna end the dream” repetition at the end is WinnieAscending.gif

Gwen Stefani - Cool: Very lovely production and vocals

Natasha Bedingfield - Pocketful of Sunshine: Great stuff, insanely repetitive yes but the energy sells it

Britney Spears - Gimme More: I really like the pre-chorus and the breakdowns but I’ve always found it overrated :( the chorus is wayyyy too repetitive and the verses sound cheaply produced

Aaliyah - Try Again: Better than I remembered, chorus is a little repetitive as well (that’s three songs in a row f) but it works better here

Lana Del Rey - Ride: Very cinematic yes I can see why it was used in a movie. But the vocals are too forced for me, sorry

Reign - Don't Let Me Go: Kinda sounds like Austra but much more generic or Zola Jesus singing a Florence OST song and yeah… not feeling her

CHVRCHES - Clearest Blue: Obviously the highlight is the transition into the second half. Very uplifting and sweet

Sky Ferreira - Everything is Embarrassing: Love, not my absolute favorite by her but offc it was the right choice, the way it starts with the intro is so atmospheric and really absorbs you into the song’s vibe, nice way to close

@kipperskipper @XO_Life @minho @Rotunda @Future Lover @Noah @brycehooha @K$Ellie @Lucky#17 @wish @Element
 @thecptz @Luckitty @Bicassie @Opulent @Julia Fox @Rence @Hikari @Technicolor @luckystrike @touya kinomoto @Seffers

AampDFY.gif

Fergie - Fergalicious: Classic level. Production wise there's a lot going on (which is a good thing) that really captures my ear. 

Gwen Stefani - Hollaback Girl: I wouldn't say this is timeless or anything but it's still a classic with some personality. 

Carly Rae Jepsen - Cut to the Feeling: I liked this more 4-5 years ago. I don't mind the verses still but the chorus aged for me unfortunately.

Lady Gaga - Shallow: Can't stand their vocals. Bleh. 

Mazzy Star - Fade Into You: I don't love this song but I appecriate the outside of the box approach as usual.  An "obscure" entry that I will reward. 

China Anne McClain - Calling All the Monsters: This is good enough. Probably the best post 2010 disney song. And like Sanguine said, easily better than any Kim song. 

Lana Del Rey - Born to Die: BTD era I never really was attached to but this is a good song in retrospect.

Rita Ora - Let You Love Me: The production gives a little something but Rita doesn't click for me

Marina - Radioactive: I guess this was her sellout era judging from what this sounds like. I think I like this more than her entry last round so there's that at least.

Irene Cara - Fame: I'm an 80s person so these kind of songs I can understand the appeal. 

Rina Sawayama - LUCID: Never liked this one. Another miss from Bloodpop.  

Naomi Scott - She's So Gone: It's okay. Pop-rock isn't necessarily my thing and I don't have nostalgia for the media this is from.  

Wolf Alice - Don't Delete the Kisses: Heard this song enough times already and I still don't really get the hype but nonetheless it's fine. 

Hatchie - Without a Blush: A little too long tbh but it's decent. Actually heard this a few times while shopping to my surprise. 

Gwen Stefani - Cool: Slightly overrated but it's still good. 

Natasha Bedingfield - Pocketful of Sunshine: Used in one of the memorable Easy A moments; It's in the same reign for me as Vanessa Carlton's A Thousand

Miles of white girl'd songs that I can enjoy while on the radio or something. 

Britney Spears - Gimme More: Definitely a staple. Has all the compontents a great song makes. 

Aaliyah - Try Again: Been so long since I've seen Romeo Must Die. Anyway, a beloved song we all know. 

Lana Del Rey - Ride: Don't really care much for this song from her but it's not bad. 

Reign - Don't Let Me Go: In my Randy Jackson voice: It's a no for me dawg. 

CHVRCHES - Clearest Blue: Comes and goes. Doesn't offend me as Chvrches normally would. 

Sky Ferreira - Everything is Embarrassing: Ariel really went to work here. Sky & Dev combined makes a successful mixture.  

@kipperskipper @XO_Life @minho @Rotunda @Future Lover @Noah @brycehooha @K$Ellie @Lucky#17 @wish @Element
 @thecptz @Luckitty @Bicassie @Opulent @Julia Fox @Rence @Hikari @Technicolor @luckystrike @touya kinomoto @Seffers

Fergalicious - a bop that sounds so fresh even in this day… such a fun song tbh 

Hollaback Girl - I always found this song very repetitive and overrated but issabop anyway 

Cut to the Feeling - never cared that much for this… it’s very euphoric and classic Carly but that’s it tbh because I don’t like how her voice sounds on the chorus imo.

Shallow - never liked this that much…

Fade Into You - one of the best songs ever made… you took a risk and it will paid off easily and I’m glad I’m not the only one stanning this song! 

Calling All The Monsters - it’s a bop… once a year remember this bop and listen to this… it’s incredibly good, catchy and it has a lot of personality which is something great based on how old she was during that time… ugh she had so much potential tbh 

Born to Die - love this x incredible song 

Let You Love Me - never liked this. never liked her. never liked anything related to her. a flop 

Radioactive - very dated. I’m not an EH fan at all… sorry 

Fame - cute. Very of its time btw and I’m not attached to it by any means so it will be low on my ranks x sorry 

Lucid - her worst song tbh 

She’s So Gone - Im a Bridgit fan and I was never attached to this movie soundtrack tbh but it’s good… I can see Kelly or Avril singing it back in 2005 and make it a hit. 

Don’t Delete The Kisses - love this song since I first heard it on late 2017 when it randomly played in my Spotify… I’m a bit tired of seeing this on ATRL games tho 

Without A Blush - I remember this song was a definitive moment when my therapist said I had depression. Since that I always loved it. It’s attached not only to that but I was in a delicate relationship that has lasted more than 3 years and recently ended. Such a superb and relatable song for me. Good choice! 

Cool- A classic! Such an original song. Love the new wave vibe that this offers and Gwen's voice sounds so sweet. 

Pocketful of Sunshine - I always were more attached to Unwritten. This feels a lil repetitive and very meh but it’s not bad 

Gimmie More - I love this. It’s overrated? Yes. But it deserves tho. Love the sexyness, the slow singing Britney offers. The dark, rich and mysterious production. She was on fire when she recorded this! 

Try Again - a good song! Issa classic 

Ride - this song is so chaotic. I love this. It’s just heavenly. Everytime i listen to this I see myself running away of any **** of the past and feeling everything. It’s incredible! 

Don’t Let Me Go - questionable choice. nothing special. good luck! 

Clearest Blue - they are very hit or miss but well… this time is a hit! Always liked this one!

Everything is Embarrassing - a classic. I still want to be like her sometimes. Dirty hair with a crack face. This song is just depressing and the production it’s top notch! Maybe the best song ever made? Maybe.

Edited by Julia Fox

mfC0qAo.gif

Fergie - Fergalicious
So delicious it's fergalicious, this is not so secretly one of my favorite songs, even will.i.am cannot ruin it for me, her rap verse is one of my favorite things ever created, in the name of the father, the son, and the haus of gucci. 

I'm very old, so I remember the day I first heard this, I was at a friends house playing Halo 2 and it came on the RADIO :avaold: and we thought it was so fun, the **** was bananas 

I'm a Carly stan and this is one of her best tbqh. It's euphoric, it's fun, the way it soars into the chorus :chefskiss:  

Lady Gaga - Shallow
This song is kind of iconic but I don't really listen to it, I obviously don't care about Bradley's part at all, but I love Gaga's drama on this song, her guttural moans, she was desperate for that Oscar. 

I saw this artist and had zero clue who they are, I listened to the song and I know this song from one of my favorite shows, Gilmore girls :deadbanana2: It's not bad, a little sleepy.

China Anne McClain - Calling All the Faggots
I have no adolescent attachments to this song but I recognize it is a fun bop.

I'm not the biggest Lana fan but this song isn't terrible, she's still dreary here, as always, but I like the production and the vibes I guess. 

Very cute, kinda basic, inoffensive, bop

Marina - Radioactive
The way I was obsessed with this song back in 2013 or whatever :deadbanana2: it's aged but still kinda bops

Irene Cara - Fame
A classic but not one of my faves, it's a little too long, I mainly love the chorus and "rememba rememba rememba" part

Rina Sawayama - LUCID
People do WAY too much on this song :deadbanana4: it's not bad at all, it's a little by the numbers pop bop, harmless

Her Kelly Clarkson serve :jonny:

This is a very pleasant song, I bob my head while listening, the chorus is fun to shout along with

Never heard of this Hatchie song but I enjoyed it tbh :gaycat4:

Gwen Stefani - Cool
This song is just good vibes to me, I've always enjoyed it

An addictive earworm of a song :jonny: Easy A classic 

Iconic from top to bottom, the opening line, the VMAs performance, the album, the era. Also one of my favorite songs period.

Aaliyah - Try Again
Aaliyah just had IT and so does this song, definitely one of my faves :jamming:  

Lana Del Rey - Ride
The chorus of this song is very lovely, her vocals on the verses make me think of a goose honk tone.

Reign - Don't Let Me Go
You must have a personal connection to this song because you had like 10,000 better options available and you still chose this

CHVRCHES - Clearest Blue
This is pretty, it sounds like most CHVRCHES songs, I enjoyed the 2nd half more I guess.

Baby if you let me be your lover.. :jonny: I just love the way she sounds on this and the production is right up my alley as well. 

xXMBS95.png

fergalicious: so iconic and fun, her second best song to me! really a classic

hollaback girl: it's got a lot of personality but this didn't hold up AS well as I wish it did, possibly in the middle of the pack from me

cut to the feeling: sort of not worth sitting through the verses for the explosive chorus since they're so blah, will be middle for me 

shallow: I mean I guess... it's okay but I would never listen to it willingly

fade into you: oh wow this was a surprise! this is so pretty and dreamy, this is literally minho-core (possible winner for me?)

calling all the monsters: omg who is this artist, I really like her song!

born to die: the cinematic feel is interesting, but this is bogged down by her delivery

let you love me: this is like if someone ten years from now asked what 2017-2018 sounded like in pop music, but I mean... it's bopping!

radioactive: cool bop but not as into it anymore

fame: I have no thoughts, not really a fan 

lucid: extremely generic but it gets stuck in my head so I quite like it

she's so gone: this is so nostalgic to me and in the present day I like pop-rock even MORE so I appreciate this 10x more, will be very high!

don't delete the kisses: incredibly beautiful, will be very high [2]

without a blush: there's a lot of different elements that I love but the chorus is particularly great, will be very high [3] (this 1-2-3 punch YAS)

cool: yes a classic, might be an obvious choice but its a good one to me!

pocketful of sunshine: I really am happy that this song is getting a lot of recent retrospective love (and even being referenced by artists today!) it's held up so well and is just purely enjoyable

gimme more: its good, surprised it wasn't sent before

try again: her singles are flaw free basically, although I do prefer other songs this is still very good

ride: the vocal delivery is infuriating, it's just so forced and awkward that I can't let myself get into the theatrical atmosphere which is a big shame bc I like the production even more than btd 

don't let me go: this definitely feels like something you'd find in a CW show... I'm not a fan of this kind of over the top music though, I'm sorry

clearest blue: pretty nice, love a solid synth pop bop

everything is embarrassing: I prefer her pop-rock edged music but this is a classic and I was obsessed with it at some point and still have nostalgia!

final thoughts:

everyone did so well!! I really enjoyed like 75%+ of the songs, so ranking will be very difficult and I apologize in advance if I don't rank your song as well as I would want to because its just so strong :sad:

#panned :sad:

im-in-danger-ralph.gif

Fergie - Fergalicious

Mega bop

Mega bop [2]

Cute but a bit overrated imho

Lady Gaga - Shallow

This is nice but so so so overplayed.

Beautiful song, probably one of the best songs of all time

why is this good :deadbanana2:

Mega classic, and definitely one of her strongest from this era of her career

Cute but beyond generic

Marina - Radioactive

I used to LOVEEE this song so much when I was like 12. Looking back, it's just cute

Irene Cara - Fame

Omgggg this is nice, not my FAVE song from this era of music though

Rina Sawayama - LUCID

One of her worst songs :rip: I'm scared for you

Omg this is kinda cute nnn it's giving Kelly Clarkson/P!nk. However it doesn't measure up to most of these classics

I just absolutely adore this song :heart2:

Gorgeous song, her best imo

Gwen Stefani - Cool

I love this song so so so so much. Beautiful and bittersweet

Nnnn classic, Easy A immediately comes to mind

Mega bop [3]

Aaliyah - Try Again

Ouu I haven't heard this in so long, I grew up hearing this song from my mom & older sister so this brings me back to a good place

Lana Del Rey - Ride

Gorgeous, brooding classic. 

Reign - Don't Let Me Go

Props for being one of the only entries that isn't just an easy fan-fave choice. This isn't bad, but it's not impressive either. Her voice is turning me off a bit

CHVRCHES - Clearest Blue

One of their best songs for sure

One of my favorite songs of all time :heart2: I don't think I ever took this out of rotation after 10 years

Fergie - Fergalicious

huge classic, hasn't aged a bit

huge classic, hasn't aged a bit [2]

really really overrated and worse than anything on Emotion, it's an alright song ig

Lady Gaga - Shallow

don't like this at all but I guess I'm not middle aged :toofunny3:

well this is pleasant but also sounds like a boring Lana song

China Anne McClain - Calling All the Monsters

don't have any emotional attachment to this so the nostalgia isn't gonna work on me x

huge classic, hasn't aged a bit [3]

really liked this at the time but it's aged a bit, still v cute tho

Marina - Radioactive

horrible, reeks of 2012, should have sent Rita's Radioactive

Irene Cara - Fame

didn't recognise it until the chorus :eek: fun throwback bop

Rina Sawayama - LUCID

not the absolute worst thing ever but I'm not sure what you were hoping to achieve by sending this x

I'll be nice cause I love Rina but that drop ruins the song

eh it's not Determinate

not my fave from them but such a pretty song :heart:

wouldn't be one of my faves from her cause I mostly use the EP and GTWA but it's solid, definitely top half

Gwen Stefani - Cool

Hollaback Girl is better but classic [4]

I never go out of my way to listen to this but great song nonetheless

definitely in my top 10 favorite songs of all time

Aaliyah - Try Again

never got into her but this is cute, probably wouldn't listen again tho

Lana Del Rey - Ride

Born To Die is better but I really like this too

Reign - Don't Let Me Go

yeah this isn't great sorry!

CHVRCHES - Clearest Blue

don't really like them anymore but I forgot this was my fave on this album and thought it was gonna land towards the bottom fff cute bop, love the second half

tried sending this so i'm tanking out of pettiness :biblio: top 3 with ease

it looks like I’m safe but too early to tell tbh :gaycat:

Fergie - Fergalicious

Yep we're starting with a bop, hit it fergie!

Well we can never go wrong with a childhood bop x

Yeah the chorus of this song is very infectious, it really carried the song overall

Lady Gaga - Shallow

Ok fun is over

The song sounds familiar but idk where I heard it, it's very pretty

Bopping really hard, a very slayful entry

Well it was good during its time, a bit aged but I dont mind

It was decent for a Rita Ora song

Marina - Radioactive

Not my fave from Electra Heart, a bit aged but I dont mind [2]

Irene Cara - Fame

A classic I guess, didn't really vibe to it that much tho

Rina Sawayama - LUCID

Her worst song to date, yikes! She should really stop doing G*g* tributes

A cute pop-rock Disney smash, we kinda stan

Thank you Heartstopper, i guess! Jk! Love this group and this song is really good

Queen of Dreampop! They just never miss for me

Gwen Stefani - Cool

Well objectively, the better Gwen song this round

Another classic, I've always loved this song

Another classic, I've always loved this song. [2]

Aaliyah - Try Again

But did the sender even try, jk it's a staple classic x

Lana Del Rey - Ride

Slightly better than BTD I guess

Reign - Don't Let Me Go

This is the oddest choice for this round and I don't think the risk will pay off.

CHVRCHES - Clearest Blue

Not my fave from them but this was cute.

Queen of being gone for almost a whole decade did that, glad we ended on a good note x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.