Beach House - PPP

All Saints - Never Ever

Ethel Cain - Thoroughfare

SPOTIFY

DEADLINE: WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 21ST 9PM EST

@Noah @wish @luckystrike @Element @Lucky#17 @brycehooha @Touch It

G9YAZch.gif

FclZWHIWYAAcusB?format=jpg&name=large

Daft Punk - Get Lucky - just way too repetitive. like waaaaaaaaaay too repetitive. not my cup of tea.

Alicia Keys - You Don't Know My Name - hmmmm, it was alright! she sounds great as usual but the song wasn't that interesting to me.

The Weeknd - The Party & The Afterparty - this is really smooth <3 i enjoyed it quite alot!

Beach House - PPP - ummm, it's okay! not really my vibe or anything but i guess it could work on a boring movie moment idk.

All Saints - Never Ever - it started promising but in the end it's just pretty boring and uneventful for me.

Ethel Cain - Thoroughfare - the album has way better songs but this is pretty good still! i do feel like it works better as part of the album though, than on it's own.

666 long songs critiques

04fe0c6f2d631efe451466781936d076b0c8f059

Daft Punk - Get Lucky

it's a bop! it's something fun it's something for the summertime! drags a bit but it's still fun

ezgif-1-4432389e2e.gif

Alicia Keys - You Don't Know My Name

all of alicia's classics are just sooo good and some of my fav songs ever, u can send any of them and I'd praise! LOVE the piano parts of this and her vocals and the monologue part is so cute and nice

1a7c24ea55b538e5262bd387c610f839887a95b0.gifv

The Weeknd - The Party & The Afterparty

this was the first the weeknd song I ever listened to and I love it a lot!! like something about it just hits really hard u ate u did

d99e7bb7a781773fbd3f026ab212b7fd94d5ca31.gifv

Beach House - PPP

sooo dreamy and beautiful, one of my fav songs by them (used this gif bc they were tripping on shrooms and i feel like this song is very much a song to get high to)

b1ccc90cff3c99e1715effc564fdc5b215526a9e.gif

All Saints - Never Ever

this song was very comforting and cute!! I really like the vibe of it tbh

69a2c0b7d6652a54a1b5f427d6bc501c35214571.gifv

knew this was coming when I saw the ethel ban I think the storytelling and harmonica on this are amazing and it's a good song! it's btm 3 on preachers daughter for me tho tbh so im a little mad. but it eats yeah!

66b9af4756718324f2839561b7cc1bd0f4b71084.gifv

Edited by Touch It

oCtQpvu.gif

Daft Punk - Get Lucky: Despised this in 2013, it’s whatever now

Alicia Keys - You Don't Know My Name: It’s nice. A little too bare at points but mostly solid

The Weeknd - The Party & The Afterparty: I set myself up cuz I mixed this up with HOB, which is way better and sadly banned. This is okay but not worth the eight minutes

Beach House - PPP: Lovely song, they created such a great atmosphere with this album

All Saints - Never Ever: I see how this would be nostalgic to some but I’ve never heard it so it’s very dated to me :(

Ethel Cain - Thoroughfare: Queen of music

@Noah @wish @luckystrike @Element @Lucky#17 @brycehooha @Touch It

mfC0qAo.gif

Daft Punk - Get Lucky
I mean this is totally FINE, I stanned it back then, it's been soccer mom'd now, never realized it was this long

A smooth summer classic, love the piano, one of her best

This was nice and chill, I hate long songs but this would be fine background music 

Beach House - PPP
This put me to sleep, it was relaxing I guess is a compliment I could give

All Saints - Never Ever
A classic, it's the only song I knew by them until I played games on ATRL and discovered Pure Shores, both are excellent

Dreadfully long, dreary, her voice is nice tho, she should cover Linger by the Cranberries

wishtie's critiques ☆★☆

Daft Punk - Get Lucky

Definitely was overplayed back then but I’m enjoying the vibes while listening right now. A bop, maybe it became a classic for a reason? :loud:

Perhaps Alicia’s best song? I loveee this, such a big childhood classic for me. The sample sounds amazing and her vocals ate

Haven’t heard this in soooo long omg. Enjoyable but the second half kinda drags on. It’s a bit dated for me...

Beach House - PPP

Yeah this is just gorgeous, this album is one of my favorites from that year & this is a highlight. :heart2: Deserves its length. I’m gonna go cry now 

All Saints - Never Ever

This isn’t bad but right now it’s not doing much for me. I’m bored... doesn’t deserve its length

Love this album but this was nowhere near one of my favorites. It's pretty butttt sonically it’s just not my thing, and it's dragging on rn :emofish:

brycehooha's critiques 

unknown.png?width=392&height=662

Daft Punk - Get Lucky: I use to eat the pentatonix cover of this up :sosad:but this song is never ending

Alicia Keys - You Don't Know My Name: this song made me start drinking hot chocolate with milk instead of water

The Weeknd - The Party & The Afterparty: I just dont rly like this im sorry it dragged and it kind of was not the best lyrically

Beach House - PPP: Like i hate beach house but didnt realize this was them somehow and why was it actually good? sorry to beach house.

All Saints - Never Ever: Idk why but i ate this up like i imagine id hear this on sister sister somehow im swaying yup kind of went on for a bit too long tho

Ethel Cain - Thoroughfare: just so boring to me im sorry like i like the one instrument tho

Edited by brycehooha

spacer.png

Daft Punk - Get Lucky - this is a BOP! I've always loved hearing this when it played on the radio, I never knew the full song was this long but that doesn't matter because it's such a groovy fun bop, I love it! Nice pick. 

Alicia Keys - You Don't Know My Name - This damn classic!! This is such a beautiful song, she put her heart and soul into this entire song, such a R&B masterpiece, truly a masterclass in R&B music, queen was in her bag in the 2000s! An icon! The dialogue is also beyond iconic, I also pictured the music video while listening, I loved that video so much! You ate. 

The Weeknd - The Party & The Afterparty - Yaaas a Trilogy song! This is definitely one of his best songs and I am really glad that you sent it in this round. The production of this sound is absolutely killer and the song has various elements that ensures the appeal remains and the listener don't get bored. He utilized the full 7 minutes to capacity and I appreciate that. Great job. 

Beach House - PPP - This is such an emotional song, Depression Cherry is hands down their best album, no arguments! This song is really good. The production has a sort of dreamy element to it but the lyrics cut deep. I like that juxtaposition. Lovely submission. 

All Saints - Never Ever - This has some really nice production on it, the instrumentation is strong. I really enjoyed the vocal performances throughout the song, this group is definitely vocally talented and I appreciate that, the song itself is also nice, it was an enjoyable listen. Nice pick. 

Ethel Cain - Thoroughfare - When I listened to this album, my main issue was that some songs would be really good she cut them shorter, I feel like this song would be much better if it was just 7 minutes, the last few minutes wasn't necessarily needed. However, I do think this is one of the better songs on that album, I do enjoy the lyrical content and it's a good song, the harmonica is also nice. 

@wish @luckystrike @Element @Lucky#17 @brycehooha @Touch It

Edited by Not Like The Movies

9zLbHms.gif

Daft Punk - Get Lucky

ok I used to not like this that much but I do now! very groovy, fun, and carefree :katie2: kind of shocked that it’s 6 minutes long because it feels much shorter (which is a good thing)

very soulful and almost melancholic. love the spoken word section :smitten: don’t have much else to say other than it’s great! :clap3:

really like the production on this :relax: it does drag a bit towards the end and could use some more variety but overall it’s very smooth and nice to listen to :jamming:

Beach House - PPP

very trance inducing :beach: a lot of their music is very surreal and makes me feel like I’m in an episode of Twin Peaks or sumn (which I love) :smitten:

All Saints - Never Ever

ok this was cute :jamming: managed to keep my interest throughout the whole song :lakitu: I didn’t really like the ending but other than that it was lovely (especially the chorus)

definitely something I would put on when I’m feeling sad :chick3: love the chorus and the guitar section around the 6 minute mark :jamming:

not a fan of the outro though and it kind of overstays it’s welcome a bit (like it would be much better if the last 2 and a half minutes were removed) :emofish:

ok ty judges for having me back! goodbye and good luck everyone! :heart2:

@wish @luckystrike @Element @Lucky#17 @brycehooha @Touch It

Daft Punk f/ Pharrell Williams & Nile Rodgers — Get Lucky

The radio edit does capture more of its charm, but I still like the autotune’d vocals & its other elements.

Alicia Keys — You Don’t Know My Name

This is STELLAR.

The Weeknd — The Party & The After Party

I like that a few new elements in the production are going on here&there + that the second half is a “new” song. It ends up being cohesive/works as a single song + I LOVE his voice here.

Beach House — PPP

Depending on my mood this is either something I’d find too reverb’d for me, or just right/beautiful. Not sure which mood I’m in now… I guess I’ll give this another spin tomorrow.

All Saints — Never Ever

The intro & outro were the best portions, for sure. The whole 4.5minutes in the middle wasn’t as convincing.

Ethel Cain — Thoroughfare

I can’t help but hear the zests of Lana throughout this. Liked this a bit more than I anticipated.

Edited by Lucky#17

Get Lucky: overplayed the **** out of this because I had to learn it for a school performance a few semesters ago so I hate it

You Don't Know My Name: lovely song, the piano eats

The Part & The After Party: honestly this sounds like any early Abel song to me but longer, not gagging

PPP: this is okay, felt very cinematic and breezy

Never Ever: cute song, I liked the vibes even though it's a little repetitive

Thoroughfare: wasn't a huge fan of this album but this song was definitely a grower, could easily be shortened 2-3 minutes though but overall it's very nice

8Y6jc0j.gif

Daft Punk - Get Lucky

What the actual FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK??????????????? oh my ******* GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD…………. I am not joking when I tell you this song has managed to make me feel like no other song ever HAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the DISGUST!!!!!! and extreme ANGER I GET!!!!!! when I listen to it is unmatched AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH this is such an annoying pop song like the disco synths in the begginIng under those irritating harmonies that lead to the pulsing EAR PIERCING garageband beat that just feels so generic and wack and cheap and off putting and then his VOCALS?!!!!!!!! come in like HOWWWWW DARE YOU1!!!!!!!!!?!?!?!?1?!?!!?!?!?!?’11 the way he sings it is gross and sets the tone of the song so badly AND this song as a whole is such an terrible opener [for the playlist] like what the FREAK!!!!!!!! Omg and the way the choruses go down and throughout the bridge it gets bigger and the last chorus just explodes so **ing horribly, it reaches that climax you’ve been avoiding for the whole song in such a way I still get WAR FLASHBACKS when I listen to it and jesus according to my lastfm I have almost 2 plays of this song and it has not gotten better a single BIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just an insufferable pop song that I could trash every day for the rest of my life you don’t UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am LIVID!!!!!!!!!!! This is 6 minutes 10 seconds of pure satanic tempest that everyone in the world needs to STAY AWAY FROM IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUNERALS!!!!!!!!!!!!! WARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLOCAUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PEOPLE DIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUILDINGS COLLAPSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH WORST SONG OF ALL TIME I DON’T THINK YOU EVEN UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, she ate here! I love the vocals and the production. The ambience is very smooth but the dynamism of the instruments keep it very interesting, the piano, the subtle guitars, the backing vocals, the strings!! I love this

A great track from this album. I wasn’t expecting this song when I saw him banned but this was a very pleasant surprise! I actually enjoy his darker, rougher eras so this is a success for me

Beach House - PPP

The girls that smoke get it, get it! This is very entrancing and I love how hypnotizing it sounds. Their music always sounds like a paradisiac island where nothing ever happens, which I really like so I can disconnect from mundane worries and responsibilities

All Saints - Never Ever

Apparently this was a hit in the US, I have never heard this before but it sounds pretty uneventful? I think the song is very bare bones tbh. I feel like the chorus is what restrains the whole song from being a success. If it had some ad libs, more dynamic backing vocals/harmonizations, an evolving instrumental… something to give it that extra push. idk, it was definitely missing something 

Yes, the evolving nature of the song fits very well with the length. Keep it interested, keep it dynamic if you’re going to make a long song. I loveeeeed the guitar section

@wish @luckystrike @Element @Lucky#17 @brycehooha @Touch It

• ATRL Moderator

Daft Punk - Get Lucky

I honestly hated this song when it was popular. It then grew on me a bit over time... but it's honestly still so repetitive and annoying. Not a huge fan!

Ugh this was so good!! She kept giving us intrigue and melodies!

I really didn't enjoy this. The Trilogy era doesn't do much for me and this is no exception. The first minute or two are nice but it becomes just very boring and monotonous for me.

Beach House - PPP

Definitely pretty if not a bit dull! I liked the instrumentation.

All Saints - Never Ever

Cute at times! A bit cheesy but it had a nice warm feeling to it.

I actually enjoyed this quite a bit, but agree with the earlier comments about the outro not really being necessary. Everyone stream Gibson Girl!

In conclusion, long songs are not the tea x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.