Heatwave in Europe: Fires in London, UK breaks temp record by 1.5 degrees

Chemist

i feel so bad for the uk :dancehall: heat is my number one weakness, i straight up cannot function if i'm too hot. i can't fathom trying to live in 41C weather with humidity and no ac :deadbanana2: 

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chemist

• Into The Void

• khalyan

• Robert

7 hours ago, babyforlife said:

I live in tropical country and yes it feel much hotter than usual. I have a hard time to sleep at night cause I dont have AC installed in my room. Usually its around 22°C-24°C which is my sweet spot, but for the past few days it went over 28°C-31°C at NIGHT :rip:

Once tropical countries hit above 34°C, we will be exposed to heatstroke. The humidity is the killing factor. 

heatindexchart-650.jpg

Honestly today felt just 'very hot' until about 15 minutes ago and now it's 1PM and kinda unbearable. It feels like the heat in Vegas but with nothing to help apart from cold water :monkey:

The fact that I live in Italy and I never experienced the 40°s in my life. :rip:

At least the UK will be back to normal very soon. Southern Europe, on the other hand, is doomed. 

11 minutes ago, Chemist said:

:cm:

Weather but makes it Kworb with hourly updates :cm:

40 minutes ago, Codex said:

I was including Dallas as part of “desert cities”.

109F in France yesterday too ?

I meant cracking a window open at night though, that’s what many Europeans do unless nighttime temperatures are high too. Like, in Budapest we’re about to have 38C, but nighttime is 20C, so you can cool your house back down a bit. But, when I was in Malta last year I understood their need for AC, because it was still 30C at 2am ?

its between 78-82 at night here on a typical summer night lol idk what that is in celsius

we need a global cooling :fan:

Edited by Insanity

4 hours ago, BadMonster said:

About two hours ago it was like 38 in the shade, they're saying it's about 45/46 in the streets now, but those temperatures aren't registered cuz the weather station are in fixed locations with other circumstances

Nawt 46 degrees :deadbanana2:

All day I have BURNED.

After several days of around 30 degrees, we are back to sub 20 degrees in my part of Ireland.

Denmark today got the highest temperatures ever recorded :skull: Global warming is coming for us and all we can do is watch.

23 hours ago, Codex said:

Sh*t, the head dome is moving east. My phone says Szeged (Hungary) will reach 43 C on Saturday :gaycat2:

My phone says it will be 44 C on Saturday in Belgrade :deadvision: 

Not sure how to feel about it. 

Why are some people so anti-AC? :skull:

And to whoever said they are ugly must not have seen once since the 80's. Mine is built into the walls of my condo so it's not even visible lol.

On 7/21/2022 at 5:05 PM, Musicology said:

We're done.

I really don't know how we all managed to get through the heatwave on Monday and Tuesday. I have never felt so hot, sweaty and dizzy in my life, you literally couldn't escape the heat, it felt like we were slowly being cooked alive.

Thank God I refrigerated lots of bottled water to get me through those two days. My poor Dog didn't know what to do with herself, I had to hose her down with cold water every 2-3 hours. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday have been a complete contrast by comparison and so much cooler.

Edited by GlamSlam

On 7/21/2022 at 11:26 AM, Kamil24 said:

Why are some people so anti-AC? :skull:

And to whoever said they are ugly must not have seen once since the 80's. Mine is built into the walls of my condo so it's not even visible lol.

There are many studies showing how bad they are for climate change. On a policy level, it is not the way to fight high temperatures

On 7/21/2022 at 5:05 PM, Musicology said:

Today it's gonna reach 36 degrees in Zagreb :deadbanana4: I am going to gym at 4pm

1 hour ago, Clauss said:

There are many studies showing how bad they are for climate change. On a policy level, it is not the way to fight high temperatures

Sucks for the climate, I'll keep using it to stay alive in the summer :michael:

• ATRL Moderator
5 hours ago, Clauss said:

Kylie J takes 3 minute flights across LA and you think people running AC is the issue with climate change?

Jesus I am melting even during night :deadbanana4:

5 hours ago, khalyan said:

Kylie J takes 3 minute flights across LA and you think people running AC is the issue with climate change?

Well I believe scientists and BOTH things are true.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.