• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chemist

• Into The Void

• khalyan

• Robert

Edited by KnightOfAllRealms

It's starting to get cooler, but the last few days have been HELL. Literally like living in an oven. :rip:

I'm feeling for people who have to work/be outdoors in this heat. I'm not planning to leave my house at all the next few days, I'm stocked up on food, got my water and ice and my fan is ready to go

Edited by HotFriedChicken

Stay hydrated, folks!

18 minutes ago, ATWK said:

It's starting to get cooler, but the last few days have been HELL. Literally like living in an oven. :rip:

!!!

18 minutes ago, HotFriedChicken said:

I'm feeling for people who have to work/be outdoors in this heat. I'm not planning to leave my house at all the next few days, I'm stocked up on food, got my water and ice and my fan is ready to go

One worker died here 2 days ago as he was working cleaning the streets around 6:00 P.M., he was 60yo and his body temperature was 41 :chick3: so sad.

500 DEAD? stay cool over there omg

Edited by cinnamongirI

27 minutes ago, KnightOfAllRealms said:

This is like a normal day in our tropics

tenor.png

Stay hydrated as possible, leave windows open and curtains closed. Be careful when drinking alcohol.

Edit: Leave windows open when it’s cooler outside and shut when hotter outside

Edited by Robert

I dont want to sound ignorant or insensitive, but is there a reason why people die of heat that other people find "normal for summer" in other areas? 

the fact my boyfriend called me during work just to brag about how cooler it was in the MIDDLE EAST

Edited by ProudLBS

5 minutes ago, Melquiades said:

I dont want to sound ignorant or insensitive, but is there a reason why people die of heat that other people find "normal for summer" in other areas? 

Some places are landlocked so don’t have any breeze or colder/wet air coming from the waterways. Some places have an abundance of buildings that also block a breeze. Then there’s pollution caused by cars, building exhaust, people, etc. 

a tropical place (where the area is wet/humid) that is 41C/105F is MUCH different than a landlocked or Mediterranean climate (where the air is dry like Spain) 41C/105F. 

20 minutes ago, Melquiades said:

Portugal and Spain reached 45C - 47C. This is not normal even for other hotter areas

Europe is poorly equipped to withstand high temperatures, especially northern europe where the % of households with A/C is less than 5%.

In my country is 82-90f all year long this is normal for us.

but tbh I can’t imagine traveling thru Europe right now. Their buildings/airbnbs don’t have A/C or elevators. They give you a little ass weak fan and expect you to sleep drenched in sweat. 

I only visit Europe during early spring now. Never again during summer. 

Edited by MotoPapi

54 minutes ago, ATWK said:

I literally cackled at this omg but feel so sorry for you guys omga

10 minutes ago, MotoPapi said:

In my country is 82-90f all year long this is normal for us.

but tbh I can’t imagine traveling thru Europe right now. Their buildings/airbnbs don’t have A/C or elevators. They give you a little ass weak fan and expect you to sleep drenched in sweat. 

I only visit Europe during early spring now. Never again during summer. 

Mmm heatwaves actually don’t last that long and if you go to mountainous regions, it’s actually quite cool most of the time with little peaks of heat here and there

37 minutes ago, Outlaws said:

One worker died here 2 days ago as he was working cleaning the streets around 6:00 P.M., he was 60yo and his body temperature was 41 :chick3: so sad.

I don't want to point fingers without knowing any of the intricacies but it seems to me that the manager at the town hall should be held accountable, they should offer street cleaners the option to reschedule their shifts and do them from 6am to 11am and then past 8pm or something like that... 

10 minutes ago, BadMonster said:

do NOT leave your windows open, keep everything SHUT, I-

I looked into this and when it’s cooler outside you should leave windows open so it depends where you live but most UK properties are made to keep heat in.

At least we're finally getting an actual summer :biblionny:

But yeah, it's been extremely hot.

omg I literally can't imagine those temperatures without AC. Bless America and its air conditioning :jonny5:

Damn is it really that bad? :rip: Like California Napa Valley types of bad? 

Edited by Sweet Sexy Savage

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.