Lil Uzi Vert changes pronouns to they/them

mercurialworld

1 hour ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

I’m almost certain Uzi is Bi-Sexual or ‘Fluid’. 

His personality, demeanour and the ‘stories from the streets’ about him are just too apparent. Also, he’s liked pics. of muscular men on IG before - this was in back in 2017/2018 - but then he’s also a known troll. :dies:

Anyway, he’s currently dating JT and is happily in love with her so. 

I love him though. He’s very LGBT friendly and seems comfortable in his femininity which is nice. 

be careful. the pronouns police will get u 

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bussea

• Brando

• mercurialworld

• Communion

5 hours ago, mercurialworld said:

Congrats to Uzi! :chick1:

Congratulations for what?

1 hour ago, Brando said:

Piss off :biblio:

OT: LUV performed at my school. I skipped that SpringFest, but .. Slay :clap3:

56 minutes ago, Nano said:

my exact thoughts in this whole thread :toofunny3:

Uzi has been such a beloved and hyped name in the trap scene for years now, so them coming out as non-binary is genuinely huge for a community that's usually very ignorant. Not to mention they will be releasing a new EP and project soon, so their name and this news will inevitably make plenty of headlines in the coming weeks.

Congratulations to Lil Uzi Vert! :clap3:

6 hours ago, TROPICUM said:

great! the hip-hop community is hyper-homophobic so I'm glad a mainstream rapper is doing things like this :clap3:

Sexuality ≠ gender :toofunny2:

15 minutes ago, Sweet Sexy Savage said:

Sexuality ≠ gender :toofunny2:

I know, don’t be oblivious, pronouns obvia intertwine with the LGBTQ community 

14 minutes ago, TROPICUM said:

I know, don’t be oblivious, pronouns obvia intertwine with the LGBTQ community 

Yes they do, but LGBTQ+ are all forms of non cis-sexualities, while you can still be cisgender conforming and non binary

Pop culture
7 hours ago, TROPICUM said:

great! the hip-hop community is hyper-homophobic so I'm glad a mainstream rapper is doing things like this :clap3:

Calling yourself a they/them has nothing to do with homophobia

7 minutes ago, Sweet Sexy Savage said:

Yes they do, but LGBTQ+ are all forms of non cis-sexualities, while you can still be cisgender conforming and non binary

I didn’t say all of the LGBTQ prefer they/them pronouns, just that in popular culture non-binary is usually correlated to the community. It is a huge step for a mainstream rapper to come out as non-binary, even if most people will correlate that to being a part of the community. 

2 minutes ago, Pop culture said:

For the GP of the audience who consumes this genre it is because obviously they don’t understand/don’t care about the difference between gender and sexuality. That’s why this is so important overall because it will shine light in gender non-conformation and maybe some people will learn from that 

26 minutes ago, Pop culture said:

you're being obtuse. the average hyper-masculine homophobe doesn't care about the distinction and considers everyone in the umbrella a ******. there is overlap in perception.

i wonder if this will change some attitudes in the hip hop community. carti's been hinting at his bisexuality for a while and his fanbase has only gotten stronger and more rabid since then. uzi is an even more mainstream figure. hmm.....

9 hours ago, Thinking Of You said:

If I speak…

4 hours ago, Brando said:

4 hours ago, Nano said:

3 hours ago, Brando said:

my exact thoughts in this whole thread :toofunny3:

and for what reason are you bothered? Do you actually know who Uzi is or did y’all just come in here to be annoying? 

46 minutes ago, Bussea said:

and for what reason are you bothered? Do you actually know who Uzi is or did y’all just come in here to be annoying? 

he had a BNM from P4K, so ye. 

in general came to this thread to see how he looked to determine whether he needed a they/them pronoun (i'm not against the use of neutral pronouns) 

GettyImages-1403629229.jpg 

But genuinely can't see the reason why he may have needed it. So it all seems a bit odd. Perhaps performative like the user above said. So I'm not sure what people are congratulating him for. That makes to u hon? Or u wanna throw some homophobic/transphobic accusations? 

5 minutes ago, Brando said:

he had a BNM from P4K, so ye. 

in general came to this thread to see how he looked to determine whether he needed a they/them pronoun (i'm not against the use of neutral pronouns) 

GettyImages-1403629229.jpg 

But genuinely can't see the reason why he may have needed it. So it all seems a bit odd. Perhaps performative like the user above said. So I'm not sure what people are congratulating him for. That makes to u hon? Or u wanna throw some homophobic/transphobic accusations? 

are you judging whether or not they deserve to be called by their preferred pronouns because of their looks..? im confused 

Edited by cinnamongirI

The ATRL reactions between Lil Uzi Vert and Demi's pronouns change is really different  :skull:

1 minute ago, cinnamongirI said:

are you judging whether or not he deserves to be called by their preferred pronouns because of their looks..? im confused 

i believe certain people genuinely need a gender neutral pronoun and that's absolutely fine and i will absolutely oblige 

but then there are also people who seem to be hopping on the pronoun "trend" and it makes no sense

if you are asking to refer to yourself with a different pronoun then it needs to make sense

cause let's not forget apart from they/them there's also ze/zie, xe/xem, e/ey/em, per/pers and a half a dozen others

you just can't force people to use those just because you declared so.

i don't know why atrl insist on policing stuff like that if everybody doesn't immediately fall in line with those choices. 

i reserve the right to take a critical and realistic approach in this, doesn't mean i'm being disrespectful to the person.

you can feel free to fall in line, but don't force others to

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.