The Idol | All episodes out

Michael196

This episode was disgusting, not sure how much more I can watch. 

The scene where Tedros was threatening the employee in Valentino was making me laugh. Not sure if that was intentional that he came off so flat but that’s par the course for Abel’s acting. 

Also I did not like Moses’s song at all. 

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Leptine

• Breathe On Moi

• fridayteenage

• popularmoonlight

i don’t like the weeknd (but love more than a couple of his songs , tho the ones he’s done for this show sans popular are :skull: ) and can understand the critiques about his acting AND while i don’t personally think he’s attractive at all ….. i think he’s playing the role well. i get it. i think it’s all part of the vision for him to be a rat that is not intimidating but tries really hard to act like he is. i think that one user’s post about how cult leaders are not always visually attractive is sound. maybe the role should have been cast for someone else but i don’t hate the weeknd in it the way y’all do i think it’s fine

15 hours ago, ShouldersSideways said:

I don't agree with censorship in art but the way this entire thing is being presented feels slimy and shallow. There's an interesting premise deep down and Lily is actually great, but something isn't working.

The Weeknd also isn't believable in this role at all and not just because of his looks. He should've just stayed behind the scenes.

there are so many moments (like the dinner table scene) where they could really dive into some of the more interesting and nuanced aspects of the pop machine and how this music is manufactured but i agree they should dig deeper. i still like the show but there’s moments where it could be BRILLIANT instead of just entertaining

I really like the concept of the show and some of the acting is really stellar but I feel like all of the creepy sexual stuff is unnecessary or at least could’ve been alluded to less blatantly. Lily’s character definitely feels like an amalgamation of 4 different pop girls so naturally I’m rooting for her character to succeed and get rid of that creep:biblio:

Do y'all think it is realistic? Like are things that bad irl? This episode was so disturbing.

So far my least fave episode

Tedros is disgusting, I feel unconfortable by watching him, I agree with all of you the erotic parts always ruins the episode & are so unessesary

Destiny is coming for Tedros next episode :duca:

Also Jennie moment is coming (however I prefer Jocelyn comparing both BTS of that video shoot) 

• Like 2

They should have wrote Jocelyn's character smarter or Tedros should've been played by someone hotter and more convincing.

But currently it's not working.

The Weeknd scenes at the Valentino store were legit embarrassing :rip:

The dinner scene was the only good part of this episode but enough to save it.. I wish the show would have been totally crap, it's more frustrating see there was potential good show and that Abel has ruined it.

Y'all so weird in here saying Tedros would've been more convincing if it was played by a more attractive person.

The Weeknd is doing a great job making y'all feel uncomfortable and grossed out which he's supposed to do. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

Y'all so weird in here saying Tedros would've been more convincing if it was played by a more attractive person.

The Weeknd is doing a great job making y'all feel uncomfortable and grossed out which he's supposed to do. 

He's brilliant. A triumph. :clap3:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

It's true

also the attacks about his acting and the writing and what-not

I feel like ppl are overreacting on purpose...none of the criticism moments, even made an impact on me :deadbanana:

was Super shocked when the "big tongue" thing became a talking topic  :skull:

• Like 3

21 hours ago, qurl said:

i don’t like the weeknd (but love more than a couple of his songs , tho the ones he’s done for this show sans popular are :skull: ) and can understand the critiques about his acting AND while i don’t personally think he’s attractive at all ….. i think he’s playing the role well. i get it. i think it’s all part of the vision for him to be a rat that is not intimidating but tries really hard to act like he is. i think that one user’s post about how cult leaders are not always visually attractive is sound. maybe the role should have been cast for someone else but i don’t hate the weeknd in it the way y’all do i think it’s fine

I get the role he’s playing but he just doesn’t have the acting ability to play the part. He should’ve had a smaller role and just focused on doing the music. 

It’s tragic that he did this to start his acting career and likely has ruined it because he’s not going to get any more work off of this. 

6 hours ago, Sonny said:

He being ugly is realistic, most pop girls always date the ugliest men you've ever seen. But The Weeknd can't act i fear

spacer.png

I'm absolutely blown away by how horrible this show is :toofunny3:

Someone said Abel he cant f*** Lily Rose Depp and he made this show

tv viewers: Ep 1 232k

Ep 2 135k

Ep 3 133k

ciara-flop.gif

Beyoncé’s acting feels viola Davis’ in comparison to his on this episode :rainy::rainy:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a male lead act this horribly. The fact that he’s so uneasy on the eyes makes his acting even more unbearable :rip:

Y'all really are hate watching this huh :skull: Abel isn't even that bad and like a few have said, is clearly doing a stellar job in making the viewer uncomfortable and disgusted considering that is who his character is supposed to be :skull: 

LRD is actually managing to squeeze blood out of a stone here, she’s doing really well in her role. Really makes me wish she had better material to work with.

Maybe I have no taste at all, but I enjoy watching this series so much. :rip: 

I remember in the third episode it says that Jocelyn's last song came out on the second album a year and a half ago. She has only released 2 albums in 10 years of her career?

It's interesting, I usually dig into the texture. Jocelyn's song about a sinner is just banal, I don't see how it could be a huge hit, it's so boring and primitive. It's like in the TV series "The Dropout" shown in 2009, where the main character rides in a taxi and listens to Katy's "Firework", which was released in 2010.

The series lacks location changes. It would be better if she gave some kind of disastrous performance at the ceremony and all that.

Edited by Fastlane

HOLY **** THIS ******* SHOW ???

I have no idea how they're ending this show next week. :rip: I'm assuming the big twist is that Joc is more dangerous than she's let on and that she'll kill Tedros or something and take over the cult.

Destiny is the only good part of this show..

Abel is gross to look at.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.