Lady Gaga is now the highest grossing female film composer.

Yelero

And with just ONE (1) film under her belt as a composer :deadbanana4: 

The power of TABS :clap3:

What an absolute LEGEND :jonny5:

Edited by Marry Illusion Glory

Good for her for pursuing a female film composer career. 

200.gif

1 hour ago, Swag said:

Good for her for pursuing a female film composer career. 

200.gif

Is it bad to be a film composer? :rip:

Incorrect. 

Rachel Portman is the #1 female composer. She is at 1.841b from all of her films. The website from which the information is sourced is incorrect and a quick check to Wikipedia of all films she composed for puts her at that number. 

Pinar Toprak holds the #2 spot from what I can tell. She is at 1.355b and composed for Captain Marvel and The Lost City. 

They sourced their info from the-numbers website which didn't list The Lost City gross of 190m in addition to Captain Marvel. If she scores The Marvels as well she will keep the #2 status. 

Edited by mystery

:deadbanana4: A winner.

She is also the first and only woman to ever win a BAFTA for Best Original Music. It's like the saw how male-dominated this part of the industry was and said NO.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47pdlvo32gx0viinlh5p

I'll believe it when I see it. I've learned to never trust those Little Monster Twitter pages because the stats are always inaccurate. 

Edit:

36 minutes ago, mystery said:

Incorrect. 

Rachel Portman is the #1 female composer. She is at 1.841b from all of her films. The website from which the information is sourced is incorrect and a quick check to Wikipedia of all films she composed for puts her at that number. 

Pinar Toprak holds the #2 spot from what I can tell. She is at 1.355b and composed for Captain Marvel and The Lost City. 

They sourced their info from the-numbers website which didn't list The Lost City gross of 190m in addition to Captain Marvel.

If You Say So Shrug GIF

There you have it.

Hopefully she moves up on Forbes this year with this new music and her tour. Her fans need a win right now between their second favorite artist doing so well without a video and OneRepublic eclipsing Gaga's success on the soundtrack.

10 minutes ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

I'll believe it when I see it. I've learned to never trust those Little Monster Twitter pages because the stats are always inaccurate. 

Edit:

If You Say So Shrug GIF

There you have it.

Hopefully she moves up on Forbes this year with this new music and her tour. Her fans need a win right now between their second favorite artist doing so well without a video and OneRepublic eclipsing Gaga's success on the soundtrack.

I think she is fine with her soundtrack Song that charted more weeks than others pop girls film songs (and sell more) + her Summer  STADIUM tour beginning tomorrow 

200.gif

Just now, Mirkomonster said:

I think she is fine with her soundtrack Song that charted more weeks than others pop girls film songs (and sell more) + her Summer  STADIUM tour beginning tomorrow 

200.gif

Is that tour sold out yet?

Pollstar is a very unforgiving publication, and both people you're alluding to above not only have robust non-soundtrack + soundtrack numbers, but have the potential to take the crown as the highest-grossing female touring artists of all time. (~1B and 970M, respectively)

Morgan Freeman Good Luck GIF

1 hour ago, mystery said:

Incorrect. 

They sourced their info from the-numbers website which didn't list The Lost City gross of 190m in addition to Captain Marvel. If she scores The Marvels as well she will keep the #2 status. 

Sad Talk To Me GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Actual Top 10 (correct me if I forgot someone):

1. Rachel Portman - 1.841b 
2. Pinar Toprak - 1.355b
3. Lady Gaga - 1.208b (Top Gun: Maverick)
4. Hildur Guðnadóttir - 1.167b
5. Lisa Gerard - 747.8m
7. Deborah Lurie - 610.2m
7. Nancy Wilson - 576.4m 
8. Anne Dudley - 528.6m
9. Germaine Franco - 521.2m 
10. Shirley Walker - 454.7m 
11. Nami Melumad - 402m (Thor: Love and Thunder)

Edited by mystery

1 hour ago, mystery said:

Incorrect. 

:gaygacat4:

2 hours ago, mystery said:

Incorrect. 

200.gif

yes gaga, yes the highest grossing female film composer

A talent that can actually write and compose

No THIEF Allowed

4 hours ago, mystery said:

Incorrect. 

Little monsters are pathological liars, just like their fave.

200.gif

it’s cringey how excited y’all are to report that the website got the information wrong lmao :rip: 

as if it’s such a huge L that she’s still a $1B+ film composer who made it into the top 3 of all time with just 1 movie on her first try. you really got her! :dies:

OT: the way she left this kind of a mark on the film industry in such a short time is still so wild to me. 4 years ago her film report card literally consisted of 2 cameos in flop movies and that’s it :rip: now she’s the award-winning star of multiple box office smashes, consistently considered the standout performance alongside other acting heavyweights in hit films, and is now one of the highest-grossing film composers ever. her MIND amazes me sometimes :jonny5:

Edited by alejandreaux

49 minutes ago, alejandreaux said:

it’s cringey how excited y’all are to report that the website got the information wrong lmao :rip: 

as if it’s such a huge L that she’s still a $1B+ film composer who made it into the top 3 of all time with just 1 movie on her first try. you really got her! :dies:

OT: the way she left this kind of a mark on the film industry in such a short time is still so wild to me. 4 years ago her film report card literally consisted of 2 cameos in flop movies and that’s it :rip: now she’s the award-winning star of multiple box office hits (including the highest-grossing film starring a musician ever), consistently considered the standout performance alongside other acting heavyweights in hit films, and now one of the highest-grossing film composers ever. her MIND amazes me sometimes :jonny5:

For the first highlighted part lets not act like she didn't make one song that got sampled at a few points through the movie and got credited for everything and pretend like it is equal to the other composers who worked their ass off their entire careers with countless movies in a male dominated industry. 

I would like to see her compose an orchestral soundtrack for a film completely by herself if she is that powerful to do this on her first try, according to you. I don't doubt her talent of course but it is still funny to see it compared. 

Who said anything about excitement? The Twitter accounts and everyone jumped on the news without bothering to double check the information. What is being called out is that it is wrong, that is all. She will still challenge for #2 and that is an amazing achievement anyways. 

Also the second highlighted portion is wrong as well, other films that grossed more than A Star Is Born and starred a musician are:

1.663b - The Lion King (2019) - Beyonce
1.024b - Zootopia - Shakira
865m - The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - Lenny Kravitz 
694m - The Hunger Games - Lenny Kravitz
634m - Sing - Tori Kelly
592m - Tangled - Mandy Moore 

528m - Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation - Selena Gomez
527m - Dunkirk - Harry Styles 
522m - Meet the Fockers - Barbara Streisand 
474m - Hotel Transylvania 2 - Selena Gomez

Can you point me towards the multiple box office hits she starred in? I only seem to recall A Star Is Born. Unless you are considering that 

Machete Kills - 17m gross on a 20m budget 
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For - 39m on a 65m budget 
House of Gucci - 156m on a 75m budget (barely breaking even, if that and failed awards bait) 

are box office "hits"...

:dies:

Edited by mystery

14 minutes ago, mystery said:

For the first highlighted part lets not act like she didn't make one song that got sampled at a few points through the movie and got credited for everything and pretend like it is equal to the other composers who worked their ass off their entire careers with countless movies in a male dominated industry. 

I would like to see her compose an orchestral soundtrack for a film completely by herself if she is that powerful to do this on her first try, according to you. I don't doubt her talent of course but it is still funny to see it compared. 

Who said anything about excitement? The Twitter accounts and everyone jumped on the news without bothering to double check the information. What is being called out is that it is wrong, that is all. She will still challenge for #2 and that is an amazing achievement anyways. 

Also the second highlighted portion is wrong as well, other films that grossed more than A Star Is Born and starred a musician are:

634m - Sing - Tori Kelly

Can you point me towards the multiple box office hits she starred in? I only seem to recall A Star Is Born. Unless you are considering that 

House of Gucci - 156m on a 75m budget (barely breaking even, if that and failed awards bait) 

are box office "hits"...

The effort :bibliahh:

16 minutes ago, mystery said:

634m - Sing - Tori Kelly

are box office "hits"...

Standing Ovation GIF | Gfycat

Edited by GlamSlam

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.