Demi on DWTD Album: “I don’t know who that person was”

TalkThatRihanna

• ATRL Moderator

This makes me a little sad, TAOSO is my favorite Demi album and I really love them all. But at least they said they are proud of some of it

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pink Ranger

• Nico Robin

• Julia Fox

• Freakshowvato

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m not a hater but even I find this annoying, everything about her is a yo-yo. 

The album is pretty bad.

That said, they’re 2/2 so far with this new one and it’s probably going to be their best album to date. We love growth. 

Demi girl…. That was just last year 

Hate when Artist do this :deadbanana2:

1 hour ago, gettsleazy said:

me when my insta post flops

:ahh:

1 hour ago, gettsleazy said:

me when my insta post flops

:dies:

48 minutes ago, Pink Ranger said:

I don’t recall her shading Unbroken as an album from memory minus saying she wasn’t ready because she wasn’t sober despite promoting a sober lifestyle and that was exhausting for her. 

but she didn’t really shade DEMI as a whole just said that her label were wanting “radio hits” 

I remember she saying she wasn’t proud of a lot of song from Unbroken when she was launching the DEMI era because she felt there were a lot of songs that she didn’t identified with because they were too pop and with no pure instruments to then release Demi that have Neon Lights, Firestarter and another songs that now I can’t remember that are even more synthetic and with even less instruments than the ones from Unbroken lol 

Well they better remember ha cause I need another Carefully 

I would be curious if she would think the same if the album were successful 

Well..when u look at it

her images in the 2 eras are pretty different from one another

so I get what she is saying

As long as she isn’t referring to Carefully or TWYDLAM :spin:

I think Demi is judging the entire record based on California Sober and The Art of Starting Over (references drinking as well).  I get why Demi currently is not in love with the album. But DWTDTAOSO is some of their career best work.  The Way You Don't Look At Me, Carefully, Lonely People, Butterfly, Melon Cake, ICU, Dancing with the Devil, The Kind of Lover I Am, so many of these songs are beautiful and truly express Demi's personal life in an unprecedented way. The dreamy California yacht indie pop vibe is such a great sound.

Demi needs to be more confident in their past works and realize they are a true artist who explores new sounds and that's perfectly OK. TMYLM, DWTDTAOSO, and Holy **** are all great albums bc Demi is a great artist who does not stay confined to one sound and able to explore different genres from era to era.

Also it's weird people are mad like LIVID over Demi's perspective as a creator. This is common for many artists to feel like wait actually I am so much more proud of this current album I am working on bc this one truly represents me. It's because we change as people, and obviously the newest project will be more authentic to that moment. We update our sonical preferences and vibes. We experience new things we'd rather talk about. Hence why we move onto a new album and era.

The only other time Demi straight up dissed a previous album was Unbroken. But I guess when Demi isn't fully sober during the era or making of the project, Demi ends up dismissing it as not authentic, which makes sense given Demi's recovery. At least this time it was only a few songs Demi is dissing, not the entire project. 

:coffee:

Demetria gotta realize not being sober is part of one's journey and shouldn't be ashamed of a project that kind of captures the imperfections of those moments and that part of the journey.

We're proud of you Demi for where you're at now though!

Do you think this is a Disney thing? Especially the ones that had a music career along side a show. 
Miley & Hannah being the main culprit. 

RockStarShit101

the album was not that good but i kinda liked some of the songs

15 Minutes was one of the highlights for me and I still like to listen to it 

They want to be Miley so bad :rip: 

I am shocked to learn through this thread that they don’t subscribe to the “California sober” mentality anymore and that they were back in rehab last winter. I either completely forgot this information or never knew of it… though I am happy they are continuing to seek help and exploring different avenues for their recovery. 

While I haven’t liked Demi’s attention seeking antics lately (sorry if this comes off as degrading, just the stuff with Aliens and a lot of their recent interviews have made me a bit sour on their character), I have always stanned Demi and I disagree with everyone here who is critiquing this statement that they reject who they were just a year ago (in only some of those songs, mind you). People change all the time. It doesn’t bother me when Miley says it either (and she’s the queen of rejecting past eras). I feel like I change every few months sometimes. You have new experiences and you learn, and something you loved or did in your past might shock you today.

If they do not like some of the songs they chose to put on that album, that’s totally valid in my opinion. It might not even be the content of the songs, they might also be referring to some of the trend chasing music that was on there (met him last night) or the genres they explored. It’s clear from their early music that Demi loves this pop-rock leaning emo style, and returning to it with this new record probably makes them very happy. I don’t know if I love either of the tracks we’ve gotten so far, but I do love Demi in this genre and I am happy they are trying to find out who they are today and not necessarily subscribing to who they presented as last year or any year prior. 

I see where they're coming from. Besides not being fully sober during the album's production and rollout, many of the songs were created while they were with Max so they inevitably remind Demi of that time, even when they aren't about that person. The album is a masterpiece, but Demi's life has changed a lot over the past 2 years so it's understandable for them to feel detached from it. 

As a former Demi stan I can confirm they have done this for almost every album :rip:

The first few times she did this it made me so excited for the new album because I always thought something like 'yeees, finally this new album coming will be authentic and what she wants it to be'. But after a few times of seeing how even herself disrespects her own work it got tiring to hear the same old narrative over and over again about how 'she's finally herself in this album'. I don't believe her anymore. Still love her anyways, but, whatever :toofunny3:

smoore95GAGA

Every artist in the lead-up to their album: “It’s my most personal project yet, I’m so proud of it.”

Every artist the day after the album drops:

mariah-carey-i-dont-know-her.gif

I love how honest my girl is, and it simply gives her music more variety. I could imagine her quotes making her ODHs even more pressed, however, which is good :oh:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.