Western hypocrisy: countries that deny Armenian genocide, to recognize ?? genocide

Aren

Western hypocrisy at its finest

This annoys me so much. The same goes for other countries with current crises, no one here seems to care for Yemen, Somalia or Afghanistan. 

Jolie's Lips is probably fuming at this, let me go see if she's not banned on twitter again. 

Oh no.   I  guess the west is not perfect.  I guess no one should  ever try to do anything to prevent genocide.   

Both are genocide, the Ukrainian one is ongoing, so shut your mouth

Geopolitics. The West needs Turkey on their side and Armenia is pretty much irrelevant.

You are right the only way to solve this is to ignore all genocide

People will always prioritize the more pressing current issues and their own problems over others'. For example Armenia still supports Russia even though they know Ukraine's struggles first hand because it's more beneficial to them to be on Russia's side during their own conflict with Azerbaijan.

Edited by Illuminati

20 minutes ago, ProudLBS said:

Geopolitics. The West needs Turkey on their side and Armenia is pretty much irrelevant.

This, pretty much.

The reason Ukraine got response that it has is because it’s happening right on Europe’s (Germany’s) doorstep and that it’s being carried out by Putin, one of the most feared leaders in the West. It’s easy to ignore something if it’s hundreds of kilometers away or between two minor powers, let alone something that happened a century ago, especially if it’s politically inconvenient. 

Edited by wastedpotential

Western Countries' politics are flawed? They should shut up and never be heard of again then :relax:

46 minutes ago, RainDreamer said:

Jolie's Lips is probably fuming at this, let me go see if she's not banned on twitter again. 

That user sounds like they would MAGA (make atrl great again). Whats their twitter? Are they Armenian?

Edited by AlanRickman1946

53 minutes ago, byzantium said:

Oh no.   I  guess the west is not perfect.  I guess no one should  ever try to do anything to prevent genocide.   

10 minutes ago, LeMésTragique said:

Western Countries' politics are flawed? They should shut up and never be heard of again then :relax:

This but unironically. 

1 minute ago, Communion said:

This but unironically. 

Exactly what I would expect from someone who actively defends Russia's actions, the Taliban, and genocide. 

1 hour ago, ProudLBS said:

This. I'm Turkish myself but I'm constantly reminded of how no one gives a **** about Armenia and it pisses me off because these people have way too much pride and the ''TURKEY FIRST GREATEST COUNTRY ON EARTH'' mentality to admit what their ancestors have done to the Armenian people. Turkey holds way too much power and influence in West Asia

1 hour ago, Illuminati said:

You are right the only way to solve this is to ignore all genocide

People will always prioritize the more pressing current issues and their own problems over others'. For example Armenia still supports Russia even though they know Ukraine's struggles first hand because it's more beneficial to them to be on Russia's side during their own conflict with Azerbaijan.

Armenia doesn’t condone Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, Armenia’s official position is neutral. Which is actually a pretty big stance, considering Armenia is a geopolitical hostage of Russia.

Quite different from Ukraine, which not only openly supported Azerbaijan’s invasion and aggression against Nagorno-Karabakh, but also supplied said dictatorship with white phosphorus that were used to kill civilians.

What exactly is the point of this thread?

56 minutes ago, byzantium said:

Exactly what I would expect from someone who actively defends Russia's actions, the Taliban, and genocide. 

1 - I don't support any Western country, and that includes Russia

2 - Recognizing a government factually exists is not a form of support 

3 - Seems like we know who the true genocide apologists are based on the OP 

:michael:

Edited by Communion

42 minutes ago, Aren said:

Armenia doesn’t condone Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, Armenia’s official position is neutral. Which is actually a pretty big stance, considering Armenia is a geopolitical hostage of Russia.

Quite different from Ukraine, which not only openly supported Azerbaijan’s invasion and aggression against Nagorno-Karabakh, but also supplied said dictatorship with white phosphorus that were used to kill civilians.

So neutrality to genocide is a "big stance" or is it not? Cause it seems like you apply different rules to western countries to push your narrative.

Not recognizing the Armenian genocide in the constitution =/= DENYING it. Same thing as Armenia's neutral stance on the Russian invasion.

2 hours ago, ProudLBS said:

It's illegal to deny the Armenian genocide in Italy and yet we're one of Turkey's besties. The second part of your post is the only factor in this tbh.

5 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

It's illegal to deny the Armenian genocide in Italy and yet we're one of Turkey's besties. The second part of your post is the only factor in this tbh.

despite the recognition of the genocidal character of the massacre of Armenians in scholarship as well as in civil society, some governments have been reticent to officially acknowledge the killings as genocide because of political concerns about their relations with the Republic of Turkey.[4]

1 hour ago, Communion said:

1 - I don't support any Western country, and that includes Russia

2 - Recognizing a government factually exists is not a form of support 

3 - Seems like we know who the true genocide apologists are based on the OP 

:michael:

1) So you would be willing to admit that Russia has wrongfully invaded Ukraine
2) You were arguing  that an independent  state should use its sovereign powers to support the taliban.  
3) You are being rather hypocritical if you are going to lack of recognition of a genocide as a means to attack a country when you yourself just argued that no country should ever try to prevent genocide.  

2 hours ago, Redstreak said:

What exactly is the point of this thread?

It is trying to condemn countries for recognizing the evil actions Russia is conducting because those same countries are not 100% perfect.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.