Western hypocrisy: countries that deny Armenian genocide, to recognize ?? genocide

Aren

11 minutes ago, byzantium said:

1) So you would be willing to admit that Russia has wrongfully invaded Ukraine
2) You were arguing  that an independent  state should use its sovereign powers to support the taliban.  
3) You are being rather hypocritical if you are going to lack of recognition of a genocide as a means to attack a country when you yourself just argued that no country should ever try to prevent genocide.  

why are you wasting time with that user?

if China started another genocide tomorrow his opinion be somewhere between "nothing happened!" and "well, they deserved it!"

15 minutes ago, ProudLBS said:

why are you wasting time with that user?

if China started another genocide tomorrow his opinion be somewhere between "nothing happened!" and "well, they deserved it!"

Quite honestly, it is a slow day and I find American tankies to be funny.  They see all the issues with blind patriotism and then decide, "I am going to do that...just with a different country"  

I also find it annoying when tankies try to launder progressive language because their use of arguments in bad faith is harmful to the people the language is trying to help.  

Edited by byzantium

when i google armenian genocide all i find is something from 1915.

why is this relevant in 2022?

Edited by Insanity

It's not our fault Armenia is a close ally of Russia. Look in the mirror before accusing others of hypocrisy.

11 hours ago, byzantium said:

1) So you would be willing to admit that Russia has wrongfully invaded Ukraine
2) You were arguing  that an independent  state should use its sovereign powers to support the taliban.  
3) You are being rather hypocritical if you are going to lack of recognition of a genocide as a means to attack a country when you yourself just argued that no country should ever try to prevent genocide.  

I honestly  think you're not even coherent enough to understand what you're trying to argue?

1) Who said otherwise?

2) The Taliban is objectively the operating de-facto government of Afghanistan. Recognizing the fact is not support or opposition. It's like saying you oppose the sun by recognizing the color of the sky is blue. Or like Russians denying a sovereign government its rights because it doesn't like its leadership. You not liking that the Taliban runs Afghanistan doesn't change that reality anymore than Putin not liking Zelenskyy doesn't change that Zelenskyy runs Ukraine.

3) I think your reactionary rage has outed yourself as unserious but to reiterate since the point seemed missed on you - the point was that the West should stop demanding everyone join in their virtue signaling and issues when they themselves clearly don't hold themselves to such moral consistency. "Neutrality is approval!" is apparently what the West will finger-wag at the Global South for continuing *necessary* trade with Russia, while themselves not recognizing the same standards. I mean, someone in here literally said "well Turkey is a key European player so it is what it is". So what's the big deal with India, China, or who have you continuing life-saving trade? Did your country cut-off all trade with America over the last 20 years its been engaged in illegal wars? No? :biblio:

The audacity of a LIBERAL talking about genocides when your politics have killed tens of millions of people based on conspiracy theories all debunked, whether it be WMDs that never existed or babies pulled out of incubators to die until it turned out there was never any damn babies to begin with. :deadbanana4:

"I don't like Tankies!" Screaming cause if you think people are tanks, your supremacist self is a drone. :skull:

Edited by Communion

Blame Turkey. It's geopolitics.

No one in these countries actually denies the Armenian genocide. It's like how everybody in the West supports Taiwan even though our governments don't recognise it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.