• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blackout2006

• trainsskyscrapers

• Genius1111

• Kill Me

For Taylor, it's the opposite.

No grammy for RED, Complete image/sound shift.

No grammy for rep and loser, Complete image/sound shift.

It's Not true. Some know what their image Is and want to keep their Fans interested. Imagine you Change your signature sound because you won a Grammy?

46 minutes ago, PopKills said:

Explain Adele then 

Outliers don’t necessarily break a trend 

2 hours ago, Miss Americana said:

For Taylor, it's the opposite.

No grammy for RED, Complete image/sound shift.

No grammy for rep and loser, Complete image/sound shift.

It's not the opposite. Her going from pop-country to full pop was the definition of "less unique".

Her ditching the pop sound for a more laid back sound she knew the Grammys would love was the definition of "less unique". 

:rip:

52 minutes ago, Alak96 said:

It's true I'm afraid

camila-cabello-grammy-2020-vestido-versa

well Ariana has made the same album 3x ever since winning her first Grammy. her pre-Grammy discography is actually much more diverse.

22 minutes ago, Bang Up said:

It's not the opposite. Her going from pop-country to full pop was the definition of "less unique".

Her ditching the pop sound for a more laid back sound she knew the Grammys would love was the definition of "less unique". 

Your fave is turning into pink and is singing generic AC radio fodder.

Talk about making "unique" music.

:ahh:

Beyoncé won and is changing her style. Will it pay off? ? we shall see 

6 hours ago, Miss Americana said:

Gaga's music is MUCH unique than Taylor's so I don't see the need to even shade her in the defence of Taylor :bibliahh:

Edited by Blackout2006

7 hours ago, Miss Americana said:

52 minutes ago, Kozy said:

dated EDM is the exact opposite of unique, Blackout2006

Delusion :rip: 

1 hour ago, Kozy said:

dated EDM is the exact opposite of unique, Blackout2006

I can very much apply the same logic for 1980s-influenced pop. That dates back to the mid-1990s, Kozy.

Gaga was one of the spearheading artists of the EDM movement that ravaged the early 2010s music scene. I can argue that the monstrous success of TFM was one of the major factors of EDM becoming the genre juggernaut it was at the time. It took a Lorde to finally dissolve that era.

She can go from making "dated" EDM to synth-pop/rock-influenced music to experimental pop to country to ballads to retro dance music. That is what you call unique

Taylor's transformations are much stable but they can be in no vein, as dramatic as Gaga's. Hence, why it is ridiculous to randomly bring up Gaga. 

Edited by Blackout2006

kylie beating those studies omfggg 

Hasn't Beyoncé won a Grammy for every solo album? This study checks out. :coffee2: No two albums sound the same.

Makes sense. That's probably why generic radio fodder artists like P!nk, Kelly, and Avril have less GRAMMYs than a risk-taker like Christina Aguilera.

Artists who switch it up and bring something new or unexpected to the table every time are much more exciting to follow

13 hours ago, Kozy said:

the running to 2009 :rip:

it’s been 13 years since then

I brought up recent examples as well. She hasn't stopped changing her art direction after the end of TFM era. The change from ASIB > Chromatica is definitely her most unique since BTW > ARTPOP

35 minutes ago, Kozy said:

Chromatica and Artpop being unique :bibliahh:

Point out any mainstream pop album that sounded like ARTPOP in 2012-2014 :flower: I am saying that as someone who complete resents ARTPOP and finds it overrated, btw :rip: I wasn't calling Chromatica unique, I was speaking for the direction switch-up from ballads to house/dance music.

1 minute ago, Kozy said:

ARTPOP was literally dated upon release, she was 2 years too late to the EDM trend :rip:

Again, to the EDM trend SHE started :rip: Again, point out a popular pop album from the EDM phase that had songs like MAN!CURE or Donatella. While I consider it noise, it is definitely not something you would hear in your regular go-to 2013-2014 album. 

18 minutes ago, Kozy said:

she didn’t start **** :rip:

DJs were doing noisy drops way before 2013 :rip:

Again, did these DJs have mainstream pop albums? :rip: 

4 minutes ago, Kozy said:

how is that relevant? :rip:

nothing about artpop was remotely unique :rip:

it was just an even worse version of garbage from 2011 like femme fatale/kesha’s stuff/WFL drop/etc :rip:

Please look at what I have been implying in my past posts:

22 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

I can very much apply the same logic for 1980s-influenced pop. That dates back to the mid-1990s, Kozy.

Gaga was one of the spearheading artists of the EDM movement that ravaged the early 2010s music scene. I can argue that the monstrous success of TFM was one of the major factors of EDM becoming the genre juggernaut it was at the time. It took a Lorde to finally dissolve that era.

She can go from making "dated" EDM to synth-pop/rock-influenced music to experimental pop to country to ballads to retro dance music. That is what you call unique

Taylor's transformations are much stable but they can be in no vein, as dramatic as Gaga's. Hence, why it is ridiculous to randomly bring up Gaga. 

1 hour ago, Blackout2006 said:

I brought up recent examples as well. She hasn't stopped changing her art direction after the end of TFM era. The change from ASIB > Chromatica is definitely her most unique since BTW > ARTPOP

50 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Point out any mainstream pop album that sounded like ARTPOP in 2012-2014 :flower: I am saying that as someone who complete resents ARTPOP and finds it overrated, btw :rip: I wasn't calling Chromatica unique, I was speaking for the direction switch-up from ballads to house/dance music.

I have been clearly talking about switching and transforming between genres which Gaga has been doing throughout her career and these are transformations that were much more dramatic and risky than Taylor's. Which is why it is so absurd to compare Taylor's artistic directions to Gaga's :biblio:

15 hours ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

Hasn't Beyoncé won a Grammy for every solo album? This study checks out. :coffee2: No two albums sound the same.

Wait... The Gift, Everything Is Love & HOMECOMING have won Grammys too. :soda:When you switch genres but make projects that still have your stamp on it... I guess you can afford to do whatever your heart desires. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.