That time PCD locked Melody up, she broke free and stole the show...

LesFleur

Iconic

I don’t believe the story she gave in that E interview.

That literally makes no sense. I feel like that’s the safe answer.

8 minutes ago, Power love said:

Yeah no one is believing that little fairytale. Nicole literally started shouting down the mic as soon as Melody came on stage. :toofunny3:

It's obvious there were tensions, who knows what happened backstage at AMAs, but this isn't even the only performance with these kinds of issues. 

The way she was offkey during the whole time she was there :ahh:

16 minutes ago, KaledKalil said:

The way she was offkey during the whole time she was there :ahh:

This is what kills me like you really ran onto the stage like a maniac for THIS?? :bibliahh:

Did she get fired after the performance?

41 minutes ago, Zack said:

Yeah no one is believing that little fairytale. Nicole literally started shouting down the mic as soon as Melody came on stage. :toofunny3:

It's obvious there were tensions, who knows what happened backstage at AMAs, but this isn't even the only performance with these kinds of issues. 

the people behind the group are sick (Larry Rudolph too) so it wouldn’t surprise me 

Nicole’s face:rip: She was livid

Random Xtina’s runs :deadbanana4:

When she sang the whole song

:jonny5::jonny5:

Imagine being a singer and being signed to a successful group, having performances and concerts without letting you actually sing... the definition of frustrating.

2 minutes ago, UThinkUrMovinOnBut said:

Imagine being a singer and being signed to a successful group, having performances and concerts without letting you actually sing... the definition of frustrating.

Is it really so bad? I mean she was still getting paid and it sounds like an easy job. 

2 minutes ago, Sugar-Rush said:

Is it really so bad? I mean she was still getting paid and it sounds like an easy job. 

Yes but Melody clearly wanted to express herself as an artist/singer. Doesn't she still make solo music? It must have been emotionally straining  to be so close to the stage and not being allowed to sing. 

This gay pop stan fan fiction is getting tired. Adult gays need to stop using pop stars for the Barbie playhouse drama they're trying to relive from their childhood when they used to play with dolls.

Melody lost her passport, wasn't able to fly back to the US with other Dolls, couldn't attend the rehearsal and arrived at the awards show last minute. They did their best to accommodate her despite her off key vocals.

3 hours ago, Power love said:

2 hours ago, Zack said:

Tension or not, it's 100% correct. Carmit gave the same exact story in an Instagram reply years ago under one of ger posts. It's very unlikely that they contacted each other years after leaving PCD to make up a story.

2 hours ago, Totami Legend said:

Did she get fired after the performance?

the people behind the group are sick (Larry Rudolph too) so it wouldn’t surprise me 

No, she never got fired. She and Nicole were the last ones to quit the group in 2010.

And no, Larry Rudolph did not create the group. Robin Antin did with the pop group idea coming into fruition thanks to Ron Fair and Jimmy Iovine.

7 minutes ago, Sugar-Rush said:

It was Melody's dream to be a singer.

Legend has it Melody is still not done singing the runs at this very moment

This YouTube comment :bibliahh:

I vaguely remember this.

Re-watch just now had me dying...she really just screamed her ass off and was truly enjoying herself...lol

Nicole looks pissed to my naked eye, but who knows!  

I recently showed this performance to one of my straight friends, and he actually found the whole "Nicole locked Melody in the dressing room" mess funny.  I'd never felt so connected to him :dies: 

2 hours ago, Inverted said:

This gay pop stan fan fiction is getting tired. Adult gays need to stop using pop stars for the Barbie playhouse drama they're trying to relive from their childhood when they used to play with dolls.

Melody lost her passport, wasn't able to fly back to the US with other Dolls, couldn't attend the rehearsal and arrived at the awards show last minute. They did their best to accommodate her despite her off key vocals.

Tension or not, it's 100% correct. Carmit gave the same exact story in an Instagram reply years ago under one of ger posts. It's very unlikely that they contacted each other years after leaving PCD to make up a story.

No, she never got fired. She and Nicole were the last ones to quit the group in 2010.

And no, Larry Rudolph did not create the group. Robin Antin did with the pop group idea coming into fruition thanks to Ron Fair and Jimmy Iovine.

Did he respond to literally everybody  :deadbanana4:…. 

It’s never that serious babe find grass. 

And her vocals were awful omg :bibliahh: so legendary. Even the AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS sounded off-key :rip: 

17 hours ago, Inverted said:

I still think this was the reason the girls never really worked out, it was clear from their very first interviews that Carmit and Melody were hired as singers, meanwhile the contract for Jessica, Ashley and Kimberly was for a job as a back up dancer, basically filler.

by the time their first era was done it was pretty much clear that the label or whoever was in charge never really had the intention to let the girls do anything other than harmonize and add some random adlibs, which is indeed "singing", just not the amount of singing they'd agreed on, and to be fair I do not really blame Nicole, there were clearly people in charge of the girls who centered it around Nicole, hell, even their studio time was limited to hearing the records after Nicole had finished them.

could've been an ego thing, etc. however,  I still don't get the direction of their second album - after Nicole's failed solo career - When I Grow Up is basically led by Nicole, but Melody was given ALL the background vocals, and it was also very successful. the choice of not letting the other girls get their time is what will lead to another failed comeback.

Robin learned her lesson with Girlicious and GRL, but they never took off so...

15 hours ago, Power love said:

Did he respond to literally everybody  :deadbanana4:…. 

It’s never that serious babe find grass. 

I quoted four people. That might be difficult for people limited brain function, but it's pretty easy for people who don't have double digit IQs.

22 minutes ago, Joyride said:

I still think this was the reason the girls never really worked out, it was clear from their very first interviews that Carmit and Melody were hired as singers, meanwhile the contract for Jessica, Ashley and Kimberly was for a job as a back up dancer, basically filler.

by the time their first era was done it was pretty much clear that the label or whoever was in charge never really had the intention to let the girls do anything other than harmonize and add some random adlibs, which is indeed "singing", just not the amount of singing they'd agreed on, and to be fair I do not really blame Nicole, there were clearly people in charge of the girls who centered it around Nicole, hell, even their studio time was limited to hearing the records after Nicole had finished them.

could've been an ego thing, etc. however,  I still don't get the direction of their second album - after Nicole's failed solo career - When I Grow Up is basically led by Nicole, but Melody was given ALL the background vocals, and it was also very successful. the choice of not letting the other girls get their time is what will lead to another failed comeback.

Robin learned her lesson with Girlicious and GRL, but they never took off so...

The Dolls never worked out because the machine/business take priority over the Dolls' own needs and desires. Carmit was actually hired as a dancer originally. She was one of the original Dolls even before Jessica, Ashley and Kim. Melody and Nicole were hired last to be vocalists. Carmit and Melody were under the impression that they'd be actually singing verses and were continuously told it would eventually happen, but it didn't because Interscope tried to be as cost effective as possible. It was easier to give studio time to the actual vocalist while giving dancer salaries and contracts to the others.

As for the direction on their second album, practically all the tracks were Nicole's solo efforts recycled and repackaged under the PCD banner. Melody was added last minute along with Jessica and the others.

Nicole herself produced the live and music video version of "When I Grow Up" which actually has all of them singing:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.