• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blade Runner

• Gui Blackout

• Destiny

• Park Jinyoung

Kendall having nothing but his manic high and delusion and still winning :clap3: go off king

9 hours ago, Gui Blackout said:

Kendall having nothing but his manic high and delusion and still winning :clap3: go off king

he made a **** bed for himself tho because the numbers won't be backed

So much cringe and aggressive sighs during this episode :skull: It was like watching the fall (or implosion) of Roman Empire in real time :deadbanana4:

I feel the three siblings will end up losing everything. 

Karl kinda cooked Ken this episode :mandown:

I still kinda want Ken to have a happy ending tho :lakitu:

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Lil Mxnster said:

I feel the three siblings will end up losing everything. 

Yeah, this seems to be what the plot is building toward. All thanks to Kendall's and Roman's hubris :angry: Tontos.

21 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

Yeah, this seems to be what the plot is building toward. All thanks to Kendall's and Roman's hubris :angry: Tontos.

Honestly wouldn’t mind that. Perhaps Tom asking if Shiv would follow him to a trailer park was foreshadowing. I hope they end up together. I don’t know if that’ll happen. 

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Matthew said:

Honestly wouldn’t mind that. Perhaps Tom asking if Shiv would follow him to a trailer park was foreshadowing. I hope they end up together. I don’t know if that’ll happen. 

Why? :mazen: They have such a toxic relationship. I think they both need fresh starts with new partners they don't resent nnnnn.

Spoiler

And Shiv needs to get that Swedish d from Alexander Skarsgard :WAP:

3 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

Why? :mazen: They have such a toxic relationship. I think they both need fresh starts with new partners they don't resent nnnnn.

Hide contents

And Shiv needs to get that Swedish d from Alexander Skarsgard :WAP:

They are both toxic and superficial but I still think they’re both good people (extremely deep down inside). Idk. Imagine if Shiv gets with Lukas and runs ATN, the Pierce deal falls through, and her brothers are left with nothing :hippo:

• ATRL Moderator
12 minutes ago, Matthew said:

They are both toxic and superficial but I still think they’re both good people (extremely deep down inside). Idk. Imagine if Shiv gets with Lukas and runs ATN, the Pierce deal falls through, and her brothers are left with nothing :hippo:

spacer.png

But also, I get what you mean and agree re: Shiv and maybe Tom. I do think Tom's behavior at ATN reveals a certain moral bankruptcy (like footstooling his employees), but I think they're better than most. That said, I just think there's too much baggage in their relationship. I don't see Shiv ever really moving past his betrayal at the end of S3.

Geez, I wrote a lot this ep, guess it was that fun. Lashings for the kids(wow, how new!) and rare praises too. Idk.

Everytime I see Matsson smile, I feel the indescribable urge to become violent. It's amazing how it hasn't lost it's allure.

But needless to say, Gerri upset Logan because she was moving in a fashion that made things easier for the numpty, I wonder if fashion like that is a sign of betrayal?

Matsson had them peg, they're the Scooby-Doo Brothers, literally embarrassing lies and manipulation. The nerve, they really tried it, I'd be offended if I were shiv and truly, she deserves to be angry about their behavior. I don't think kendall knows what protection is, on account of not even protecting his kids from his drug abuse BUT it's like when your dad saves you from the responsibility of your actions when you're involved in a accident that killed someone. Roman acted like he wasn't already disrespecting their dad by making them stop the grieving process to fly to goddamned Norway, lmao. He BEEN disrespecting that man and you by extension but hey, I guess when you decide to pretend to be good enough to replace daddy, you suddenly want to develop a spine.

I wanna put stock in them, because I love the idea of them coming together as a family in turmoil and rising up from that. I love good, cheesy sht like that but they're too damaged I feel, idk.

Ugh, that competent, scheduled crying. We've all done it, amirite? Yeah...

Ew! Ohmygod, ew! Ew! Ew! Ew! Wtf. I didn't order sloppy frenching with my salad, tf is this restaurant?!

Yikes! Of course director chick is a liberal who thinks she gets Marx, whew, she's basically hilary clinton of directing.

Uh oh, she doesn't seem to get it(like most libs) that rightwing corps will naturally, almost reflexively, ally with and aid nazism. It's literally natural progression. They may not be nazis themselves but they don't need to be, the nazis were small when they took over, it's not a numbers thing, it's an institution thing and it's why nazis were killed for being nazis after the war too because their existence is bad for democracy. If you wanna avoid nazism, don't be in business or support rightwing businesses for financial gain, odd, maybe crazy! But it works, I guess. It's almost like liberalism in an age where nazis are vying for power, makes their job easier for them, just like it did before, huh? god, that pesky history, always repeating itself!

I do feel bad for Joy though because unlike us, the viewers, she doesn't know that Roman is actually responsible for the nazi's ascent with atn and is personally invested in the nazi's success(that good old lovable scamp, roman! Gotta love him!) so you're out of luck trying to vy for better relations for the safety of your workers' future. You know what, maybe you shouldn't be under a rightwing business umbrella as someone who works with lgbt people who are pretty present in creative arts, I know. Crazy stuff. Look at shiv, she's in a photo with the nazi and she's the "good" one!

Roman's right, your values are built on stacking cards, just stop pretending to care beyond the, "this sucks bro" and take the goddamned money. 

Kendall is so metrosexual, it's crazy, he's so homosexually coded and queer. He's like harry styles but for real, no skirt required.  

Shiv and Tom make me feel like I'm watching the class couple for more than a passing glance worth of time. They're...unsettling but not threatening at all, even when they hurt each other. It's kinda depicted well, I guess. 

Uh, why have greg there? Am I supposed to believe he's a valid edge to keep? This isn't tom here, kendall and roman should be able to parse a competent gauntlet without a training wheel. This kinda contradicts their big boy shtick. 

Gerri, the littlest waaaahampire slayer, finally, someone who can tell this insolent sock that he's not his daddy for real. Between him and kendall, they honestly have no humility, their egos are through the roof and unless it's checked, they'll destroy everyone. They see what daddy did but not the reasoning behind why and how to course correct if need be, they're the perfect representation of the average succession fan tbh. 

Again, I'd love a family deal but the boys make it VERY hard to see it working out because of their fragile manhoods that is contingent on being better or competing with a goddamned corpse. 

The nerve of this ignoramus, positions don't determine respect in business, accomplishments do and neither of them have accomplished anything. Literally anything to demand respect from the seniors or even Matsson, really. I have to concure with Gerri, Logan sold for a goddamned reason BUT he also said that everyone suddenly understands your vision when you've accomplished it after the fact, as if it were all so apparent. Do I think roman and kendall can come up with a way forward that is tenable? No, no, I do not and for that reason, I'd rather they sell. Happy to be proven wrong though, it's a tv show.

Sheesh! Tom, what is this, House of the Dragons?! Love is great but oversold. Stability with love is probably the ideal form though but just love or just stability, both leave you wanting. So I guess they have no choice, gotta have both.

Ah, good old good bookey greg. 

Poor Pete, I can't believe I feel bad for people making bank in hell. That's crazy, life sucks for everyone, huh? 

god, what is with these people?! He saw the clouds done in Berlin, guys, like wtf! Can't even do the clouds, bruh.  Kendall is a queen, he's actually just a gay man in a straight man's body.  

To the moon, uh, so much good business. Neil, you have no idea what you're landing on buddy, hehe. Like a great philosopher once said:

is-math-related-to-science-neil-de-grass

Shiv is now the littlefinger of waystar, we all know how that ended for that great man. 

Waystar meets Nascar, I like how not good it is. It perfectly represents them taking over, high risk, pretty dumb and why do we even have it? kind of energy; it's shakespearean.

I support Kendall on this now, it's great and very worth showing, ignore him, Ken. How bad could this be? It's what Madonna would've did. 

Ah, damn! King Kong Karl with an impromptu piledriver and you won't believe this folks but it was a FATAL hit! Can ken recover? Is the man of steel done for?! 

People don't understand kendall's greatness, he's an adherent of the Buddha but he walks out to Public Enemy, do you comprehend the revolutionary greatness before you?! No, you don't, so just sit down, in awe no doubt and marvel at your superior, plebeian! 

Aaaaah! Wtf, is that a ghost?! Does anyone have a line to the Vatican? Anybody?! Hoemygod. 

Well, I'm sold, kendall did that all on his own, with the help of an earnest greg...-ory, the tale of the egg who could. Living+! Wouldn't you like that? 

That matsson guy sure does come off like them but without dad though, people overestimate him because he's tall but he's really a nothingman, just like they are. Big business is a loud hall of empty suits, wearing people. 

It all comes to pass, was Logan a prophet? Yes, yes, he was and just like the prophets, he led men astray. 

The birds chirping around kendall as they pretend to not have expected his usual crash and burn routine, celebrating the eggs before they hatch, always ends well. 

It feels as though bumbling roman has realized the gap between him and kendall; he's just kendall with the screwups. Both creative, forward thinking but also subject to self destruction and impulsive behavior but kendall's is to his benefit.  

Also, kendall had his back on the joy and gerri firing but he couldn't have his with living+. He's not as good to ken as ken is to him in that regard.

Uh, that was a better episode than the last one, probably second best of the season so far, maybe when the show's done I can put it ahead of "dingdong, your daddy's dead," ep. It feels structurally sound, in a way unlike all the others.

Finally caught up with the show, I have watched all four seasons in the last three weeks.

As for the latest events, I absolutely despise Roman, you CANNOT tell Gerri ******* Kellman that she is bad at her job and fire her. Kendall as well, he has become the embodiment of corporate buzz words, he is completely unhinged. I hope they lose everything.

Edited by mystery

44 minutes ago, Almodusa said:

That argument scene :jonny4:

They were SO nasty to one another omg

Everything kinda went downhill after Episode 3. So tired of the whole deal bullsh+t. It's so repetitive. There's gotta be a more exicting way to create conflict than that. 

Still love the characters and the production value tho. 

Gerri vs Roman, Kendall vs Rava, Tom vs Shiv…. :jonny2:

Every alliance is DONE… finally is a everyone for themselves type of situation… its looking great for Kendall right now but something tells me the election will **** the siblings and Waystar, in general

Also when is Shiv telling Tom she’s pregnant? Will they leave it for the finale? I hope not :skull: A baby can’t be Shiv's final big thing 

ok so kendall kinda confirmed a phag? him and nate definitely ******

Actually, great episode lol. Best of the season after the first three. 

Tom and Shiv, what a conversation. I couldn't tell if they improvised part of that fight, but it looked like it. So raw. 

6 hours ago, Blade Runner said:

Everything kinda went downhill after Episode 3. So tired of the whole deal bullsh+t. It's so repetitive. There's gotta be a more exicting way to create conflict than that. 

Hate to be negative cause I realize it's my default state but I agree. As a show that nails so many details about corporate ins and outs, and has more than a lot of good commentary on the world, I can't help but feel a lot of opportunities were missed to explore different perspectives on the business, specifically maybe episodes from a Gerri/Frank/Karl/Karolina POV or someone lower-ranked who actually puts in work or even cross-reference actions from main characters with effects they have on regular people. Remember the scene from S01E01 with the Latino kid playing baseball for $1M? And the final shot of the episode, zooming out from their home... Iconic. This season is too constricted, there's no scope, the deal plot is sooooo tiring, Matsson is an unbearable character. Literally where are Stewy, Rhea and Cyd? All good characters. So many personas I feel won't have a chance to get their stories properly wrapped up. 3 episodes left...

And omg the Tom and Shiv relationship.... they've been milking that narrative dryyyyyy

miss-juicy-come-up-with-something-else.g

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.