Succession | The Final Season | “With Open Eyes”

Destiny

2 hours ago, Sombre said:

why is Shiv drinking alcohol? :deadbanana4:

Yall really expected her to be a responsible mother?

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blade Runner

• Gui Blackout

• Destiny

• Park Jinyoung

so i watched the first ever episode of this show and it was alright, bit strange but intriguing, would y'all say it gets better as it progresses or is it just a meh family drama about this company? it seems to be wildly acclaimed so i'm inclined to continue but i wanna see what the atrl gaise have to say:pancake:

3 hours ago, RideOrDie said:

so i watched the first ever episode of this show and it was alright, bit strange but intriguing, would y'all say it gets better as it progresses or is it just a meh family drama about this company? it seems to be wildly acclaimed so i'm inclined to continue but i wanna see what the atrl gaise have to say:pancake:

gets better from episode 6 onwards

i started watching the show because of the online discourse just like you, and i'm so glad i kept watching beyond the first 5 episodes. the plot will significantly get better with every new episode after the first half of the first season. 

5 hours ago, Gui Blackout said:

Yall really expected her to be a responsible mother?

i mean... to some extent, yes, especially after her meltdown about her mom last season and how she wants to be a better mom if she has kids. 

S1 is pretty good but it was still finding its footing in the beginning, it picks it up towards the finale. But S2 and S3 (and S4 already) are spectacular, it is peak tv. S2 in particular is imo the best season of a show ever.

So definitely keep watching, trust me you won't regret it.

6 hours ago, RideOrDie said:

It definitely goes up! First season is the weakest, imo. But it grows more and more with each episode :keir: Character's development, visual narrative and dark comedy/drama are on point :clap3:

Watch him and Jeremy cancel each other out in the votes :ace: Supporting would've been such an easy win

Roman is way too emotional to be a good CEO, and Kendall is sort of like a balloon, he's ambitious and full of energy but slowly deflates into nothing. I don't like Shiv because she was a c#nt to Tom, but she's the better choice. 

Edit: and this is coming from a Kendall stan 

Edited by Sombre

16 hours ago, Ampersand13 said:

I was thinking this the whole time. A part of me wondered if she was just holding the glass so as to not raise suspicion, but she pretty clearly takes a sip during that one scene I think? 

i dont think so...if you look closely she doesnt. but it could just be actors not eating/drinking like they normally would. 

20 hours ago, Sombre said:

why is Shiv drinking alcohol? :deadbanana4:

She's just pretending. Watch closely. 

She didn't do coke either. 

Edited by Blade Runner

This episode was one of the most GOT-ish of the series :clap3:

It felt like the Lannisters coming to Winterfell; the locations, the dialogues, the relationships... And they even put a grilled suckling pig :clownny:

Despite her flaws, Shiv definitely would be the best successor. Way better than those two man children. Kendall is the worst. 

8 hours ago, Matthew said:

Despite her flaws, Shiv definitely would be the best successor. Way better than those two man children. Kendall is the worst. 

She’s also liberal so who knows she could reform ATN. I loved that she saved Gerri and Karolina’s jobs. Girls get the job done.  #ShivHive :gaylorcat2:

1 hour ago, rivers said:

She’s also liberal so who knows she could reform ATN. I loved that she saved Gerri and Karolina’s jobs. Girls get the job done.  #ShivHive :gaylorcat2:

Didn’t even catch on to that! I remember her talking about Karolina but not Gerri. Karolina truly is the most component and level headed. 

The three of them are totally incompetent. Someone from the outside should be CEO actually. 

Several lashings for kendall-hive, the stans of the it guy's brother and the siblings as a whole.

The "B-roll Brothers?" PLEASE. 

A nazi joke? Shiv is on fire this ep. 

Willa trying to empower her man made me giggle. He's too old to stand up for himself, sis. Sounds odd but he is. 

Could you IMAGINE like genuinely IMAGINE condescending to an olympian candidate about performance? Only logan's people. 

I do NOT like mr. lucas. Like at all. He's very off-putting and clearly devoid of any semblance of a soul. Besides that though, he obviously sees the value in atn unlike the kids and it's effects on influencing america so Logan would obviously say no to any deal that takes it. Shiv wanting to give it away upset me deeply because she's still thinking liberally instead of business-wise BUT maybe she believes in their ability to carve their own lane so much that they can make their own atn, idk. 

I liked the disgusting brothers trying to map a plan to get in on the bought waystar but I fear it is for naught. 

The quad squad?! Did anyone else get shivers when they heard that? Imagine, greg's remarkable skills at the command of the kids, oh what wondrous unveilings await!

I understand they're europeans and stuff but who wakes up and says to themselves, "will france make it?" like who has ever found space in their mind to waste on that country?  

I can't believe Greg wasn't on the list, he's LITERALLY named to be n2 by Logan himself. The question marked man, the unbounded egg, Greg. He reads the goddamned Economist! He's important!  

I LOVED the classic, "speak in english," good ole american adage. That is a Logan classic, nice to see kendall has learned well. 

Ouch! He called them a tribute band. It doesn't get talked about a lot but the racism europe has against America is honestly nauseating. If it was a tribute band, why is his rustic, bowel movement ass trying to buy it? Because he needs an in. Atn is that in and the kids need to remind him of that. He needs them, not the other way around. He's a lazy techy: works small, reap big. 

They didn't defend their father's hard work enough for me, all because they're desperate for the money. 

So Ebba is the shiv of whateverthesht he owns again. Clearly, he thinks little of Siobhan and sees weakness in her he can exploit. Kinda embarrassing that shiv was flattered instead of offended. 

See and this is where I believe delusional kendall fans get sht messed up. He's a power maniac and that's why his dad kept him at bay, he's like unlimitedly toxic. He's dangerous. Anyone but kendall. 

I'd like to believe I'm on the same page as kendall but when he talks I just know it's from a self-serving angle and I don't like that when you play with people's livelihoods. But yes, I don't like what Matsson is going for either.  And no, I don't think Logan would do "whatever the f he wanted" he always went for the best get for the future. The deal was good enough for him without losing atn, selling is the right call, I believe that and I do not believe in the kids keeping waystar, they have a decent plan: pursue it and forge your own path. Stop bootlicking a deadman, trying on daddy's shoes, it's honestly toxic masculinity in motion.  Shiv gets undersold because she never gets to do anything real at waystar, if she did I believe she'd be just as capable as the nitwit 2, i guess kendall is eager to forget his own blunders in and outside waystar. Roman had to become capable via kendall falling out of favor. Shiv never had any processing like they had, so naturally she isn't there yet but I bet this meet will get her there and if she isn't included like she wants to be then they're gonna have a needless enemy. 

Kendall is a junkie. Like a literal junkie. No reform in him. 

Ebba sounds smart. She can assess the threat level and determine how much rope to allow matsson to use. Shiv doesn't care about letting men act a fool. They work(shiv and matt) but for all the wrong reasons. 

I knew it was her because he literally gave me sexual harasser vibes when he was next to her and the whole interaction gave that. Dude is greg but performance issues fixed greg, he's a competent scumbag, worst kind of fella. Atn would fit him well. 

Of course he likes shiv; he's a scumbag and all scumbags like a woman who gets scumbags. Shiv alternates dangerously close to being a scumbag herself but hasn't crossed that line yet. Should she get closer to mr lucas, that changes; she becomes certified scum. I wish she wouldn't liaise with someone like this on her own but her brothers shut her out and idle hands and whatnot.

First of all, deserved(tom flicking her ear.) Yeah, shiv deserved that. Classic white woman abusing a man and screaming when the favor is returned, you can't make this sht up. As I said, she'll be certified scum. 

Him reading them like a book, the "qualified star team!" that succession bros think are totes amazeballs or whatever the stupid faction of the millennial generation says these days is exactly why they need to sell. They think they're where they need to be to run things but they're really not and every succession fan used to understand this until logan died.  A now dead giant once said, "You wanna hear my favorite Shakespeare quote? "Just take the f'g money!" " 

I dislike mr lucas, alotski but he's right. Logan would be turning around in his kilt worn grave if he could see them now. Literally kids going, "business! Business! Business! Suits 'n ties, sir!"  I'm happy with Roman's outburst because he was clearly holding back ever since and he needs him a good cry.

All in all, idk, don't like kendall and Rome being idiots, shiv's cloak and dagger grim reaper wear is unbecoming, still don't like mattson at all.  

god, I miss Logan. 

GERRI would be the biggest gag. 

Tabitha for CEO

Ok, but Shiv's ON FIRE. She finally feels and moves like a competent person. 

What are the writers cooking? Something is gonna happen, FOR SURE. 

Spoiler

Maybe Roman is working behind their backs with Matsson and Shiv is just a puppet playing her usual GirLBosS!! persona , idk. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.