Succession | The Final Season | “With Open Eyes”

Destiny

I’m still kinda scared about the protests scenes we saw at the mid-season trailer… like I’m fearing ATN will rig the election and call Mencken the winner even if Jimenez won and that’ll be the start of the company’s end :redface:

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blade Runner

• Gui Blackout

• Destiny

• Park Jinyoung

If we're gonna be real, Ken deserves the top spot the most. The idea of acquiring GoJo alone tells you that he thinks 3 steps ahead of everyone else, not even the old guard could've thought of that. That type of thinking is what makes a killer.

Is there a site or blog or YT channel that analyses the show scene by scene? I feel like a lot of stuff passes me by. The entire scene with Tom buying Shiv that scorpion present was meaningless to me, but I'm sure it had some weight to it.

• ATRL Moderator

Frank is probably like 70 years old. He's not running the company successfully for very long :skull:

Shiv is such a LOSER, nothing she ever does works. EVER. :bibliahh:

good ep, just thought it would be a lil more explosive. Props to this show tho bc i never know where it's going to go!

Shiv gang in shambles!

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952ifrr7htfgo4kra20ou5

One of my favorite episodes actually. Extremely dark, but necessary. The ugliness of that political side of their lives had to come out once and for all. Probably the most real the show ever got.

Glorious to see Shiv getting exposed like that. I respect Roman more than her in that situation, he's upfront that he doesn't care about anything else but his interests, which is the truth for someone like him. Meanwhile she is trying to act morally superior but is just as selfish and manipulative.

Jeremy was giving a masterclass of subtle acting again. Kendall was fighting for his soul throughout the whole episode. How conflicted he looked standing in the middle, how betrayed he looked after figuring out Shiv's lies, how he sided with Roman but was still remorseful... just brilliant.

Excellent piece. I really felt sick to my stomach after watching all the Roman buffoonery because I've always liked the character.

We been knew they're all evil af, but man...

shiv hive, we lost 

spacer.png

they're all **** people but can shiv catch a break. i know why she can't but :jonnycat:

jesse is INCREDIBLE :jonny:

Shiv :rip:

She has 2 episodes to redeem herself:deadbanana4:

Sarah Snook is just so good at selling that speech pattern that feels so insecure, fake, and childlish. 

Everyone in Succession speaks like a 3 years old learning new words (stuttering and all), but she's the best at it. 

Willa with that "Mm, he's so far-right, but we could be having lunch in Vienna". 

White feminism, liberal hypocrisy, etc etc lol

Edited by Blade Runner

Shiv girl.. How have you not learned from your past mistakes. Shes my fav and all but I kinda love watching her go through it. I'm still rooting for her to go full Cersei on all these men but I'm feeling Kendall will win in the end. Roman was so annoying this episode, reminded me why I hated him in the first place.

All these shocked people saying this ep ruined Roman for them, and I'm like??? :rip: When has he ever not been an evil selfish *******? And he's made very clear since last season that he supports Mencken and doesn't care (or probably likes) that he's far right? 

Yes like all characters on the show he's nuanced, complex and charismatic, but at his core he's always been the allegory of privilege, toxic masculinity, misogyny etc (apart from Logan ofc). This was inevitable.

Edited by Gui Blackout

So can people stop pretending greg isn't a piece of sht now? 

Tom is a cokeheaux.

Greg doesn't realize it but he no longer needs to greg at all, not even for Tom. 

Also ATN is GARBAGE! No Connor coverage?! He's literally the star here!

Connor is too good to say it, but I second Willa, screw Kentucky!

Chickenheaded, white poop giving, airheads! 

Things that matter: touchscreens! Really important, folks! 

Only in america is a lib a communist. Backwater ass nation. 

Ah, figured it was antifa, they burned the state of Milwaukee down, first Portland, then Washington now Milwaukee. Who can stop these monsters?!

Another touchscreen lost?! Is this antifa again? They've evolved, first states now touchscreens. god help us.

Shiv the father killer. Murderer!  

Ha! You've activated her trap card, Thomas! Le preggers! Special Effect: is it yours? Like no, for real. 

Roman is just joking guys, it's always just jokes. Supporting a nazi is just a joke. It's all in good fun. Racism is a joke. Antisemitism is a joke. Misogyny is a joke. Nothing is meaningful. Do you know what group believes nothing is meaningful? Nazis. Roman is a nazi. Pretty simple stuff. Nazis aren't some world ending anomaly, they're people who don't value other people. 

Votes don't matter(another nazi calling card) nor does reality(another nazi calling card.) Roman. Is a. Nazi.

Kendall is truly Logan Roy, an empty man with no ideals, no matter what he says. The b-roll brothers are the worst outcome for America. Shiv is garbage but she's not fascist garbage and that's good enough for now. 

Quick reminder that Hugo is going to jail for insider trading. The people who want exciting presidents like life is a show are criminals largely. 

The last exciting lib was Obama and that led straight into trump.  

Both sides are equal, nothing matters, same outcome from both. Roman. Is a. Nazi. 

Shiv is such a shtlib that she can't combat fascists either, god the left is weak but that's the natural result when libs are the norm here. 

Kendall is useless. Shiv is a wimp and Rome is a monster. It's clear one person is equipped to take this and it's not the weak ones. 

Darwin, this is a hostile takeover. Votes literally don't matter. What matters is our plan/bane.

When your institutions aren't led by people with morals nor does it have people with spines, you get hitler. Simple historical fact. 

"Pending call" my favorite twilight zone ep.

Literally the Darwin award winner. 

Everything I said about Connor was facetious btw. He's a nothing. 

Can someone shoot Kendall? Like put him out of my misery? 

"Connor was running for president?" TRUE! 

Oh, ffs, kendall, please! You had a chance to speak up, this is the last quarter. Sit down, too late for a backbone now, roman won, fair and square and you helped him. Complacency is affirmation.

I hate Kendall so much, it's obscene. 

Omg, shiv, stfu. You've been useless to the point of being irredeemable.  

No, no, no, just no. You're not selling me on this "good guy doing bad things uwu" nonsense. Kendall is not a good guy, a good guy would concoct his own guy and or curry favor with the opposing guy. We know what Kendall didn't do and that was make inroads with Jimenez at all until the deal needed to die and even then, it was election eve, like wtf.  

The writers are embarrassing themselves.

Too late, shiv, kendall. Too goddamned late. This is an embarrassing doggypaddle, just die in the ocean, peacefully. 

"China is coming." Suuuuuuuuuure. Totaaaaaaaaally. Brainrot. Actual, brainrot. China is quite literally at the wall, they're gonna backslide so fast it's gonna be historic.

Shiv has officially failed. Every woman leader in history knew, you have to kill(not necessarily literally) men in positions of power in order to ascend. You do not work with them. You must destroy them to win.  Suffice to say, uh, atn and waystar need to die.

Roman. Is a. Nazi. Anyone saying otherwise is a brazen liar. 

I don't understand how this episode was supposed to be shocking, has hbo ever had a show where the bad thing doesn't happen? Like recently game of thrones did the exact same thing. 

Great episode, best of the season. May all hell break loose.

The episode did a great job of making sure I’d never watch it again. I was feeling so tense about another election that isn’t even real. Watching 3 awful men in a room with Shiv basically putting there finger over her mouth telling her what she has to say means nothing. The entire thing just irritated the hell out of me so it’s a testament to the actors for doing their jobs well but yeah I just hated the feeling it gave me.

As someone who hated Roman since season 1 and Shiv since last season, this episode was GLORIOUS.

Roman is a horrible person through and through, there's nothing that would redeem him. Shiv indirectly exposes herself was just so funny, she *will* always **** up.

Kendall really is the best one out of the three. 

An episode for the books. I was MOVED. I was CRYING. MY core was SHAKING.

Succession is taking off to the stratosphere of The Sopranos.

We just need a VICTORIOUS LANDING.

What a show!

well its over.jpg my fellow shiv hive...

sept of baelor their asses, pinkie!

As a fellow shiv girlie I am absolutely destroyed and floored… they did her SO wrong… the misogyny in the writers room kinda felt stronger this episode but let’s not get into that…

Also yeah Roman has shown his character since THE PILOT :deadbanana4: like promising an immigrant family a million dollars if their son hit a home run and when he didn’t… he ripped the check i  front of this poor kids face :redface: anyone who’s shocked at him coming out in support of a nazi was just not paying attention or got too distracted with his "quirkiness"

Also to all the Shiv haters celebrating let’s remember the creator LOVES and ADORES a sudden and surprising change of power, with Roman on top, Shiv down and 2 episodes left… I’d say wait and see   :mandown: 

Shiv can team up with Gerri and take down Roman with the coque pics… and the waiter story is just there for her to leak and take down Ken :mandown:

On 5/10/2023 at 1:09 AM, TROPICUM said:

I’m still kinda scared about the protests scenes we saw at the mid-season trailer… like I’m fearing ATN will rig the election and call Mencken the winner even if Jimenez won and that’ll be the start of the company’s end :redface:

My mind! 

Edited by TROPICUM

The way Shiv always loses. Somehow she never wins and I can't stand it. :gaycat6:

Roman's smirk during that anchor's rant made me want to punch my tv lmao.

This was the weakest episode of the season, although it is still a solid B+. I enjoyed some cringey shocked scenes but, overall, it was so predictable and obvious from the characters' reactions to Mencken winning the elections. We knew the three siblings were messy but not to this level. They don't care about a sh*t, including Shiv, because they lie to themselves all the f***ing time :skull:

Edited by Lil Mxnster

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.