Top Posters In This Topic

• Blade Runner

• Gui Blackout

• Destiny

• Park Jinyoung

On 5/1/2023 at 1:10 PM, Blade Runner said:

Kieran Culkin is SO hot. 

WEIRD

Roman attacking Connor... I was screaming when Connor stood his ground and listened to Willa. Conheads for the win!

I hate Roman more with every new episode. In all metrics, he's a stupid c#nt that should NEVER be CEO of a company - be it a 10-employee company or 10,000-employee company. Everything he does is a misstep.

The Tom and Shiv scene had me on CHOKEHOLD. :deadbanana2: I ******* gasped at every other line. I can't stop myself from siding with Tom though, he really didn't lie about a single thing. Shiv has always been after what's good for her, no matter who she hurts on the way. As heartbreaking as it might be, she really is not fit to be a mom. She wanted to be everything her mom wasn't, a good mother who values her children more than herself, and from what I can see, Shiv is more like her mom with each passing episode. 

I don't know if she deserves to have a "very very very substantial role" in the company. I don't think she's a good person, but Logan wasn't either so...

Triple posting here, sorry lmao but this show deserves way more discourse on here. Who do y'all want to have a very very very substantial role in the company? Frank and Kendall as a team would be *chef's kiss*.

44 minutes ago, Sombre said:

Triple posting here, sorry lmao but this show deserves way more discourse on here. Who do y'all want to have a very very very substantial role in the company? Frank and Kendall as a team would be *chef's kiss*.

It's a travesty that this show isn't causing more discussion on here when it's literally smashing out GOAT ep after GOAT ep no fail.

I hate to say it but Waystar needs to old guard up....Gerri/Frank/Karl at the top with the kids doing some shadow director busywork prob the most rational way to go forward...Kendall has some creative ideas and I love him but he has way too big an ego to ground them :bird:

Keep Greg FAR away from ANYTHING resembling a substantial role. Vile man.

57 minutes ago, Sombre said:

The Tom and Shiv scene had me on CHOKEHOLD. :deadbanana2: I ******* gasped at every other line. I can't stop myself from siding with Tom though, he really didn't lie about a single thing. Shiv has always been after what's good for her, no matter who she hurts on the way. As heartbreaking as it might be, she really is not fit to be a mom. She wanted to be everything her mom wasn't, a good mother who values her children more than herself, and from what I can see, Shiv is more like her mom with each passing episode. 

I don't know if she deserves to have a "very very very substantial role" in the company. I don't think she's a good person, but Logan wasn't either so...

INSANE and UNHINGED scene. I agree re your take on Shiv BUT I can't really side with Tom on this one...the mother stuff may be true but Tom...didn't need to say it :redface: (esp given he was not 6 months prior gleefully tracking Shiv's menstrual cycle as people have noted). Impossible to feel anything other than desperately sad for them both though...two deeply pathetic people.

I just know next week gonna be a collapse :clap3:

Tom is so disgusting and servile is the perfect word to describe him. Shiv is what the Love Island cast would describe as a “mug”.

Roman is inept and outwardly pathetic. Kendall is inept and pathetic but in a sadder way.

Gerri is the only effective person in this show because Shiv is so thrown by her dad’s death.

This show is impossibly frustrating.

And I love it.

48 minutes ago, AdamL44 said:

It's a travesty that this show isn't causing more discussion on here when it's literally smashing out GOAT ep after GOAT ep no fail.

I wouldn't go that far. :redface: As other have said, the hyper focus on this yawnsome deal is a bit of a drag on the final season.

Barry has been outselling and out-HBO'ing Succession all season (other than episode 3).

The plot twists and the fighting scene in this episode had me like :soda:

Tom couldn't sleep despite being very tired, oops! :sorry:

You hear Sarah Snook and Matthew Macfadyen talking about their characters (accents included!), and you realize once again how brilliant they are. 

They really need to win their respective Emmys. 

11 hours ago, TimeAmpala said:

Hate to be negative cause I realize it's my default state but I agree. As a show that nails so many details about corporate ins and outs, and has more than a lot of good commentary on the world, I can't help but feel a lot of opportunities were missed to explore different perspectives on the business, specifically maybe episodes from a Gerri/Frank/Karl/Karolina POV or someone lower-ranked who actually puts in work or even cross-reference actions from main characters with effects they have on regular people. Remember the scene from S01E01 with the Latino kid playing baseball for $1M? And the final shot of the episode, zooming out from their home... Iconic. This season is too constricted, there's no scope, the deal plot is sooooo tiring, Matsson is an unbearable character. Literally where are Stewy, Rhea and Cyd? All good characters. So many personas I feel won't have a chance to get their stories properly wrapped up. 3 episodes left...

I mean, I still ADORE the show, its extremely complex characters, the whole emotionally destructive power plays, the financial status of this world, and everything about how elites operate, BUT I'm getting tired. We've been running in circles since Season 2 and I truly thought this season was going to be different. 

Yes, you feel an ending coming thanks to these characters being more direct/brutal about their emotions and aspirations, but it's not enough, in my opinion. We know they're incompetent, we know they have a difficult relationship with their parents, we know they don't know how to properly build healthy relationships, and we know they're gonna die being miserable. I wanted this season to be about something else, and instead here we are still talking about this sh+tty deal. 20 episodes later. 

Maybe that's the point and that's how the world of the ultrarich works, but I don't like it that much. 

Still, I'm enjoying the season even if it is frustrating. Maybe the final episode will change how I'm feeling about this. 

Edited by Blade Runner

10 hours ago, TimeAmpala said:

WEIRD

I want him inside of me. 

:jonny5:

Uh, hi, red flag for one Siobhan Roy? Wtf, a scorpion, like. That's as clear as day.

100% with Rava here, when your company supports the nazi candidate, you really shouldn't be offended or upset about your mixed kid getting affected  by it, it's the side effect of nazism, sorry.

So the centrist dumbass is winning in the polls? Better than the nazi winning, that's for sure. Make no mistake, roman roy is a nazi enabler.  Both things were punishable by death when America was a serious country.

None of this matters though, I'm voting for connor and you should too!

Lobbyists aren't actually due process in any democracy but yeah. Regulation is good for terrible businesses, yeah.

Damn, she couldn't even wait till they tasted outside oxygen before calling matsson, bird realness.

These two make sexting even more gross than it is.

Being fired is embarrassing enough but by GREG?! GRRRRREEEEEEEG?! Oh, those poor people.

"Dad's ideological range was wide." No, no kendall, all of those groups are rightwing pieces of sht. Centrism is rightwing inherently. Dems have been rightwing since the 90s and since when have tech leaders been forward thinking? They're the literal architects of crypto heisting.

Wow, poor Con, for the third reich to begin, his dreams must die. First they came for Connor...and I said nothing.

"For the good of the republic" is nazi-speak for, "buy mein kampf."

UN? Connor, you are a nothingman...but then again, so are a couple un officials. Hmm...

Oh, great, a speech to remind us that kendall is the grown man who doesn't realize he's a grown man. The queen of pods? You do know that stuff is for tide pod eaters, right? 

wendy-williams-fall.gif

Matsson?! Who invited him?!

Clearly, shiv had NO IDEA, like WHAT?!

Also, ew, who wears a jacket like that? Gaudy and unbecoming.

Why was greg hovering? Is he the spectre of the evening?

Gary?! Who tf does this guy think he is?! This is GREG! THE GREG...-ory. The gregmeister, the egg who shall not be named. Watch your mouth, viking.

Oh, wow, so Ebba's been neutered, like fully. She has no balls to her now, guess she was milked of her blood.

Oh, sht, pierce guy? He really took a liking to the unsung hero of modern confederate america, huh? Good for connor.

This whole scene is, "let's be racist but without the slurs."

Yeah, no, you can DEFINITELY trust men who think the world can be configured. People that outside of the human mold are definitely honest and are definitely good faith about improving society. Trust him!

Oh, poor Tom, back in the firing line.

The greater good in me is saying yeah, kendall may have a more healthy world with atn in mind but the realistic part of me knows he can't be trusted to follow through, at least not with roman there with him. Many men have sacrificed their daughters on the altar, he's allowed god to lay a hand on his son before.

Oh. My. goooooooooddddddddddddd. She's really trying to be ceo still. Like wtf is wrong with her?!

"I'm not Gil, you're not Logan." Oh, yeah? Big man, not trying to be someone you're not and suffering imposter syndrome! Yeah, you think you're hot sht because you're not showcasing daddy issues?! Nate's a douche.

"Running people over isn't a selling point." Oh, so you too, Willa? You think you're better than everybody else because you don't wanna hang with nazis and ride their coattails in an autocratic nation?!

Greg should sue, that constitutes as assault in a free country. The charges? Slavic slobber in the 9th degree. I'd slap the sht out of that guy, greg is a waste of height.

To say I would not blame ebba for running matsson through is better left unsaid, as my mentor connor would say. I hate dudebros, they're cancerous swine.

See the thing about greg that everyone likes is exactly what I dislike; he's soulless but not like a sociopath in the vein of Logan or matsson, he's soulless in the vein of a pathetic guy who never has to work for anything in his life. The soulessness of an able bodied bum.

I understand ebba is vulnerable right now and maybe out of her zone but surely she should be able to smell the swarmy, armpit stench on kendall and roman, no? Even with a headcold, I could smell them.

Uh, yeah, ebba, the world isn't run by people who can do the stuff, it's run by people who own the people who do the stuff. Comms isn't an intelligence market I guess.

Bsffr. Is she drunk? Or just stupid? Why mention India at all? Is this he writers giving the siblings a get out of jail free card? I can't parse this.

Obviously no one who's worth anything wears a jacket like that though, so.

No, greg, good people don't "do what you gotta do" with the livelihoods of others. That's what bad people, who've convinced themselves they're good to keep up the facade, do.

Matsson isn't wrong, I mean look at waystar, was in multi billion dollar debt but solid as a rock. Finance is meaningless, who cares anyway? The system doesn't, that's for sure.

I must way, shiv's cracked "build another India" toothy-grin made my day. Very much, "I'm gonna yell "geronimo!" off a bridge later."

Good for Gerri, she deserves freedom.

Oh. My. gOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDD. I actually went, "aww" when connor chose his lady, that's so cute(another thing shiv and tom will NEVER have!) Roman the unloved will never understand something like that though. What a loser, that guy.

Kendall Roy, the lgbt ally?! The champion of gay rights?! Only a swede could make that happen.

Last episode, shiv jibbed about the crossing of the antlers show but I guess it was foreshadowing for this; the meeting of the empty men.

"Googoo, gaga, my mommy and daddy are dysfunctional! Hi, I'm unannounced Roy and I'd like to say, f off!" That scene was great to watch, enjoyed it very much, worth the entire buildup, truly. Both of them acted their ass off, nuanced and tempered. Like watching your teacher argue with her live-in boyfriend, ugh, yummy.

Yeah so, let's go, officially everyman for themselves, winner takes all.

Good episode, the ending quarter was where the moneyshot was actually wanted, yummy yummy misogyny for the viewers after getting screwed. Yeah...

I hate greg more and more every episode.

Just started this show and every episode has had be gagged so far. These people are messy, terrible, and manipulative. Yet I’m stanning them all so far. :wanda:
Except for Greg, he can choke. 

20 hours ago, Blade Runner said:

I want him inside of me. 

:jonny5:

The scene when he takes off his shirt after asking everyone else too, and later the scene with the vibrating cellphone awoke something in me. :jonny5:

The way I don’t give a **** about Mattson :redface:  Get him off my screen

• ATRL Moderator
On 5/8/2023 at 2:54 PM, Sombre said:

Frank and Kendall as a team would be *chef's kiss*.

Frank and WHOM???? Are we watching the same show?

4 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

Frank and WHOM???? Are we watching the same show?

Frank and KENDALL. Kendall is right for the job imo, and he's slowly turning into the killer that Logan wanted him to be. Even in his first day as co-CEO, Kendall went behind Roman and Shiv's backs and told Hugo to soft print the "bad Dad stuff".

Who would you like it to be then?

• ATRL Moderator
37 minutes ago, Sombre said:

Frank and KENDALL. Kendall is right for the job imo, and he's slowly turning into the killer that Logan wanted him to be. Even in his first day as co-CEO, Kendall went behind Roman and Shiv's backs and told Hugo to soft print the "bad Dad stuff".

Who would you like it to be then?

Do you think the "killer" mindset is the best for the business? Logan was a "killer" and hid a long history of sexual assault and murder on the cruises :skull: Sure, Kendall might have the most business experience out of them all, but it's heavily implied he would run the company just as unethically as Logan did, and that's not a good thing in my book.

I want Mattson to acquire it and for the siblings to do something completely outside of the business, ideally with Roman and Kendall losing all their money and having to start from scratch (while Shiv prospers all along) :gaycat2:

28 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

Do you think the "killer" mindset is the best for the business? Logan was a "killer" and hid a long history of sexual assault and murder on the cruises :skull: Sure, Kendall might have the most business experience out of them all, but it's heavily implied he would run the company just as unethically as Logan did, and that's not a good thing in my book.

I want Mattson to acquire it and for the siblings to do something completely outside of the business, ideally with Roman and Kendall losing all their money and having to start from scratch (while Shiv prospers all along) :gaycat2:

Kendall does not seem like he'd run the company unethically, and besides, that's why I said him and Frank, so that Frank (which I always believed is the most level-headed) would ground him from time to time. Roman is a shitty person and I hope he loses all his money too.

The only place Shiv will ever prosper is if she goes back to her campaigning job. She has no place at Waystar. She latches onto anyone who gives her just 1% of their attention and is way too desperate for the approval of others. 

Edited by Sombre

Yes, Frank + Kendall. Gerri + Roman. Shiv + Logan. 

Those were the perfect teams to run the company. But, well... 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.