The Little Mermaid (2023) | Makes a BIG streaming splash on Disney+ | 16M views! 🫧🐚

V$.

It's so funny...if Ariel had been some mediocre white actress with a below average singing voice (...Emma Watson as Belle perhaps.. even though I love Emma) people would be eating this up. 

This movie has the racists so triggered, I'm amazed so many people are so open about. As if calling this movie some horrible result of "woke" culture isn't just flat out saying you're racist and proud of it.

Anyway, I understand some concerns about CGI and photorealistic speaking animals (The Lion King was strange for that very reason)... but even so the hate this movie gets seems so overloaded and just rife with subtle racism.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V$.

• Lovett

• Aethereal

• chosensparkles

Thinking Of You
12 minutes ago, V$. said:

Exactly! I only read positive things but they continue in this narrative :skull:

And I love that they comment on EVERYTHING that comes out of the movie! :gaycat2:

The racism is so blatant. It’s as if they want it to fail critically and commercially just so they can prove a point. It’s insane.

Is this what THEY want! :ghostface:

Imagem

Brenda Meeks GIFs | Tenor

Months ago when this image went viral they were criticizing! Now they prefer it. :skull:

18 hours ago, CarCAL22 said:

It's so funny...if Ariel had been some mediocre white actress with a below average singing voice (...Emma Watson as Belle perhaps.. even though I love Emma) people would be eating this up. 

This movie has the racists so triggered, I'm amazed so many people are so open about. As if calling this movie some horrible result of "woke" culture isn't just flat out saying you're racist and proud of it.

Anyway, I understand some concerns about CGI and photorealistic speaking animals (The Lion King was strange for that very reason)... but even so the hate this movie gets seems so overloaded and just rife with subtle racism.

Halle's acting seems to be very moderate though. :rip:

Singing is great, I am gonna give her that credit.

Even Ursula is no where near as energic as the original one.

The backflash is, obviously, 99% produced because of the fact she is not white and redhead, no one is denying that. Disney trash remakes were always taken as "good" no matter what quality they were.

Edited by Aristotle

4 minutes ago, MaoMars said:

When will studios learn that shaming the audience into watching their crap doenst work anymore? :biblio:

Member Title: Talent always wins.

:gaycat5:

Speaking of talent:

Imagem

:heart:

after the fish became a meme it kinda became cute in a way… Im excited for this, Halle literally sounds like goddess hello??

Got my family and I tickets for Thurs night I am so excited! I like what I'm seeing in the trailers.

Love all the new posters. The character posters are fantastic especially Halle's and her rendition of Part of Your World is perfection :jonny5: 

3 hours ago, MaoMars said:

I think her singing is good, but the movie looks crappy :michael:

No, it doesn't. :michael:

Thinking Of You
3 hours ago, MaoMars said:

I think her singing is good, but the movie looks crappy :michael:

Have you seen the film? 

AHH I'm so excited to see this… got tickets for my family and me :duca:

MadonnasBoyfriend
6 minutes ago, Thinking Of You said:

Have you seen the film? 

The film comes out at the end of May sweetie.

Thinking Of You
1 minute ago, MadonnasBoyfriend said:

The film comes out at the end of May sweetie.

I know when it comes out, babygirl.

I just find it funny there’s so many opinions on it from people who haven’t seen it.

Found out they are doing special early screenings that Wednesday so I snatched tickets for that night and will be dragging my entire family. Racists will lose when this ends up becoming the smash hit that it deserves to be :jonny5: 

17 hours ago, V$. said:

Is this what THEY want! :ghostface:

Reveal hidden contents

Imagem

Brenda Meeks GIFs | Tenor

Months ago when this image went viral they were criticizing! Now they prefer it. :skull:

spacer.png

Thinking Of You

Them bringing in more Black talent for the motion of the sea creatures :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.