The Little Mermaid (2023) | Makes a BIG streaming splash on Disney+ | 16M views! 🫧🐚

V$.

5 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

are the rave reviews here with us in the room?

Β 

:rofl:

I literally just saw 10+ posts on here saying and repeating its Disney's best live action to date? Can you read?

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V$.

• Lovett

• Aethereal

• chosensparkles

Sounds like a 60% on RT.Β 

Β 

Hopefully the movie is a huge success. I don't want another mega cultural war over minorities not being a box office draw. Pleas, God.Β :monkey:

Edited by Blade Runner

11 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

are the rave reviews here with us in the room?

Β 

:rofl:

Considering we've just had pages and pages of outright raves, there was absolutely no need for you to come in here and embarrass yourself like this. We get it, you want the film to fail. Sadly for you, the reviews and early box office tracking seem to be showing the direct opposite. Get on board or get out of the way. :heart2:

im so scared for the reviews and performance. i have a feeling it's gonna be luckwarm

PLEAZEEEEE

Β 

The Lion King’ Praised in First Reactions: β€˜It’s Going to Change How We Look at Movies Forever’

Β 

https://www.indiewire.com/features/general/the-lion-king-first-reviews-masterpiece-best-effects-1202156801/

Β 

:swan:

Β 

Β 

you alredy have reactions that just tell plain and simple this movie is mediocre. But as you said...rave reviews.Β 

Edited by vale9001

I’m leaning towards an Aladdin scenario, mid critical reaction, but a big crowd pleaser leading to box office glory.Β 
Β 

Most of these movies (catered towards kids/families) are critic proof anyway. As long as as the general audience loves it (they will), it’ll be big. Β I remember a few weeks ago people were all gloom and doom over Mario’s negative critical reception and it ended up being absolutely massive.

Β 

Halle is getting nothing but praise tho which is what I care about, personally. I knew she would kill it.

31 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

you alredy have reactions that just tell plain and simple this movie is mediocre. But as you said...rave reviews.Β 

So youΒ doΒ believe some of the reactions then? :smile:Β I guess it's just the ones that support your narrative. Shocker.

The way the same users who've been underestimating/hating on this film from the beginning ran in here to move the goalposts yet again.Β :dies:

Β 

First, it would get panned by critics, that failed. Then it would bomb, only for it to be revealed to be tracking to be the biggest Memorial Day weekend everΒ :rofl:

Β 

It's okay to admit you were wrong about predicting the WORST of the worse about this film. To continue downplaying it at every turn atp is just...Β :biblio:

Social media reactions are often difficult to trust. But, hopefully it sounds like it’ll have a Β tomato score.Β :clap3:

The original TLM was my favorite Disney movie. But now that I am grown up I can see that Ariel was a complete idiot. Her father was totally at right for wanting to stop her interactions with humans and the above world especially at age of 16.

Β 

And not only did she sell her voice and leave her family for just a man she barely knew about but also risked the whole ocean.

Β 

In this remake they are changing this though.

12 minutes ago, Aristotle said:

The original TLM was my favorite Disney movie. But now that I am grown up I can see that Ariel was a complete idiot. Her father was totally at right for wanting to stop her interactions with humans and the above world especially at age of 16.

Β 

And not only did she sell her voice and leave her family for just a man she barely knew about but also risked the whole ocean.

Β 

That wasn't the story in the original.Β :rip:

Please re-watch the OG Part Of Your World.

Edited by Schami66

Some users are determined for this movie to fail, I truly wonder whyΒ :nicole2:

34 minutes ago, Aristotle said:

Β 

Β 

Ariel is nothing but a half fish skank who left her family for some common diq. Easily the worst princess.Β 

Β 

Halle is amazing though I am a fan of hers so that's why I will watch the movie.

sounds like the GP will like it while the purists/cynical/film twitter types will hate it

Β 

so basically exactly as expected

38 minutes ago, P.O.P said:

Ariel is nothing but a half fish skank who left her family for some common diq. Easily the worst princess.Β 

Ariel wanted to be a human long before she met Eric. :rip:Β I swear people just completely forget the actual narrative of the film and get swept up in these social media think pieces. :toofunny3:

22 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

Ariel wanted to be a human long before she met Eric. :rip:Β I swear people just completely forget the actual narrative of the film and get swept up in these social media think pieces. :toofunny3:

Exactly.Β 

She does fall in love with the Prince a little too hard over him being basically being a hot human. I wish they invested a little time in him being a good person too. He does risk his life to save his dog but still wanted a little more there to justify her falling so hard.Β 

Yas at the acclaim :jonny5:Β I knew everything would go the right way.Β 

Β 

--

There is no need to include extra scenes to show Ariel's obsession with the above world. She literally has an entire cavern full of human items :skull:Β 

Notice how none of the reviews mentions the movie being dark or dull.

Β 

What I like most about this movie is how it taught people the concept of a promo rollout. And that underwater caves are dark at night.

Thinking Of You

There’s too much acclaim on social media to keep up. But even the very few mixed reviews, they are still praising Halle’s performance to the high heavens.

Β 

In conclusion, she won and racists lost.

Edited by Thinking Of You

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.