The Little Mermaid (2023) | Makes a BIG streaming splash on Disney+ | 16M views! 🫧🐚

V$.

On 4/7/2023 at 3:59 PM, V$. said:

Imagem

Β 

:date3:

Β 

AND ******* SAID IT WAS GONNA GIVE EMOTIONLESS!Β :gaycat2:

:biblio:
Β 

Β 

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V$.

• Lovett

• Aethereal

• chosensparkles

I just love the aesthetic of this film! I also think Jonah looks perfect as Eric. I was apprehensive about him before, but every picture/clip I've seen he's selling it.

the thing im most excited for is the soundtrack :ghostface:

3 hours ago, V$. said:

:heart:

Β 

Β 

She is gorgeous, I don’t understand how one can’t see Ariel in her. Β :jonny6:

The dislike ratio the trailer get on youtube is crazy... This is a mess waiting to happen.. :toofunny2:

1 hour ago, Pinter said:

The dislike ratio the trailer get on youtube is crazy... This is a mess waiting to happen.. :toofunny2:

The basement dwelling racists can shove it. This film is going to smash, regardless of their tears.

4 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

The basement dwelling racists can shove it. This film is going to smash, regardless of their tears.

I heard people at work talking about this the other day saying they will not go see it...Β :katie:

Β 

It's probably gonna do well, but very unlikely to smash, just like with most media that sees huge push back movements like this. A recent example would be the LOTR series on Amazon. Huge backlash and ratio'd teasers/trailers, everyone said it's only 'basement dwelling racists' that are against it and it ended up doing very underwhelming numbers, especially considering the investment that went into that show. The truth is that a big (silent) part of the public is not on board with stuff like this. I'd be surprised if this fared much better.

13 minutes ago, AxelFox said:

I heard people at work talking about this the other day saying they will not go see it...Β :katie:

Β 

It's probably gonna do well, but very unlikely to smash, just like with most media that sees huge push back movements like this. A recent example would be the LOTR series on Amazon. Huge backlash and ratio'd teasers/trailers, everyone said it's only 'basement dwelling racists' that are against it and it ended up doing very underwhelming numbers, especially considering the investment that went into that show. The truth is that a big (silent) part of the public is not on board with stuff like this. I'd be surprised if this fared much better.

I feel pretty confident this will get near $1 billion at the box office. Sorry, but theΒ loudΒ racists are not going to tank it. No matter how hard they want to. :michael:

Tbh, it's hard to predict the numbers, not because of the race swap alone

Β 

There's a lack of star power (like Will Smith, Emma Watson, Angelina Jolie), there's no visual gimmick like TLK ("next level photorealistic animals!") and the live action remake as a concept itself has lost its novelty after more than a decade of them

Β 

On the other hand, the timeless story and classic soundtrack make it critic-proof and guarantee its success, whether it makes half a billion or a billion or whatever is the question :dies:

Incels and chronically online racists were never going to see this movie in the first place. Let them have their tantrum.

I think it's going to be a mega smash with families. Kids are going to love a movie with a mermaid.

Β 

Β 

1 hour ago, Peroxide said:

Incels and chronically online racists were never going to see this movie in the first place. Let them have their tantrum.

even if they are they'll only help make it a success by purchasing the ticket

12 minutes ago, V$. said:

The new scenes:jonny5:

Β 

Oh WOW! All the people complaining about the lack of colour...Β :deadbanana2:Β It looks freaking incredible!

2 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

Oh WOW! All the people complaining about the lack of colour...Β :deadbanana2:Β It looks freaking incredible!

Looks so good sis!Β :jonny4:

I heard people at work talking about this the other day saying they will go see itΒ :smile:.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.