The Little Mermaid (2023) | Makes a BIG streaming splash on Disney+ | 16M views! 🫧🐚

V$.

8 hours ago, vale9001 said:

It looks so bland e uninventive it hurts. Disney has so many money and everything in the last years seems cheapier and cheapier. 

Have to agree with this, do they just not know what a “color” is anymore? Every single scene ohs the same bland darkness :rip: looks like another shot for shot bland remake that’s worse in every way than the original. 

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V$.

• Lovett

• Aethereal

• chosensparkles

7 minutes ago, Dephira said:

Have to agree with this, do they just not know what a “color” is anymore? Every single scene ohs the same bland darkness :rip: looks like another shot for shot bland remake that’s worse in every way than the original. 

U realise the original was dark aswell ? 

I wonder why they didnt do under the sea in this trailer. (I heard disney cut a version with under the sea and this one we got)

10 minutes ago, X~MoviePoP said:

U realise the original was dark aswell ? 

Ah yes... it totally looks almost exactly identical to the animated movie in vividness and amount of colors used :rip: thanks for pointing out my mistake, sis

xb9k78T.png

PDrbwTT.png

XtKZaer.png

CLRlRwE.png

Edited by Dephira

1 minute ago, V$. said:

:gaycat4:

Wuts this guys @, did he do a trailer review 

7 hours ago, Bencharmer said:

A fat woman who lives alone vs an abuser father.... That twist wouldn't surprise me.

I choked :deadbanana4:

Shot by shot comparison. The attention to detail is amazing but they went too realistic with the underwater colors. They should’ve kept it more colorful instead of shrouded in darkness. Just because it’s live action doesn’t mean they should remove the colors which made the original animation more lively, magical, and expressive. It is DISNEY after all! It’s not supposed to be made to look like non-fiction nor grounded in realism. It is fantasy! When people think of Disney, everyone pretty much has the same expectation: fantasy and color. Disney has been missing the mark with their color grading on their live actions. It’s like they’re trying to separate their brand between their animations and live action when they should’ve just made it 1:1 as closely as possible.

I can see very clearly all the details underwater in the animation version, whereas with the live action I have to really squint my eyes because it’s so dark. They should’ve enhanced the colors to make them pop more.

Edited by Buffy

@V$. The poster in the OP is cropped.

Can Twitter STOP cropping them? :biblio:

Full poster:

Spoiler

little-mermaid-ver3-xxlg.jpg

it looks pretty cool, nothing impressive but we'll see.

still not fond of her hair. Too dark. 

27 minutes ago, Broken said:

@V$. The poster in the OP is cropped.

Can Twitter STOP cropping them? :biblio:

Full poster:

Hide contents

little-mermaid-ver3-xxlg.jpg

Twitter is a mess! Thanks sis :heart2:

I agree with whoever said Melissa's look is lacking. She looks like a meh cosplay at Drag Race, that would either land her on the bottom or be save. She should look scarier, more supernatural.

pre-ordered the doll and am eagerly awaiting the ticket pre-order

can’t wait to see this beauty on the big screen :clap3: 

It looks lifeless and I'm missing the "action" element. It just doesn't seem grand if that makes sense.

I'm still in awe of how perfect Halle is for this role. She was born to be this character and from what I've seen so far she's absolutely slaying it so good for her!

18 hours ago, Vin said:

MichaelFassbenderRemindingEveryoneThatGa

Looks good. Halle Bailey is an example of perfect casting. Melissa McCarthy is still... Melissa McCarthy. The visual effects in "transformation scene" belonged in a Disney Channel Original Movie, but STANDING OVATION for Halle Bailey's last extended final note at the end of the trailer. This will be the first Disney live-action film I will see in theaters since "Cinderella" in 2015.

Emma Watson is still trash; a friendly reminder.

GagaCantActSoWeLaugh.jpg

...Vin

Micheal Fassbander is a woman beater... on top of being an utter flop.

It looks cute, not amazing though. None of the live actions movies have done the original justice other than BATB.

I don't think it looks as dark as people are complaining about but I see where the critiques are coming from.

Ursula looks TOO human, there should've been something added to Melissa's face to make her look scarier/less human. I will say that her laugh and voice are ON POINT.

I can't wait for the climax scene, I saw a little tease of it towards the end I'm glad that wasn't shown at all. 

Also this movie had a big challenge CGI wise that other adaptations didn't have to face. From the underwater scenes, to the merfolk tails, to the supernatural villain, to the sea creatures and parters of Ariel, etc.

I mean there's nothing like that in BATB, you have the people at the castle but they are objects which can easily be molded and given "human features" since they don't have features of their own. Same for Aladdin whose "only challenge" was making Will Smith not look awful as a genie, Mulan didn't even have that since they departed as much as they could from the og plus the only thing the og had was Mushu.

So yeah this movie had or has a lot of challenges (apart from the usual online discourse around the race bending and the vitrol that would accompany it), I think they did a good enough job from the trailer, could have been better, but I think what's hurting it more is that Aquaman and specially Avatar tell stories in fairly similar settings and looked much better, yet they came before this.

I will say I don't think they could have done a better job with Sebastian and Flounder, that was just a lose lose situation if we're being honest.

It looks great.

Halle Bailey was perfect casting as Ariel she looks and sounds fantastic :jonny5:

Melissa looks good but want to see a real real good look at her overall. Love the lighting effects on her tentacles that was a great choice.

Jonah looks great as Eric :heart: Looking forward to seeing more of him 

Sebastian, Flounder and Scuttle can look better but I don't hate their looks either it was always going to be a little tough with whatever design they went with. The voice acting is going to make or break them for me. Though love Awkafina I know she'll slay. 

I can't wait for this. It's my favorite Disney movie and I think they're going to do it justice. 

Edited by Gabers05

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.