The Little Mermaid (2023) | Makes a BIG streaming splash on Disney+ | 16M views! 🫧🐚

V$.

the full trailer sold me. i’m praying this is as good as it looks and that they fix the problems with Ariel as a disney princess.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V$.

• Lovett

• Aethereal

• chosensparkles

She sounds amazing. Can’t wait.

it looks great and halle is amazing :jonnycat:

Β 

I still think she would've looked better/stood out even more with bright red hair tho

and I have to get used to Sebastian/Flounder...

Β It looks so bland e uninventive it hurts. Disney has so many money and everything in the last years seems cheapier and cheapier.Β 

Edited by vale9001

Except for Halle as Ariel, i'm not really excited by what i've just seen.Β 

Β 

And please TURN ON THE LIGHTS!!!!

Disney honestly can really start to make everything with just an AI maker. What i see in this trailer is what an AI would create if you write "create a Disney live action of the Little Mermaid". No humans needed at this point.Β 

Edited by vale9001

It's better than what they've shown in the teaser, but I still have to say that it sounds better than it looks unfortunately.

I'm seeing aΒ lotΒ of positive responses online to the trailer, which is so great to see. :duca:

the last note gave me chills... she's going to f me up like Naomi & Mena did and I'm ready for it...Β :smitten:

I am the only one who expect Triton to be the antagonist of the movie and Ursula having some possible redemption?

Β 

Halle clearly said Ariel has a mother like relationship with Ursula in that version.

Β 

Let's be honest, Disney does have agendas.Β  A fat woman who lives alone vs an abuser father.... That twist wouldn't surprise me.

Β 

3 hours ago, qurl said:

the full trailer sold me. i’m praying this is as good as it looks and that they fix the problems with Ariel as a disney princess.

same. her voice really is key to all this. i love singers who sing!!

I wish they didn't copy paste some scenes from the animated movie, sure they are iconic, but look completely goofy and unrealistic on live action imo

This looks STUNNING! My two complaints are Scuttle & Sebastian and their overall designs. Other than that, this is amazing. I'm excited. Been sold since day one. So bring on this film!

disney live action movies are so tired at this point. halle's voice is so beautiful tho

i wonder how they are going to do the end scene where ursula gets huge and fights eric and arielΒ 

My thoughts…

Β 

There are moments in this trailer that looks like they nailed it and some that are so off.

Β 

The start of the trailer with the ship, Eric being rescued by Ariel, taking him to the beach….looks PERFECT. It’s beautiful.

Β 

Ariel’s and Triton’s interaction seemed so off, and they don’t look like they’re under water. The acting seems off too, but I’m gonna give it the benefit of the doubt since this could be due to the scene getting chopped for the trailer.

Β 

McCarthy’s Ursula has the voice/laugh down, however, I do not like her look. It’s too….like, clean. I can’t explain it. The make up is not it. Theres no mystery to her look. Looks like a regular white lady going out for dinner. Maybe when I see her her full look and in action I’ll think otherwise.

Β 

Some of the shots from what I’m assuming is the Under The Sea sequence look so bad, CGI-wise. Especially at the 1:45 mark. That doesn’t look remotely real. I do like the shot at the 1:54 mark when you see all those sea creatures around Ariel (which I’m assuming is the finale of the β€œUnder The Sea” song).

Β 

I don’t know who is the actor that’s playing Prince Eric, but he’s selling it to me. Also, his castle looks perfect, straight out of the animated film.

Β 

Triton not being shirtless bothers me a little bit. Cause visually it doesn’t feel like it’s him.

Β 

The β€œKiss The Girl” shots look almost identical to the animated film. Β 
Β 

Ariel following the ship at night time also looked like the animated film.

Β 

The subtle change in the way Halle hits the last note in the Part Of Your World Reprise is just absolutely beautiful. Pure magic.

Β 

So yeah, they got so much right yet other things are questionable…mainly the CGI.

Β 

With all the money that Disney has is just unacceptable for them to keep ****** up films with bad CGI. They are so cheap when it comes to that.

Β 

I’ll definitely be watching regardless.

11 minutes ago, Itsjustalamb said:

McCarthy’s Ursula has the voice/laugh down, however, I do not like her look. It’s too….like, clean. I can’t explain it. The make up is not it. Theres no mystery to her look. Looks like a regular white lady going out for dinner. Maybe when I see her her full look and in action I’ll think otherwise.

Β 

Β 

I agree, she's giving glamorous drag queen more than she's giving evil sea witch.

• ATRL Moderator

Halle and Melissa serving as we knew they would. I’m not totally sold by the trailer, but I have hope that the end product itself will be a serve. Halle sounds amazing and looks stunningΒ :clap3:

Never actually seen the original so I should probably get on that :redface:

The trailer was incredible, I will be watching this multiple times! the only thing that bugged me was that this recreation was very much lacklustre, it’s one of the most iconic moments in the original and it just didn’t hit the mark sadly.Β 

spacer.png

trailer looks incredible:clap3:

Oh my goodness, that trailer was perfection. I honestly cannot wait to see this!Β 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.