The Little Mermaid (2023) | Makes a BIG streaming splash on Disney+ | 16M views! 🫧🐚

V$.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V$.

• Lovett

• Aethereal

• chosensparkles

14 hours ago, Kamil24 said:

I still wish the tail looked like an actual fish and not like a flower or something.

It's has elements of the tail of a beta fish. It looks more real compared to adapting the cartoon tail as authentically as possible. 

On 1/10/2023 at 6:16 PM, V$. said:

:gaycat4:

I love the art. I wish they did a new 3D animated movie with a black mermaid that looks just like this.

I also wish I could draw this good. 

I don't like any of the remakes. Especially The Lion King. This one looks a little better than The Lion King.

On 1/19/2023 at 8:38 PM, Dr. Alexander said:

It simply wouldn't make sense to brighten her hair. They colored it to mimic the natural hair color.

Otherwise, we all know what the reception would be for a Black girl to have bright red hair on screen...

Why would the reception be bad? Black women have been dyeing their hair red for along time, Rihanna had an entire era with red hair and slayed it, I don’t think there would have been any backlash at all if her hair was brighter red. If anything people will probably complain it isn’t red enough :skull: 

I personally don’t care I’m excited regardless, it’s one of my favourite Disney movies so I can’t wait.

Dr. Alexander
1 hour ago, Pink Ranger said:

Why would the reception be bad? Black women have been dyeing their hair red for along time

I hate to be a think-piece Twitter user, but let me you in on some Black theory.

It’s always been seen as “ghetto” or “low-class” for Black women to have bright colored hair. In fact, them wearing bright colored hair or bright colored wigs actually did come from the lower income class. It is still mostly seen as that in the community and ironically, by everybody else. It’s only “acceptable” when it’s people in the entertainment industry.

Most black women who live normal lives don’t dye their hair bright red. It’s usually an auburn or copper color. Natural-like, such as what we see on Halle. Since this live action is well…live action, it makes sense for them to go with a natural hair color. Not bright red.

14 minutes ago, Dr. Alexander said:

I hate to be a think-piece Twitter user, but let me you in on some Black theory.

It’s always been seen as “ghetto” or “low-class” for Black women to have bright colored hair. In fact, them wearing bright colored hair or bright colored wigs actually did come from the lower income class. It is still mostly seen as that in the community and ironically, by everybody else. It’s only “acceptable” when it’s people in the entertainment industry.

Most black women who live normal lives don’t dye their hair bright red. It’s usually an auburn or copper color. Natural-like, such as what we see on Halle. Since this live action is well…live action, it makes sense for them to go with a natural hair color. Not bright red.

This is irrelevant

Nobody would care if she had dark red hair like Rihanna, Kelly Rowland and Janet did years ago.

It’s a film about a damn mermaid and her hair should be bright red, it’s the one aspect that the vast majority have agreed on and they messed it up. 

fake news

i think any king of video media has to be at least 144p to be qualified as a leak

this is not even potato resolution

FnCzKnWWAAMWzSL?format=jpg&name=small 

31 minutes ago, Eóghan said:

fake news

i think any king of video media has to be at least 144p to be qualified as a leak

this is not even potato resolution

FnCzKnWWAAMWzSL?format=jpg&name=small 

:deadbanana4:

Omg the hair flip.

She sounds amazing.

The cgi on ursula looks off even in this L-word trailer

Waaait this sounds/looks SO good

Melissa being a good Ursula did NOT seem possible until now :jonnycat: 

Part Of Your World (Reprise) sounds so good. Halle in her belting bag :jonny3:

Edited by touchofmyhand

B*TCH! I need to watch this in HQ!! Hopefully they release it today, now that it's leaked! :WAP: Everyone sounds incredible in it. Melissa?!?!?! Gagged. Halle's vocals?!?! SHOOK. I'm so ready!

Gonna wait for the HQ version. Don't wanna spoil it with that potato quality clip

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.