The Little Mermaid (2023) | Makes a BIG streaming splash on Disney+ | 16M views! 🫧🐚

V$.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V$.

• Lovett

• Aethereal

• chosensparkles

• 1 month later...

I really can't wait to see the live action version of my favorite disney princess and movie :heart:

On par with Aladdin :redface:

I never believe screen testing so we'll see. The Cgi and the red hair needs to come through. 

Never doubted Melissa tho. I knew she would slay 

‘Aladdin remake was fantastic so I’m really hyped for this. :foxaylove:

Melissa better snag that BSA Oscar for this then

Giving queen Ursula ha well deserved PRAISE

:-*

MichaelFassbenderRemindingEveryoneThatGa

Am I living in a simulation? "Aladdin" was [expletive] terrible. Not "House of Gucci" terrible or "Beauty and the Beast" terrible, but still, comparing "The Little Mermaid" to "Aladdin" is a bad PR move, especially with the toxic cloud of Will Smith attached to it. 2015's "Cinderella" is Disney's only good live-action Disney princess film and "The Little Mermaid" should be held up to that standard or higher. I also doubt Melissa McCarthy "steals the show" seeing as she is a talentless actress. She's going to act like Melissa McCarthy.

...Vin

There are things the original could've improved upon, mainly some plot holes (like why was Ariel ok with Eric and friends eating fish and crabs) and Ariel's change of motivation (from being curious about the human world to just getting the hot prince) which got the most flak at the time

So this could be like the Cinderella and The Jungle Book remakes whose originals also had a lot to improve upon and they did

Aladdin, BATB, TLK were already seen as 100% perfect so those remakes were bound to disappoint some people

8 hours ago, Vin said:

MichaelFassbenderRemindingEveryoneThatGa

Am I living in a simulation? "Aladdin" was [expletive] terrible. Not "House of Gucci" terrible or "Beauty and the Beast" terrible, but still, comparing "The Little Mermaid" to "Aladdin" is a bad PR move, especially with the toxic cloud of Will Smith attached to it. 2015's "Cinderella" is Disney's only good live-action Disney princess film and "The Little Mermaid" should be held up to that standard or higher. I also doubt Melissa McCarthy "steals the show" seeing as she is a talentless actress. She's going to act like Melissa McCarthy.

...Vin

Aladdin was universally loved and Melissa is funny and talented. Take the L

Damn, this forum is annoying. I can't see any links :weeps: @V$. what did you post?

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.