The Little Mermaid (2023) | Makes a BIG streaming splash on Disney+ | 16M views! 🫧🐚

V$.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V$.

• Lovett

• Aethereal

• chosensparkles

Just as I expected, they ruined part of your world and had her do the Jessie J rather than Jodi Benson version :michael:. The song is supposed to be breathless, intimate, desperate and vulnerable, not a showcase of confidence with riffs and runs every few lines :redface:.

5 hours ago, Mr.Link said:

Has this broken the record of most disliked movie trailer ever? :lmao:

No! You racists lost! :WAP:

49 minutes ago, Cleanromantic said:

Just as I expected, they ruined part of your world and had her do the Jessie J rather than Jodi Benson version :michael:. The song is supposed to be breathless, intimate, desperate and vulnerable, not a showcase of confidence with riffs and runs every few lines :redface:.

:lmao: "Every few lines" being a single word in the entire phrase, beautifully done. Be mad, but be accurate instead of whining incorrectly.

You know i dont usually go to cinemas but i will watch this one cause i want to support halle and **** all the haterzzz :WAP:

Just now, Delirious said:

You know i dont usually go to cinemas but i will watch this one cause i want to support halle and **** all the haterzzz :WAP:

and omg i totally forgot there will be a soundtrack album AHHHHHHHHHHHH :WAP:

15 hours ago, Pop pop123 said:

It’s not giving. It looks so dull. I was hoping it would more colorful and vibrant. And her hair chile….It looks dead lol. It should more colorful (redder), ethereal, dreamy, lively, and floaty and going everywhere. You know it’s in the water.

Something like this
spacer.png

spacer.png
spacer.png

Ma’am it’s dreadlocks. It’s never gonna look like that. 

15 hours ago, Pop pop123 said:

All of these were panned and severed no longevity. You can’t deny they did great for their theatrical run but like there’s no positive noise afterwards only drags on social media.

It’s weird to me how people turned up to see these movies but only to drag it afterwards. It happened time and time again. It’s like they haven’t learned their lessons at all.

Maybe don’t put too much stock into online dragging and the world will make  more sense to you. 

for all the “dragging” he suffered Trump still made presidency 

for all the “dragging” he faced, Wallen still rules bb200 for a year (and counting)

Twitter is a cesspool encased in an echo chamber. 

You’re the second user to come with this “no longevity” bs. 99.99999% of movies don’t even come to a billion gross. Where’s the stats on this longevity you speak of? Pls don’t tell me random scenes going viral for 12hrs on tiktok or Twitter is your measure of longevity, that will just make me laugh. 

Btw guys the 850k dislikes is real. I tested it on my own video using the extension.

675k likes and 17k dislikes it shows

Actual number from my end on Youtube creator studio is 16,693 dislikes.

So many racist folks smh

5 minutes ago, Delirious said:

Btw guys the 850k dislikes is real. I tested it on my own video using the extension.

675k likes and 17k dislikes it shows

Actual number from my end on Youtube creator studio is 16,693 dislikes.

So many racist folks smh

It’s okay. Naysayers are always the quickest and loudest to the fray. They will peter out eventually and genuine reaction will play out in time. 

I just saw the full leaked clip of POYW and i’m genuinely shook. She exceeded all my expectations, dare I say she not only lived up to the original song, but sounded even more stunning than Jodi.

23 minutes ago, Weld_E said:

I just saw the full leaked clip of POYW and i’m genuinely shook. She exceeded all my expectations, dare I say she not only lived up to the original song, but sounded even more stunning than Jodi.

Yeah she truly brought it to a different level !!!!

Overall i'm glad people are changing their mind about Halle as Ariel. To me she always was a perfect cast, i even think she naturally looks like a sea magick creature :alexz3: 

Ofc she doesn't look like 1989 Ariel but guess what folks: that's not an historical or a living person!!!

I'm just sad about the hair that was, to me at least, the key of the character. I truly believe that Ariel's burning hair warmed up the all watery scenes and made her even more noticeable !!!!

Oh my god, the full scene is UNREAL! The amount of people complaining about her hair (the colour/it floating) need to see that clip. They need to release it officially online! Halle sounds and looks freaking phenomenal. I'm so excited for this!

The movie itself already looks like absolute pure smelly ass, but Halle is going to serve by the sounds of it. Sad her talent will be wasted on this turd.

1 hour ago, MrLovett said:

No! You racists lost! :WAP:

:lmao: "Every few lines" being a single word in the entire phrase, beautifully done. Be mad, but be accurate instead of whining incorrectly.

Ready to staaaaaaaamd 

that shore up aboooooooooove 

wish I could beeeeeeeeeeeee

and she's singing in her full voice the entire time.  

Not sure why you're acting as if I'm attacking Halle :toofunny2:, it's the fault of whoever directed her when she was recording, not hers. The song is not supposed to be sung powerfully, that's the whole point: 

34 minutes ago, Pop pop123 said:

It’s CGI. It’s made up hair on a fantasy creature. They have so much creative liberty :rip:. I would have added permanent glowy glitter all over the mother ******* hair. All over her as well tbh. Multicolor scales. Beautiful shimmering. A mermaid is a fantastical creature. They somehow chose the most ugly ******* wig :rip: and sucked all the magic and color out of a mermaid and the movie. It’s giving horror movie :skull:.

My mermaid would have looked something like this 
spacer.png
spacer.png

:WAP:

My mermaid would’ve dropped magical glitter dust everytime she moves and small beautiful little water bubbles everywhere.

Good for you. Go make her then. 

1 hour ago, Cleanromantic said:

Ready to staaaaaaaamd 

that shore up aboooooooooove 

wish I could beeeeeeeeeeeee

and she's singing in her full voice the entire time.  

Not sure why you're acting as if I'm attacking Halle :toofunny2:, it's the fault of whoever directed her when she was recording, not hers. The song is not supposed to be sung powerfully, that's the whole point: 

Only one of those phrases has a run on them, and that would be 'be'. The rest are options up the octave. The song is not "supposed" to be anything. The original version was sung that way, mainly because Jodi Benson doesn't have much of a powerful voice. She has a soft, delicate voice. Which is what they wanted for that specific interpretation of the song. There have been many interpretations of "Part of Your World" that have been sung more powerfully and contextually, it makes complete sense. It's supposed to be the climax of the song, where her yearning is exploding out. Jodi didn't have the range to showcase that, but Halle does.

Additionally, Halle is also mixing the entire song, not singing in "full voice". She's just utilising her chest voice more in her mix register. There is so much intricacy in Halle's vocal performance of the song. You can hear the nuances of the lyrics, which you can't hear as much in Jodi's version.

If you don't like her interpretation, fine. But to whine that she's not singing it 'right' because it's not to your personal taste is embarrassing.

This looks breathtaking, definitely gonna be a multiple viewing at the cinema for me as this has to smashhhh

my only complaint is I wish her hair was a more brighter red but who knows, I may end up loving it as it is when watching it. 

43 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

Only one of those phrases has a run on them, and that would be 'be'. The rest are options up the octave. The song is not "supposed" to be anything. The original version was sung that way, mainly because Jodi Benson doesn't have much of a powerful voice. She has a soft, delicate voice. Which is what they wanted for that specific interpretation of the song. There have been many interpretations of "Part of Your World" that have been sung more powerfully and contextually, it makes complete sense. It's supposed to be the climax of the song, where her yearning is exploding out. Jodi didn't have the range to showcase that, but Halle does.

Additionally, Halle is also mixing the entire song, not singing in "full voice". She's just utilising her chest voice more in her mix register. There is so much intricacy in Halle's vocal performance of the song. You can hear the nuances of the lyrics, which you can't hear as much in Jodi's version.

If you don't like her interpretation, fine. But to whine that she's not singing it 'right' because it's not to your personal taste is embarrassing.

"Jodi Benson doesn't have a powerful voice ":deadbanana4:. You can see the director telling her to tone it down in that video. The song is supposed to be intimate and imperfect:

Benson found the process of recording "Part of Your World" somewhat difficult after Ashman instructed her to approach it as though she was reciting a monologue as opposed to singing a song.[18] Despite being frustrated because she longed "to sing the crap out of it,"[20] she found Ashman telling her exactly how he wanted her to perform his lyrics beneficial to her entire performance.[21] Ashman remained in the recording booth with Benson during the entire recording process, advising her on performing the song with realism and intensity as opposed to belting it and whispering lines to her as she sang them,[21] Menken and Ashman deliberately selected segments from Benson's recording session that "are not perfectly sung" to include in the final version, ranging from unsustained, incorrect notes lacking in vibrato to spoken words, because the songwriters wanted her performance to sound as "real" as possible.[18]

Spanning exactly one octave from C4 to C5,[72]the song's limited vocal range allows Benson to effortlessly transition from her speaking to her singing voice, raising and lowering her volume throughout in a manner that resembles normal speech.[78]

This is not an interpretation of the song, it's a remake, so it has to respect the original. There's also no emotion in Halle's delivery whatsoever.

40 minutes ago, Cleanromantic said:

"Jodi Benson doesn't have a powerful voice ":deadbanana4:. You can see the director telling her to tone it down in that video. The song is supposed to be intimate and imperfect:

Benson found the process of recording "Part of Your World" somewhat difficult after Ashman instructed her to approach it as though she was reciting a monologue as opposed to singing a song.[18] Despite being frustrated because she longed "to sing the crap out of it,"[20] she found Ashman telling her exactly how he wanted her to perform his lyrics beneficial to her entire performance.[21] Ashman remained in the recording booth with Benson during the entire recording process, advising her on performing the song with realism and intensity as opposed to belting it and whispering lines to her as she sang them,[21] Menken and Ashman deliberately selected segments from Benson's recording session that "are not perfectly sung" to include in the final version, ranging from unsustained, incorrect notes lacking in vibrato to spoken words, because the songwriters wanted her performance to sound as "real" as possible.[18]

Spanning exactly one octave from C4 to C5,[72]the song's limited vocal range allows Benson to effortlessly transition from her speaking to her singing voice, raising and lowering her volume throughout in a manner that resembles normal speech.[78]

This is not an interpretation of the song, it's a remake, so it has to respect the original. There's also no emotion in Halle's delivery whatsoever.

Correct, Jodi Benson doesn't have a powerful voice. She never has. She has a head voice heavy mix, so the power that Halle is adding in to the climax Jodi has never been able to muster anyway. But thanks for copy and pasting a Wikipedia paragraph, as if it's supposed to mean something?

A remake, or reinterpretation of something is the same thing. :skull: You have no musical knowledge whatsoever (shocker considering the avi), and if you genuinely thought there was no emotion in Halle's delivery, then you're also delusional.

Sounds like a you problem, because the scene went down sensationally at D23. I guess you'll just have to watch the cartoon instead. :)

2 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

Correct, Jodi Benson doesn't have a powerful voice. She never has. She has a head voice heavy mix, so the power that Halle is adding in to the climax Jodi has never been able to muster anyway. But thanks for copy and pasting a Wikipedia paragraph, as if it's supposed to mean something?

A remake, or reinterpretation of something is the same thing. :skull: You have no musical knowledge whatsoever (shocker considering the avi), and if you genuinely thought there was no emotion in Halle's delivery, then you're also delusional.

Sounds like a you problem, because the scene went down sensationally at D23. I guess you'll just have to watch the cartoon instead. :)

The anger and immaturity:deadbanana4:

The paragraph proves that the creators of the song wanted it to sound intimate, imperfect and vulnerable, something Halle failed to do. 

Just now, Cleanromantic said:

The anger and immaturity:deadbanana4:

The paragraph proves that the creators of the song wanted it to sound intimate, imperfect and vulnerable, something Halle failed to do. 

The paragraph details how they asked Jodi to perform the song for the original movie. Not how they want the song to sound for this version. :skull: The way you've failed to successfully outline a single argument this entire time has been something to behold. :toofunny3: Also, there was no immaturity in acknowledging your clear lack of musical knowledge and apparent delusion. :)

3 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

The paragraph details how they asked Jodi to perform the song for the original movie. Not how they want the song to sound for this version. :skull: The way you've failed to successfully outline a single argument this entire time has been something to behold. :toofunny3: Also, there was no immaturity in acknowledging your clear lack of musical knowledge and apparent delusion. :)

This remake should respect what the creators wanted the song to sound like, this is not a one time performance, it's the official remake. And there you go being aggressive and immature again... 

The movie is gonna be another unnecessary cash grab from Disney anyways :cm:

I really loved Mulan .. the movie was great, so I'm hoping the same with this

Edited by Daniel767

Just now, Cleanromantic said:

This remake should respect what the creators wanted the song to sound like, this is not a one time performance, it's the official remake. And there you go being aggressive and immature again... 

The movie is gonna be another unnecessary cash grab from Disney anyways :cm:

You know Alan Menken is composing this version as well, right? Or are you too busy clutching at straws to do just a base line of research? The creators (Alan being one of them) wanted the song to sound like that in the original. It seems that Alan wants it to be different 30+ years later. Shocker!

There are people complaining that there are parts of the scene that are "shot for shot remake" and now you're complaining that there's something that's not exactly the same. :skull: If you want the original, go and watch it. She's reinterpreting the song in a new way and finally making the climax of the song what it always should've been, in my opinion.

Acknowledging your delusion isn't aggressive or immature, it's necessary. Try a different argument, because it's been back to back failures from you so far.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.