The Little Mermaid (2023) | Makes a BIG streaming splash on Disney+ | 16M views! 🫧🐚

V$.

It’s having decent holds. My little nieces loved it. :clap3:

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V$.

• Lovett

• Aethereal

• chosensparkles

7 hours ago, Imogene said:

It's dong  ok in Poland. In two first  weeks ~ 235k ppl have watched it. 

https://www.sfp.org.pl/box_office?b=601

But apparently, they don't really like what they see. Average score on the most popular movie website is just  4.6/10.

https://www.filmweb.pl/film/Mała+syrenka-2023-836056

A film with an actual score of 4.6/10 most certainly would not have a 6% drop in the 2nd weekend. I think we know what's up here. 

This likely will fail to outgross half of Aladdin total.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

9 hours ago, Imogene said:

It's dong  ok in Poland. In two first  weeks ~ 235k ppl have watched it. 

https://www.sfp.org.pl/box_office?b=601

But apparently, they don't really like what they see. Average score on the most popular movie website is just  4.6/10.

https://www.filmweb.pl/film/Mała+syrenka-2023-836056

imdb actually has the same average, but they filtered out a lot to adjust for the biased 1s

This was lamer than I thought it would be. The underwater visuals were drab and boring, Under the Sea and Kiss the Girl scenes had all magic sucked out of them and were ridiculously underwhelming, Bardem’s Triton was serving stale bread and the scenes with him and Ariel were really strange for some reason. The ending was such an unearned, artificial tearjerk moment, I was mad it pulled like 3 full tears from my eyes when I felt nothing but boredom and annoyance for the entirety of the movie. :redface:

Halle was very warm, charming and likable, Melissa ate. I liked the extended Eric arc/character too, but overall it’s a no from me.

• Thumbs Down 3

In #Japan’s #BoxOffice, after grossing strong 2M on SUN, going up +5.3% from SAT, #TheLittleMermaid achieved a 5.2M 3-day opening weekend locally! That’s the Biggest 3-day weekend for any #Disney release Post-Covid in the market, beating #AvatarTheWayOfWater’s 4.7M.

@MrLovett@V$.@BNF91

• Like 11

13 minutes ago, chosensparkles said:

In #Japan’s #BoxOffice, after grossing strong 2M on SUN, going up +5.3% from SAT, #TheLittleMermaid achieved a 5.2M 3-day opening weekend locally! That’s the Biggest 3-day weekend for any #Disney release Post-Covid in the market, beating #AvatarTheWayOfWater’s 4.7M.

@MrLovett@V$.@BNF91

:jonny5:

8 hours ago, siratakexxx said:

This likely will fail to outgross half of Aladdin total.

Yes it will. :rip: There is no doubt about. Especially now that TLM is outperforming Dumbo in Japan by 2x.

10 minutes ago, chosensparkles said:

@MrLovett@V$.@BNF91

Not to be a party pooper but The Jungle Book did 5.8M in the opening weekend and ended up with $23M total. Japan is all about legs. If it reaches 20M that would be decent given the circumstances in other Asian markets. 

• Thumbs Down 1

So this is flopping or not ? 

9 minutes ago, HANZ94 said:

I think it's ok for a movie that received criticism from day one :bird:

29 minutes ago, chosensparkles said:

@MrLovett@V$.@BNF91

That's ******* crazy wtf holy **** 

1 hour ago, chosensparkles said:

@MrLovett@V$.@BNF91

Oh nice it increased even on the Sunday! That's a solid weekend all things considered. Knew it had to be one of the biggest Disney debuts since COVID as things have changed so much. Anyone expecting anything close to Aladdin numbers here was totally out to lunch. 

Let's see if summer can help this to $30M+. 

Estimates of -45% domestic ($22.7M) and -32% OS ($30M) for weekend 3. More good holds and actuals should rise as usual. 

Estimated $87M since last Sunday brings TLM to $415M total so far. Lots of gas left in the tank here. $500M in 1.5-2 weeks.

This is the point where Aladdin's legs became miraculous. TLM doesn't need to match Aladdin's holds but if it can get close to them then $600-650M is achievable. 

Great, 22M is what I expected and I was tempted to write the post last Tuesday. It's crazy how accurate my predictions have been but it's mostly coincidence. :ahh::ahh::ahh:

Edited by Aristotle

Soo Little Mermaid already above 400 million :clap3: it’s a hit 

• Like 1

this movie absolutely did not deliver at the box office world wide

I saw this yesterday and thought it was great 

Halle was perfect and Melissa killed it. I don’t get the hate for Awkwafina, I thought she and Sebastian were hilarious.

Eric was ok but his song was a mess :toofunny3: Javier was meh. 

Deserves to be doing a lot better but it’s doing ok considering the backlash. 

• Like 1

just saw it today

and it was spectacular

Halle was the biggest highlight, she's def born to be Ariel

Melissa was great

Jonah was a dream, just not a fan of his song

I couldn't care less for Javier

too bad Flounder was heavily reduced but yeah

Sebastian was hilarious

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HANZ94 said:

It's going to lose money at the box office (probably between 50-100 million) ultimately and gross half, or less than half, of the other remakes so yeah

not a complete John Carter level bomb or anything like a certain group of people is trying to paint it as, but Disney doesn't put out these remakes for this kind of lackluster performance

I finally got around to seeing this. Melissa NAILED her role. The movie was good for the most part though I didn't like Eric's solo number and the film dragged on a bit (could have been 30 mins shorter). 

410M WW is not a total flop. It's actually kinda nice, all things considered, and it's not over yet. :gaycat5:

6 hours ago, Roberto said:

410M WW is not a total flop. It's actually kinda nice, all things considered, and it's not over yet. :gaycat5:

People act like it’s already at the end of its run when it will likely reach 600M+ yes it was an overseas underperformance but with the backlash that came for Ariel to be a black mermaid… I think it actually did fine + we’re just in its 3rd week… 

Halle ate and left no crumbs. Her version of Part of Your World was incredible and she really played Ariel perfectly. Everything else kind of mid though. The new songs felt out of place (the Eric one especially), the visuals were bad and the rest of the cast were hit and miss. Overall, a pretty standard Disney remake. Not the best but not the worst. 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.