The Little Mermaid (2023) | Makes a BIG streaming splash on Disney+ | 16M views! 🫧🐚

V$.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V$.

• Lovett

• Aethereal

• chosensparkles

• ATRL Moderator

Cutting the Poor Unfortunates Souls verse is actually criminal. Jail to everyone involved in that decision.

Ursula is a villain. It was misogynistic when she said those lyrics in 1989 too! That's the point! :ace: Now Ariel just seems to change her mind for no reason, whereas in the full version of the song, that verse helps her "understand" her voice isn't necessary to get Eric. A terrible change.

The numbers in China are an absolute disaster, i knew it would flop there and most of Asia due to racism but damn :rip: 

I expect it to struggle in Latin America as well, the numbers in the U.S look good and hopefully it does well in Europe to help the global numbers 

wild uncharted waters is soooo good. the reprise is amazing as expected. halle sounds soo good. 

Lin Manuel Miranda is such a hack compared to the legend Howard Ashman. 

2 hours ago, CaptainMusic said:

The numbers in China are an absolute disaster, i knew it would flop there and most of Asia due to racism but damn :rip: 

I expect it to struggle in Latin America as well, the numbers in the U.S look good and hopefully it does well in Europe to help the global numbers 

I saw the numbers in China and was shocked. They really said forget a black mermaid, forget even a redhead mermaid, we need her blonde and blue eyed like Daryl Hannah in Splash :rip: 

im guessing mildly positive reviews in the mid 60s MC, a la cinderella/mulan/beast

I am perched for this!!!

The OST is a rather short listen, but Halle is undoubtedly the right choice for Ariel.  

On 5/20/2023 at 8:51 PM, CaptainMusic said:

I understand and appreciate Disney trying to be more inclusive but couldn't they be more cautious? Like wait for the TLM results to see how things go before you start putting other black actors/race changing in Peter Pan or Pinocchio. And after TLM trailer came out they would decide to use the money for Wish's CGI animation instead of making a Peter Pan remake.

Peter Pan will lose a lot of money and Wish is stuck with a LQ animation for Disney's standards. TLM might do decent but there is a huge streak-lost to cover up. 

Edited by Aristotle

9 minutes ago, Aristotle said:

I understand and appreciate Disney trying to be more inclusive but couldn't they be more cautious? Like wait for the TLM results to see how things go before you start putting other black actors/race swamping in Piter Pan or Pinocchio. And after TLM trailer came out they would decide to use the money for Wish's CGI animation instead of making a Piter Pan remake.

Piter Pan will lose a lot of money and Wish is stuck with a LQ animation for Disney's standards. TLM might do decent but there is a huge streak-lost to cover up. 

It's Peter Pan, just FYI.

1 hour ago, MrLovett said:

It's Peter Pan, just FYI.

Ok and I did not know "swapping" is slur so I edited both mistakes. 

4 hours ago, V$. said:

:alexz2:

I didn’t know these were already released. So sad because I really wanted to get one. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.