Nicki Minaj - "Super Freaky Girl"

Click Clack

3 minutes ago, Jay T said:

Oh yes mother release that alternate version at 12pm ymr

If she were to drop an extended version would that count towards the originals units?

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Oussama

• Nickimeetsatrl

• HEAVYONIT

• Click Clack

6 minutes ago, Nip Tuck said:

pls onika do not release an alternate save it for next week

Why.....we aren't getting a video...

ipDzRaaIgXPxU.gif

13 minutes ago, Nip Tuck said:

pls onika do not release an alternate save it for next week

she still has the video (if she filmed one) and VMAs

I would secure this week at least

I’m streaming tf out of this using a playlist on Spotify, so for my own sanity and the amount of rigged plays I’m racking up on lastfm, I hope this goes #1 :rip: 

Apple Music UK ??

#7. Super Freaky Girl, @NICKIMINAJ — (+3) *New Peak*

The UK better stan :clap3:

57 minutes ago, Queen. said:

Why.....we aren't getting a video...

ipDzRaaIgXPxU.gif

and if we were getting it next week she would’ve teased it by now. id rather her stay stable next week then debut #1 and drop again

The surprise from a few days ago was supposed to be a version with a 3rd verse but Republic pumped the breaks and told her to hold it for now because they don’t want the main version to fall on streaming charts, as if that actually matters in the grand scheme of things :rip: 

Edited by MalikMinajesty

10 minutes ago, MalikMinajesty said:

The surprise from a few days ago was supposed to be a version with a 3rd verse but Republic pumped the breaks and told her to hold it for now because they don’t want the main version to fall on streaming charts, as if that actually matters in the grand scheme of things :rip: 

I thought this when she first mentioned this third verse and it makes sense. Everyone would sprint to hear that version and the main would lose focus. We also know how weird Billboard is and they can/have/will change the rules at the last damn second, so it’s best to play it very safe this go around.

If I were her I would hold off on it until the week after the VMAs air, so that we have all focus on the original for at least the first three weeks. Also, I would hope this third verse made it’s way into the video so that way we would get a longer visual :fan:

Is it actually a version of the song with a third verse addition? My understanding is that she had a second verse written, but Drake suggested the "Burberry" flow. So this new version would be the OG first verse and the "new" second verse?

Either way, I don't think she's actually dropping it as a full track tonight, she said it was just a teaser. :gaycat3:

Edited by FOCK

22 minutes ago, wish said:

By the way I just noticed that SFG is dark green on Kworb again :ahh: even with that HUGE gap

No fr bc usually when Nicki songs do have dark green updates at #1 it’s close to fallin or at .70 not .40 

5 minutes ago, FOCK said:

Is it actually a version of the song with a third verse addition? My understanding is that she had a second verse written, but Drake suggested the "Burberry" flow. So this new version would be the OG first verse and the "new" second verse?

Either way, I don't think she's actually dropping it as a full track tonight, she said it was just a teaser. :gaycat3:

Wait Drake suggest the “burberry” flow. Bless him then.

the 3rd verse properly the “mommy”lyrics she posted last week

Just now, Maru said:

Nah the mommy version was a joke, she was messing around with the barbz and said on amp that she should do a kidz bop version for fun & would think of some lyrics :rip:  

1 minute ago, Maru said:

Yup, she spilled that it was his suggestion on the recent AMP call. Bless his gay ear for hits. :clap3:

36 minutes ago, MalikMinajesty said:

it does tho if the streams are split it’ll be lower on streaming charts which means less exposure and playlisting

1 hour ago, MalikMinajesty said:

Why can’t they just let Nicki release the alternate version, but only release it on digital services such as iTunes/Amazon? That way the Barbz can purchase the extra copies needed for the #1 debut, while everyone continues to stream the original version of “Super Freaky Girl” because that’s the only version available on streaming....

YES!! Secure that #1 girl :WAP:

37 minutes ago, LookinAssHittas said:

Why can’t they just let Nicki release the alternate version, but only release it on digital services such as iTunes/Amazon? That way the Barbz can purchase the extra copies needed for the #1 debut, while everyone continues to stream the original version of “Super Freaky Girl” because that’s the only version available on streaming....

They could but it will take the chimps at Republic way too long to remember they have that option and we’ll already be in week 2. I assume they’ll drop the alternate version on sales & streaming on Thursday afternoon to get some points in this week and some in the new week. 

Spoiler

It’s crazy how fans know more about streaming and sales than the people who get paid to know this. This is why being independent isn’t as bad as it used to be. Individual artists have way more marketing chops than major labels with huge marketing departments. They just don’t have the pull to get good streaming playlisting and radio adds. :deadbanana4:

Edited by Flare

Yes :jonny6: Let’s hope next update they push it even higher 

Super Freaky Girl — Apple Music Daily:

#3. ?Global (=) *peak 2*
#5. ??United States (=) *peak*
#7. ??United Kingdom (+3) *new peak*
#4. ??Canada (+2) *new peak*  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.