Can I be Covid negative days after being positive?

Hot Volcano

I have a big family wedding to attend on Saturday and I tested positive yesteday :cries:  Felt the first sympthons on Saturday, so basically I'm positive for at least 4 days already. Can I expect to test negative by Saturday?! 

Please, I need a miracle :jonny4:

This is why we will have the pandemic last for at least a decade :sorry:

if it helps, i tested positive on a tuesday. i kept doing tests all week: wednesday and thursday were veeery clear oppositves. on friday, i did a couple and the positive line was clearer each time.

i did three more tests throughout saturday and all of them were negative :michael:

13 minutes ago, lachiqui_klk said:

if it helps, i tested positive on a tuesday. i kept doing tests all week: wednesday and thursday were veeery clear oppositves. on friday, i did a couple and the positive line was clearer each time.

i did three more tests throughout saturday and all of them were negative :michael:

:jonny5:  this is what I wanted to hear! Thank you sis! There is some hope left!

12 minutes ago, ProudLBS said:

do you identify as covid negative?

Yes :jonny4: 

Yes, especially if you are vaxxed and/or have had it before. But don’t get your hopes up.

Edited by getBusy

It's generally acceptable to self-isolate for 5 full days. Test day counts as day 0, so technically you're not safe yet Saturday. Personally I wouldn't go, assuming there's elders present at the family event. It's too risky. 

Advices differ per country, but here it's five days of isolation and if you're at least 24 hours without sympyoms by the end of day five, you're free to go. If you tested positive yesterday, you could get out of isolation on Saturday IF you're free of symtpoms for 24 hours by then. Especially if symptoms actually started earlier. 

In the end all advices just get down to chance, of course: they are there to lower the chance you'll transmit covid, but they're not guarantees. You're not guaranteed to be fully covid-free when you've isolated for five days and are symptom free either, but chances are very very small by then. So if you're gonna go is probably something you and your family should decide on together.

Oh, and idk that for sure, but don't tests stay positive for a while, even when you're covid-free? Cause the antibodies are still in your body? It's never been adviced here to keep testing untill you get back a negative result again. A negative test would give extra confirmation, of course, but I don't think it's necessary?

Edited by pavi

1) are you vaccinated?

2) do you have any symptoms currently?  
3) are the people at the wedding vaccinated?  

If you answered yes, no, yes, then you are probably fine.  I would go.  

1 hour ago, Hot Volcano said:

I have a big family wedding to attend on Saturday and I tested positive yesteday :cries:  Felt the first sympthons on Saturday, so basically I'm positive for at least 4 days already. Can I expect to test negative by Saturday?! 

i mean with how unpredictable it is maybe lol anything is possible just retake test Friday

1 hour ago, Hot Volcano said:

The rule now is 5 days isolation so 

Mon-Friday is 5 days so u should be good 

I tested positive the other week on Monday, and I became negative after 6 days. I finished isolation for 7 days. Some people test negative quickly, while I know some that tested positive for 2 weeks. I guess it depends on your immune system. 

Yes, my mom healed in around 6 days, my friend in 5. Lately it's moving faster. I also have my brother's big wedding on thursday and my other brother's wife and child are both positive :gaycat6: what a mess

1 hour ago, Illuminati said:

This is why we will have the pandemic last for at least a decade :sorry:

:skull:

2 hours ago, byzantium said:

1) are you vaccinated?

2) do you have any symptoms currently?  
3) are the people at the wedding vaccinated?  

If you answered yes, no, yes, then you are probably fine.  I would go.  

1) YES

2) curretly only coughing
3) it's a massive wedding, most of my close family, who I care about are 

2 hours ago, TheDreamer said:

I tested positive the other week on Monday, and I became negative after 6 days. I finished isolation for 7 days. Some people test negative quickly, while I know some that tested positive for 2 weeks. I guess it depends on your immune system. 

2 hours ago, ariananext said:

Yes, my mom healed in around 6 days, my friend in 5. Lately it's moving faster. I also have my brother's big wedding on thursday and my other brother's wife and child are both positive :gaycat6: what a mess

Thanks for giving me hope :heart2:

3 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

1) YES

2) curretly only coughing
3) it's a massive wedding, most of my close family, who I care about are 

Great.  Since it is Tuesday, if your symptoms fully go away in the next couple of days, you should be fine.  The risk of a vaccinated person with no symptoms passing the virus to a vaccinated person is incredibly small.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.