Predominantly white crowd sings the N-word at Roddy Ricch concert; Twitter dragging

State of Grace.

7 minutes ago, frenchyisback said:

Sure! I got stabbed just so I could use it as a White supremacist talking point :clap3:

And yet you did.

Ok, a Black guy stabbed you

You're associating that with a larger problem hence why you used it replying to my post yet still missed why that is

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frenchyisback

• Armani?

• Apolonio ₃₄

• Hurem

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Realistically, the only way to prevent this from happening would be stopping using slurs in songs. It sucks, but it is what it is

18 minutes ago, satellites.™ said:

Also, flip this convo around with a gay slur and KEEP ALL THE SAME COMMENTS from this thread.

Thats what happens on other forums.

Its a cute little cycle and the reason there will never be common ground. Its kinda fun to see this thread here and then on LSA and the VAST difference in reactions.

If people are singing along that’s different. To me it’s more about the artist singing rather than the crowd reacting

Thinking Of You
2 hours ago, frenchyisback said:

Calling people dumb won’t make your theories make any more sense.

We’re all operating simultaneously  within multiple systems.

Black people control the DC city system. It has been on lock for decades and us, black people, run it from dog catcher to mayor and every position in between.

Now please tell me how in DC city politics the systemic racism is not against white people career prospects?

Are you complaining about Black people having power in important roles for once? You’re serious? You’re joking, right?

The system isn’t discriminatory against white people and their careers. It’s clearly because Black people who are well overqualified are getting what they deserve rather than white people being mediocre in their field and then being promoted and hired for no other reason than just being white. The latter has been the case for years and years. What’s not clicking?

8 hours ago, Vin said:

I physically cringed. I will never forget (or forgive her for) this. 2012 was literally a diff time. and her faux embarrassment at the beginning... its giving Halsey singing in the mall teas :skull:

OT: I personally don't feel that white people should ever use the word. even using it in movies depicting history, it still is in very poor taste and should be reserved for movies that actually advance the black community. also, its not that hard for the ppl in this crowd to just not say that part :toofunny3: no one has any self discipline these days. I feel like maybe artists should say like a disclaimer to their audiences at the beginning of a performance, so the white people know its not going to be tolerated and don't feel comfortable saying it 

1 hour ago, Phantom said:

:biblio:

Mods, please

For calling DC chocolate city? :rip:

For decades Washington, D.C., was known affectionately as "Chocolate City" to many black Americans, because it was predominantly African-American.

Most big U.S. cities are getting browner as more blacks, Hispanics and Asians move in. Washington, by contrast, fell to just 53 percent black in 2009, down from a peak of 71 percent in 1970. 

https://www.npr.org/2011/02/15/133754531/d-c-long-chocolate-city-becoming-more-vanilla

Edited by frenchyisback

Cancel them!!111

4 hours ago, Wicked said:

If you're ignorant you can just say that. Everything that Black Americans do has been pillaged from us and repacked, resold across the world without our permission or compensation, the world has been obsessed and fetishized Black people from the beginning of time, it's starting to happen more often with our Jamaican & Nigerian fam too. I'm not sure how talent and artistry negates the fact that people fetishize Black Americans. If you're not Black I don't wanna to hear it tho. 

That is the farthest thing from true :skull: 

:cm:  not one lie in your posts.

It’s really not hard to not say the word :skull: these same people definitely say it in the comfort of their own homes and away from other ears.

Also, this really isn’t the same as Kendrick Lamar. Roddy Ricch is using a slur reclaimed by his community. Last I checked, *** isn’t Kendrick Lamar’s slur to reclaim, so he and the non-gay people in the audience shouldn’t be using it :skull: 

36 minutes ago, Thinking Of You said:

Are you complaining about Black people having power in important roles for once? You’re serious? You’re joking, right?

The system isn’t discriminatory against white people and their careers. It’s clearly because Black people who are well overqualified are getting what they deserve rather than white people being mediocre in their field and then being promoted and hired for no other reason than just being white. The latter has been the case for years and years. What’s not clicking?

I am not complaining. I am happy for every successful black person.

I am saying as black people we are not always powerless victims so there can be racists of all races.

I personally think of myself as a boss and I worked hard enough to be able to back it up and not always been treated as a permanent victim by the PC culture. If anything the PC culture is trying to infantilize us.

Honey,  I live in DC.

Imagine calling DC government workers overqualified (black or white ) ...  :deadbanana4:

SAYS nobody who's ever lived in DC and had to deal with the DMV or ANY city agencies.

Edited by frenchyisback

29 minutes ago, frenchyisback said:

For calling DC chocolate city? :rip:

No, for what you implied and what it runs cover for - I don't think you fully even understand why people are taking issue with your comment :skull:

7 minutes ago, Stellar1103 said:

It's not hard to not say the word. :coffee2:

Exactly

white people want to say the word so bad and will come up with any excuse in the book to justify them doing it :biblio: it’s sick and they’re racist period, same goes for the one’s in here. Also well, what Wendy said..... 

1 hour ago, satellites.™ said:

Also, flip this convo around with a gay slur and KEEP ALL THE SAME COMMENTS from this thread.

Thats what happens on other forums.

Its a cute little cycle and the reason there will never be common ground. Its kinda fun to see this thread here and then on LSA and the VAST difference in reactions.

I don't know of any artists saying the f^word in their lyrics though :deadbanana2:

6 minutes ago, Phantom said:

No, for what you implied and what it runs cover for - I don't think you fully even understand why people are taking issue with your comment :skull:

So for disagreeing with you... OK!

Even tho I have not broken any rule and my argument is: "There are racist in every race"

The left HATE freedom of speech then you wonder why there's a global anti-left backlash all over the world. 

Edited by frenchyisback

5 hours ago, Shaner69 said:

This is such a touchy topic but even the title of this thread is somewhat racist because it's singling out white people that are fans at a concert. It's upsetting that people can't see that we are all equal and the same and we can enjoy and like who ever we want. There has been mistakes Made by everyone in the past this is true but the problem is grouping people into a category and that's not fair. We are all individuals no matter what color we are and we have no choice over that. We should all learn to love and get along. That's how I feel and I hope everyone starts to feel that way too. 

Anyways lots of love to you all. 

How is the title of the thread racist? :toofunny2: 

Please miss me with this "we should all love each other and live in peace" talk because it's not as simple as that sis.

18 minutes ago, Chemist said:

I don't know of any artists saying the f^word in their lyrics though :deadbanana2:

Listen to Rap or Reggae... :michael: 

Edited by frenchyisback

3 hours ago, Bacardo Royale said:

Why are people outraged for these rappers? :rip: They know what it is and don't care cause they're getting a big fat check.

If these artists really cared they would not use the n word in their songs period! because hell will freeze over before you can convince white people they can't fully sing/rap along to a song they like,

This tbh.

The "it's in the songs but you shouldn't say it" train has left the station. The horse has bolted.

There is no way to stop non-Black people from using the word when it's all over the songs. 

6 minutes ago, Cas said:

The world is not the US. Bye

So? Is the US the only country where racial discrimination takes place or where non-Black people aren't allowed to say the N word that they hear in songs?

Posts like yours are pointless and are taking up bandwidth.

Thinking Of You
19 minutes ago, frenchyisback said:

I am not complaining. I am happy for every successful black person.

Then why make it an argumentative point? I don’t understand. 

19 minutes ago, frenchyisback said:

I am saying as black people we are not always powerless victims so there can be racists of all races.

We don’t have that much pull to treat white people the way they treated and still treat us, and I’m certainly not speaking about verbal or physical interactions. I’m referring to the systems they put into place to hinder Black people from succeeding in anything. It’s still happening. Read on the appraisal industry where Black homes are being undervalued in comparison to white homes by appraisers, despite the Black homes having just as much, if not more value than the white homes. Or, read about Wells Fargo setting up fake interviews for qualified Black candidates, only for them to hire white employees from within the company. This is still the country we live in. I’m sorry that you think it’s different. 

33 minutes ago, frenchyisback said:

I personally think of myself as a boss and I worked hard enough to be able to back it up and not always been treated as a permanent victim by the PC culture. If anything the PC culture is trying to infantilize us.

What is ‘PC culture’? Black people are still pursuing careers and higher education. Who’s playing victim?

I don’t care where you live. White people being rewarded for being average in the work field is across the broad and across the nation. 

27 minutes ago, Chemist said:

Good for you not listening to reggea music :rip: Or may i point you to a little artist called Eminem ?

At this point rappers should stop using that word in their songs and it should be erased from existence because of the amount of issues it creates, it's annoying at this point.

9 minutes ago, Alyssa Edwards said:

Good for you not listening to reggea music :rip: Or may i point you to a little artist called Eminem ?

wait I meant gay artists saying the f^word

13 minutes ago, St. Francis said:

So? Is the US the only country where racial discrimination takes place or where non-Black people aren't allowed to say the N word that they hear in songs?

Posts like yours are pointless and are taking up bandwidth.

The fake outrage is pointless but go off