Predominantly white crowd sings the N-word at Roddy Ricch concert; Twitter dragging

State of Grace.

43 minutes ago, Sugar-Rush said:

So they're all just supposed to self-censor in the heat of the moment while they're all singing along following Roddy's lead? :deadbanana2: Maybe in a perfect world but this is real life and sometimes things slip through, especially when you're surrounded by thousands of people singing the same damn song lyrics. 

it's really not that hard to blank the word out while you're listening to music. self-censoring would only be a thing if you're saying it in your head. :biblio:

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frenchyisback

• Armani?

• Apolonio

• Hurem

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, XtunaStan said:

Wait that r*p**t apologist stan is Reinvention? :biblionny:

Yea :doc: 

Imagine still acting oblivious about this topic in 2022

I didn't get it at 14 and am embarassed about venting about it, how can y'all grown men and women still say stupid **** like this

tumblr_o3k6q9NEPC1ruvpwjo2_400.gif

Don't be mad at the predictably racist and ignorant White crowd. Be mad at Roddy Rich and other rappers who keep using the n-word to sell to White audiences. If Kanye West and Jay-Z want their White audiences to yell out "N-words in Paris" at their shows, then that's the root of the problem. If you're a Black musical artist, and you keep using the n-word in your art, which I personally don't think is necessary, then you will always have to deal with the consequences of corny, ignorant White people who do stuff like this:

...Vin

Edited by Vin

White people?  At a rap concert?  Saying the N word?

200.gif

22 minutes ago, Vin said:

...my mouth watched that on the floor.........

how tf did she think that was a good idea? why is she talking like she just got a severe concussion???!?!? i am BEWILDERED :mazen:

55 minutes ago, Luckitty said:

the majority of white people are racist :coffee: in public they pretend they're not racist but in private they say much worse stuff.. that's the harsh truth

if you asked any of those people in the audience if they say the n word they'd swear up and down that they don't and that they have 2 black friends

:coffee:

1 hour ago, Sugar-Rush said:

So they're all just supposed to self-censor in the heat of the moment while they're all singing along following Roddy's lead? :deadbanana2: Maybe in a perfect world but this is real life and sometimes things slip through, especially when you're surrounded by thousands of people singing the same damn song lyrics. 

"The heat of the moment" :rip:

Any non black person who says the N word is disgusting. Human turds 

1 hour ago, Luckitty said:

the majority of white people are racist :coffee: in public they pretend they're not racist but in private they say much worse stuff.. that's the harsh truth

if you asked any of those people in the audience if they say the n word they'd swear up and down that they don't and that they have 2 black friends

The truth is all “races” are naturally racist to a degree, it’s the same reason why straights are homophobic. They just don’t know it/can’t relate to it so it’s seen as evil. The important thing is that they educate themselves/grow up in a diverse environment.

OT: Problematic x50k :rip:

Edited by PopKills

1 hour ago, Jay-El said:

If you’re white, don’t say it

There’s no if here. No one should use it, Kendrick included. And I’m not caucasian don’t even try. 

I'm sorry but go to a concert and no one cares.

Obviously people online, on twitter watching the experience through a screen are going to disect it, but in the heat of a great live experience everyone wants to participate and no is looking around to police others. This will happen from now til the end of time... theres never a hip hop concert where it doesn't happen. Kanye at Glastonbury was probably the worst id seen lol... The discourse around this is never serious, doesnt go anywhere and is driven by people sat home far from the actual grass. 

Edited by Otter

ATRL being ignorant about black issues again..  I do not care if its the moment is the 'vibe' JUST DONT SAY IT.

Some of y’all :skull: 

it’s really not that hard for people to just not say it

Yeah that’s usually what happens with audiences like that 

I have to wonder how the crowd works  when Bey does Sorry because she says “sing” during the ***** nah part :deadbanana2:

They’re right but this is really a lost cause. I don’t think white people at large will ever not say that word in a song as long as the biggest hits in the world feature it. But maybe I’m a pessimist.

i cant believe people are defending this behavior

To think people in the Kendrick Lamar thread swore up and down that people are able to self-censor… :toofunny3:

Who cares, if anyone is to blame it’s  Roddy Rich

Or course it's a bunch of white people. A black artist singing that in a concert is like their only chance to say it out loud (at least in their minds). I dont know why y'all are expecting anything different :rip:

Not just white people, asians, hispanics, etc. will sing along too. You can't really censor crowds, we're not that advanced as a species :skull:

it’s not a predominantly white crowd tho. there’s a lot of young teen white girls and they are the only ones shown in the vid, but it’s at least 50/50.