Not funny, girl: Glee actress/victim triggered over Lea’s Funny Girl announcement

BussC,XOXO

29 minutes ago, Miss Show Business said:

This type of "Stalinism" is what black women in the entertainment industry put up with all the time. Monique couldn't even say she deserved to be paid a higher rate without getting blacklisted by the industry and labelled "difficult". Now imagine if a black actress did what Lea did. 24/7 nasty behavior on set, making racial and derogatory remarks towards lesser cast members, and more. She wouldn't have a career anymore. Why should Lea get away with it? Not saying her entire career should be ruined — but why should she alone get a top role on Broadway without seemingly having to audition for it against other possible picks? This role was originated by Barbra freaking Streisand, and is a Tony and Oscar winning role, why shouldn't have there been a chance for new talent, possibly better than that of Lea, to take on such a huge role? My point is — a black actress would not still have gotten a role like this after acting the way Lea had all this time. When it comes to these things, they should be fair across the board — either have proper auditions or don't do the show at all. Lea should've been made to work for that role if she truly wanted it. Not just given it because she portrayed it on Glee; especially given her past behavior.

Girls, use these energy and comes for the problematic black man who still have a career like Chris Brown, Kanye West, Travis Scott...

Again, stop putting race into the situation have nothing to do with it. You are doing more harm than good.

And how do you know she doesn`t have to go through a strict casting process. Are you on the casting board or something? 

Edited by chiliam

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hector.adriel

• BussC,XOXO

• chester

• Miss Show Business

Lea Michele, the Camila of Broadway. Surprised?

Edited by popmusicisdead

Just now, chiliam said:

Girls, use these energy and comes for the problematic black man who still have a career like Chris Brown, Kanye West...

Again, stop putting race into the situation have nothing to do with it. You are doing more harm than good.

And how do you know she doesn`t have to go through a strict casting process. Are you on the casting board or something? 

Because she's white and she's Lea Michelle. End of story.

And I do NOT support those men. That has nothing to do with the point I'm trying to make here. I'm talking about what black women go through vs the privileges white women are afforded in this industry; and how it's an unfair situation. I mean, unless you can point me to another actress that is not Lea Michelle that was a contender for this role, then please do. Because from the second even Beanie Feldstein began the role, all of the talk was about Lea.

Life is soo unfair lol

The glee actress was just venting out her frustrations, so stop coming for her

Lea was born to play this part, so this unknow person will have to deal with it.

Bitter former colleague vibes.

2 hours ago, phreshprince said:

Ok I have a question. When do we forgive and move on? Should someone be reminded by their poor choices for the rest of their lives? This woman’s feelings are valid. She was literally abused and it’s clearly triggering any time she sees Lea. I’m sure Lea has privately apologized. But when do we let go and move on? This woman clearly still hasn’t healed or she wouldn’t be talking about this. Again, her feelings are VALID. But…when do we just give people a chance again?

Thank you for explaining what I was thinking. We need to stop with the unhealthy thirst for social justice. People have the right to move on and get on with their lives. 

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, InventedGays said:

Not wanting someone to be chosen as the headliner for a BROADWAY production does not mean they can't ever work again.  It's so weird how this site acts like just because someone was famous, they somehow have a right to continue that level of success despite any **** they do. Giving Kanye forgiving Chris Brown, Travis Scott, & Marilyn Mason teas

You are really weird for this. Lea Michele was accused of being rude to her co-workers, and making a few microaggressive comments. I don’t agree with the comments/actions she allegedly made to her past coworkers. However, she has made an apology to those who she has hurt, unlike one of those men you mentioned. Marilyn is even sueing his victims who have came out about the abuse they experienced while with him

How are you going to compare her to men with sexual assault and domestic violence allegations, and a man whose negligence towards his fans resulted in 10 deaths?

Its been years. People deserve second chances

She really needs to move on... but then again, this is the only time people start talking about her on here, it seems.

4 hours ago, Stunnah said:

lea is white? lol 

Not lately 

2 hours ago, chiliam said:

stop making everything about race.

Lea is a diva with her co-worker in the past, she learned her lesson and move on. 

Casting for Broadway is no joke, even the most famed actors/actresses have to go through a very strict casting. And from what we know about Lea she has the acting chops and vocal talent for the role.

:cm:

3 hours ago, InventedGays said:

People aren't owed fame.  

...and people aren't owed the destruction of someone else's career and livelihood for as long as that person lives :emofish:

get a grip and stop thinking in absolutes

i understand her frustration but this is literally just embarrassing at this point. lea has barely even worked since glee, god forbid she gets one job. does she literally just want lea to never work again? this is clearly just jealousy at this point and she’s clearly just mad that lea has gotten one more job than she has since glee (one as opposed to zero) :jonny5: also equating what lea did to abuse is gross and frankly offensive to real abuse victims 

2 hours ago, stjosephprey4us said:

I understand her point of view but Lea apologized and there’s a lot of people in the entertainment industry (Morgan Wallen, Travis Scott, Kanye, the list goes on), especially men who have arguably done far worse and aren’t canceled. I don’t think Lea deserves to be stoned and never work again, and the people who think that the world revolves around their interactions w a person (no matter how horrible they were, Lea is definitely no saint) are in for a rude awakening bc the world unfortunately does not work that way. I don’t have all the right answers, but until everyone in Hollywood is held to the same standard, and women (especially a woman such as Lea who is Jewish) aren’t singled out and dragged through the mud, I am not going to be majorly losing sleep over this. Life goes on. 

MTE

This girl really needs help, especially since she’s been called out by others for bad behaviour too. 

That whole Glee cast is full of jealous hypocrites, reminds me of the actors who played Tina and Artie who were still meeting Lea many years after Glee ended, had her on their podcast but then deleted and shaded her when she got “cancelled” months oater for behaviour that was many years before. 

People can change and deserve second chances too so at one point people should move in. She was a rude diva yes, but she didn’t commit a crime or raped someone so we shouldn’t act like she is THE worst person ever and just hope she learned from it all and grew mature. 

I think her feelings of frustration are valid, and I hope she gets the closure she needs.

Having said that, to those of you asking why the producers couldn't have given this role to a more "deserving" actress, the answer is simple: MONEY.

How many of you even knew about the Funny Girl revival before posting on this thread? After Beanie Feldstein and the show got dragged, the producers had to recoup their investments somehow. I've heard that after the casting announcements, ticket sales for the dates after Lea's start have skyrocketed. Clearly, the producers knew what they were doing.

Why can't y'all just let a person learn from their mistakes, grow and be a better person. People are really hateful these days.

When a person has already apologized, regretted, paid the price, changed, shown character development, etc and you're still trying to cancel them, ava max - maybe you're the problem.mp3.

Edited by charot

4 hours ago, Stunnah said:

lea is white? lol 

Yeah, she's southern italian/greek.

This is annoying. People who spent 10 years on prison for serious crimes have right to reinsertion after leaving it, Lea has already been punished for being a mean girl and bad colleague, she has been years with out working due to her bad press, it’s time to move on

4 hours ago, Miss Show Business said:

These replies ain't it.

This girl was harassed and bullied by Lea, and was at the recieving end of her racist remarks and microagressions. Why should this horrible behavior be rewarded with a top role on Broadway that could have gone to a newcomer that was more deserving of such a big break? Hollywood and Broadway definitely cater to whiteness, and whereas a black actresses career literally would've been permanently destroyed by behavior like Lea's, a white woman is being almost rewarded for it. It really doesn't make any sense. Now is the perfect time to be talking about Lea Michelle's revolting behavior and question why she should get this role by default without seemingly having to earn it properly.

I'm Team Leah because

2 hours ago, JorgeM said:

This is annoying. People who spent 10 years on prison for serious crimes have right to reinsertion after leaving it, Lea has already been punished for being a mean girl and bad colleague, she has been years with out working due to her bad press, it’s time to move on

but I must admit that I would butthurt too if my ex-colleague who was s***y towards me got a huge career push.

3 hours ago, M André said:

Is the role a big deal? sorry i'm not into theater

Lea has made it clear since her Glee days that this is her dream role, they even made her character on Glee obsessed with getting the same part. There’s no denying Lea will be brilliant in this role & will probably start a sort of revival to her career, so that’s why some people who Lea treated badly during her time on Glee are taking the news badly.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.