Not funny, girl: Glee actress/victim triggered over Lea’s Funny Girl announcement

BussC,XOXO

38 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

I feel like I have to be missing something obvious because there's no way this means how it reads?????

what did they mean to say... I'm ?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hector.adriel

• BussC,XOXO

• chester

• Miss Show Business

24 minutes ago, Stunnah said:

lea is white? lol 

Yes? :ryan2:

These replies ain't it.

This girl was harassed and bullied by Lea, and was at the recieving end of her racist remarks and microagressions. Why should this horrible behavior be rewarded with a top role on Broadway that could have gone to a newcomer that was more deserving of such a big break? Hollywood and Broadway definitely cater to whiteness, and whereas a black actresses career literally would've been permanently destroyed by behavior like Lea's, a white woman is being almost rewarded for it. It really doesn't make any sense. Now is the perfect time to be talking about Lea Michelle's revolting behavior and question why she should get this role by default without seemingly having to earn it properly.

Edited by Miss Show Business

3 minutes ago, Dula Peep said:

Yes? :ryan2:

Huh. She looks like the pretty girl who used to serve me shawarma in Jordan. 

18 minutes ago, Miss Show Business said:

These replies ain't it.

This girl was harassed and bullied by Lea, and was at the recieving end of her racist remarks and microagressions. Why should this horrible behavior be rewarded with a top role on Broadway that could have gone to a newcomer that was more deserving of such a big break? Hollywood and Broadway definitely cater to whiteness, and whereas a black actresses career literally would've been permanently destroyed by behavior like Lea's, a white woman is being almost rewarded for it. It really doesn't make any sense. Now is the perfect time to be talking about Lea Michelle's revolting behavior and question why she should get this role by default without seemingly having to earn it properly.

What is this North Korea? People are allowed live they’re lives. Y’all have lost it. Thinking someone’s past means no longer being to allowed work ever under any circumstances. What type of Stalinism is this? 

Edited by princedonte

Didn’t she use BLM movement to bash on Lea? Lea ain’t no saint either. 

1 hour ago, Generation Braindead said:

I’m suspecting a bit of jealously mixed with black girl energy.

Please, do elaborate?

Ok I have a question. When do we forgive and move on? Should someone be reminded by their poor choices for the rest of their lives? This woman’s feelings are valid. She was literally abused and it’s clearly triggering any time she sees Lea. I’m sure Lea has privately apologized. But when do we let go and move on? This woman clearly still hasn’t healed or she wouldn’t be talking about this. Again, her feelings are VALID. But…when do we just give people a chance again?

Lea was clearly a diva/mean girl back in the glee days but imo she just wanted to be the center of attention or on the spotlight, not saying her bad attitude and her awful behavior on set are excusable, but that was years ago and she was jut being really successful at a young age and that got to her head and got greedy and selfish, but what happened to just letting things go? She was mean to her co workers years ago and she’s supposed to just live/have a terrible life/career cause of that?

not saying the other girl’s feelings are invalid but she should let it go already :devil:

7 minutes ago, phreshprince said:

Ok I have a question. When do we forgive and move on? Should someone be reminded by their poor choices for the rest of their lives? This woman’s feelings are valid. She was literally abused and it’s clearly triggering any time she sees Lea. I’m sure Lea has privately apologized. But when do we let go and move on? This woman clearly still hasn’t healed or she wouldn’t be talking about this. Again, her feelings are VALID. But…when do we just give people a chance again?

:cm:
you explained what I wanted to say way better :deadbanana4:

I suppose the silver lining here is that Lea’s cast mates probably won’t hesitate to speak out if she does anything ****** up his time around. Getting a high profile role like this after being cancelled doesn’t happen that often and I hope that Lea knows how lucky she is and treats her fellow coworkers/cast members well this time around. 

I feel like she is 100% telling the truth but lbr, just because Lea’s a nasty person doesn’t equate to “abuse”. We’ve all been bullied and I’m sure Lea’s behavior is all over entertainment industry and the fact that we’ve only receive small anecdotes of Lea’s behavior likely points to the fact that she is just an all around nightmare and was not specifically targeting this girl.

I mean Lea has been exposed as trash numerous times, but this grudge that she is holding is not healthy :gaycat6:

1 minute ago, Bad_vocal_technique said:

Time to move on. Giving Britney vibes.

It had to be a Fighter. :biblio:

20 minutes ago, princedonte said:

What is this North Korea? People are allowed live they’re lives. Y’all have lost it. Thinking someone’s past means no longer being to allowed work ever under any circumstances. What type of Stalinism is this? 

This type of "Stalinism" is what black women in the entertainment industry put up with all the time. Monique couldn't even say she deserved to be paid a higher rate without getting blacklisted by the industry and labelled "difficult". Now imagine if a black actress did what Lea did. 24/7 nasty behavior on set, making racial and derogatory remarks towards lesser cast members, and more. She wouldn't have a career anymore. Why should Lea get away with it? Not saying her entire career should be ruined — but why should she alone get a top role on Broadway without seemingly having to audition for it against other possible picks? This role was originated by Barbra freaking Streisand, and is a Tony and Oscar winning role, why shouldn't have there been a chance for new talent, possibly better than that of Lea, to take on such a huge role? My point is — a black actress would not still have gotten a role like this after acting the way Lea had all this time. When it comes to these things, they should be fair across the board — either have proper auditions or don't do the show at all. Lea should've been made to work for that role if she truly wanted it. Not just given it because she portrayed it on Glee; especially given her past behavior.

1 minute ago, InventedGays said:

Time to move on.. says the Xtina fan using any opportunity to talk **** about Britney lol 

Well it’s hard to not mention someone who sets the example for exactly what  any human does not aspire to be.

Just now, Bad_vocal_technique said:

Well it’s hard to not mention someone who sets the example for exactly what  any human does not aspire to be.

Somebody who had been tortured by her own family for years, not only the thirteen years she was under a conservatorship she should not have been after 2008. Of course she is allowed to hold grudges. It is the same with this girl. As someone above me said about Mo'Nique; she wasn't even allowed to say she should have been paid a higher rate, comment I believe she made after winning an Oscar and ended up being blacklisted by pretty much everyone in Hollywood. Lea got to treat other people like **** on set for years and she's still being allowed to land an important role in Broadway, something that's still hard for black singers/actresses nowadays, even after all these years of exposing them.

6 minutes ago, abrahamjmr said:

Somebody who had been tortured by her own family for years, not only the thirteen years she was under a conservatorship she should not have been after 2008. Of course she is allowed to hold grudges. It is the same with this girl. As someone above me said about Mo'Nique; she wasn't even allowed to say she should have been paid a higher rate, comment I believe she made after winning an Oscar and ended up being blacklisted by pretty much everyone in Hollywood. Lea got to treat other people like **** on set for years and she's still being allowed to land an important role in Broadway, something that's still hard for black singers/actresses nowadays, even after all these years of exposing them.

She already exposed lea. She made her pay. Lea Michelle can’t even have open comments on her Instagram due to the hate she got. I can’t even stand lea but I say, girl Move the **** on with your life.

Leah has apologized, what else does this girl want from her?

She could channel this energy in more productive things…

1 hour ago, Blade Runner said:

here comes

Literally EVERYONE knows Lea Michele is a nightmare, a racist, and an awful person. It's just not this girl. Try some decency next time. :pukey:

Lol to Lea defend she is a diva to literally everybody no matter what their skin color.

She did learn to be nicer throughout the years through. 

And she is clearly got the talent for this role and deserve it 100%.

1 hour ago, Miss Show Business said:

These replies ain't it.

stop making everything about race.

Lea is a diva with her co-worker in the past, she learned her lesson and move on. 

Casting for Broadway is no joke, even the most famed actors/actresses have to go through a very strict casting. And from what we know about Lea she has the acting chops and vocal talent for the role.

1 hour ago, TheCheshireCat said:

Lol it sucks but that's.. kind of life?

Its true life is unfair people always tell me to get over it 

Lol why am I not surprised that people on here are defending Lea's ass

I understand her point of view but Lea apologized and there’s a lot of people in the entertainment industry (Morgan Wallen, Travis Scott, Kanye, the list goes on), especially men who have arguably done far worse and aren’t canceled. I don’t think Lea deserves to be stoned and never work again, and the people who think that the world revolves around their interactions w a person (no matter how horrible they were, Lea is definitely no saint) are in for a rude awakening bc the world unfortunately does not work that way. I don’t have all the right answers, but until everyone in Hollywood is held to the same standard, and women (especially a woman such as Lea who is Jewish) aren’t singled out and dragged through the mud, I am not going to be majorly losing sleep over this. Life goes on. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.