NYT: Only 13% of Americans think the US is headed in the right direction

Communion

Four years of Trump, declining Joe Biden, and a rogue SCOTUS has pretty much abolished any sense of American exceptionalism that existed. 

Why does that tweet not mention the supreme court nonsense. Yes the democrats need to do SOMETHING but at least pin it against the Republicans too or they gonna use this tweet as leverage

Well we can thank republicans for that, they are literally turning us back in time. 13% who said yes are the right wing extremists. 

I don't know why Americans thought electing a senile president was a good idea. Pete Buttiegeg should ve President, at least he's coherent 

Edited by brazil

I’m surprised it is that high. The US is failing on almost every governmental front.  the legislature is one (1) not representative of the people and (2) perpetually prevented from doing anything by oppositional parties

the executive has lost the ability to have the support of at a minimum half the country.  

and the Supreme Court has been taken over by radical judges who want to govern undemocratically.  

Not to mention that fundamental election issues with gerrymandering and voter suppression.  

The United States needs to break up or have another constitutional convention.  

Edited by byzantium

And the far left progressives will get what they want next year, less dems in office and more authoritarianism. :coffee2:

So happy that Americans are finally waking up :clap3:Vote Blue no matter what is detrimental to our democracy. 

15 minutes ago, Shoful said:

Why does that tweet not mention the supreme court nonsense. 

It's pointing out that the things corporate Democrats claimed were most important to acheice failed to prepare for a far-right court committing overreach. 

It sounds like those in Democratic leadership should be radically changing their views on both regulating the courts and the filibuster. 

• ATRL Moderator
3 minutes ago, fauxtography said:

And the far left progressives will get what they want next year, less dems in office and more authoritarianism. :coffee2:

I don't remember progressives ever advocating for a strong Republican party or being open to a Republican running mate.

I’m not happy with the direction the country’s taking either. Thanks to the gop and the corrupt supremely court. 

41 minutes ago, Communion said:

It's pointing out that the things corporate Democrats claimed were most important to acheice failed to prepare for a far-right court committing overreach. 

It sounds like those in Democratic leadership should be radically changing their views on both regulating the courts and the filibuster. 

They fail to get ANYTHING DONE

It's remarkable how they don't wanna play dirty like the Republicans do. They truly give no fucks about their supporters

The far-right regressive Democrats are fuming.

Edited by rihannabiggestfan

2 hours ago, fauxtography said:

2 hours ago, Marvin said:

I don't remember progressives ever advocating for a strong Republican party or being open to a Republican running mate.

:lmao: this really must be some sort of derangement syndrome. How does blaming the “far left” for the failures of the politicians they support, and defend on this site make any sense. Help!

With the current SC make-up and with the Republicans likely winning either the House of Reps or the Senate in November, I don't have high hopes. :!ohno:

56 minutes ago, justjess said:

With the current SC make-up and with the Republicans likely winning either the House of Reps or the Senate in November, I don't have high hopes. :!ohno:

Alot of Dems and left leaning independents feel the same. Which reflects their feelings of it going in the wrong direction. 

These numbers are because no one thinks they're winning. The right thinks they're losing because they don't have the senate, house or the presidency. The left is getting battered by the supreme court & by Biden's inefficacy, and we can all see how the right is about to take over.

This level of anger and disillusionment is the perfect political situation for the rise of fascism and I'm so sorry to all the good Americans that are going to have to live through the next 10 years.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.