Shawn Postpones Tour

WildAmerican

5 minutes ago, Insanity said:

Your posts make it sound like u do.

Or maybe you're hurt that he's flopping. I actually have a soft spot for Shawn and have defended him multiple times. The fact that you see every criticism as having something against him is perhaps a problem.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Into The Void

• Freakshowvato

• Yog

• More Than A Melody

Instead of needing to make this about his sexuality (which is none of our business) or about the sales of his tickets (which in all fairness are still good) maybe just pause and think egging on someone that isn’t doing well mentally is probably not the smartest thing.

Oh wait, this is ATRL, who am I kidding.

I know everyone is different but this is partly why I give Harry Styles a lot of credit, he get's tortured by people on social media and he still continues to go out there on grueling tour dates and gives the fans a great show. Hope Shawn feels better soon.

5 minutes ago, More Than A Melody said:

Or maybe you're hurt that he's flopping. I actually have a soft spot for Shawn and have defended him multiple times. The fact that you see every criticism as having something against him is perhaps a problem.

I'm not hurt. I get to see him in October and that excites me.  I have nothing to be hurt by. 

13 minutes ago, More Than A Melody said:

They literally don't :deadbanana4:

wow I didn’t know Marina was bringing in that kind of money :WAP: my indie queen

5 minutes ago, insomniac said:

Instead of needing to make this about his sexuality (which is none of our business) or about the sales of his tickets (which in all fairness are still good) maybe just pause and think egging on someone that isn’t doing well mentally is probably not the smartest thing.

Oh wait, this is ATRL, who am I kidding.

I actually agree that making it about his sexuality is ridiculous and insulting

4 minutes ago, Touchdown said:

I know everyone is different but this is partly why I give Harry Styles a lot of credit, he get's tortured by people on social media and he still continues to go out there on grueling tour dates and gives the fans a great show. Hope Shawn feels better soon.

Harry gets 1000x more love on social media than hate. He gets the same amount of hate than Taylor, Billie, Ariana, Gaga, Bieber et al gets. It's a staple of being a big celebrity. It's all stan twitter focused and people who aren't terminally online don't see any of it, towards any artist (though Bieber does have an overall bad image). While basically all big celebs get tons of sh*t on social media, their overall image is incredibly positive and people love them. Just today there was a 400K likes tweet with a photoshopped pic of Harry and Tom Holland:

Harry also doesn't go on social media at all, so he wouldn't see any "hate" anyway.

And I don't think Shawn is postponing because of social media hate :rip: Overall, this is a very weird take. Y'all place too much value on stan twitter. It means absolutely nothing at all and I don't think any artist is making big career decisions because of it.

Not a Chrome history :skull: :ahh:

Edited by enchanted0

I mean I hope he feels better and gets in the right mindset but please that excuse :skull: You are a musician and you aren't in the mindset to perform??? High key glad I didn't get a ticket especially since my state was the receiving end of the cancelled date. I only really wanted to see Tate McRae anyway :rip: 

Shawn Mendes stay in the closet if you are male attracted. Look at how they turned on Smith and Nas and hate every openly gay man celeb. The allure is in not knowing but they’ll lose interest once they know. Become trade, get you a girlfriend, get a collage of tattoos like Bieber and keep posting your feet pics and they wont have a choice but to stan. Stay strong, King. 

oh please

you're a musician. this is your livelihood. if you cant handle it then go work at Target

55 minutes ago, Insanity said:

His shows so far were all sold out.. so?

People lie about box scores all the time :rip: Check the replies clocking this

The man has barely toured in three years due to COVID, this excuse makes no sense. It's giving classic emergency reason for a cancellation because it's flopping.

5 minutes ago, Pleighboy said:

Shawn Mendes stay in the closet if you are male attracted. Look at how they turned on Smith and Nas and hate every openly gay man celeb. The allure is in not knowing but they’ll lose interest once they know. Become trade, get you a girlfriend, get a collage of tattoos like Bieber and keep posting your feet pics and they wont have a choice but to stan. Stay strong, King. 

Umm, both Sam & Lil Nas X recent albums are certified platinum while Shawn’s isn’t, so clearly the other around love but I feel if Shawn did come out, it would give an slight boost of an career I guess

1 hour ago, Hidden said:

Except he doesn't work because he needs it. He's already a multi-millionaire. If he isn't feeling good -- and considering he's an artist and needs to be really there mentally -- he's more than right to call it off

And screw all the musicians, stage crew, backstage people etc and all the fans who paid hundreds of dollars for air fares and hotels, sure. He's already a multi-millionaire after all, what does he care.

stay strong Shawn and feel better :heart:

I like Shawn but this is really unprofessional. :katie:

Dallas- Oct 1 - 3 months away ticket sales look fine to me

KggWBbQ.png

1 hour ago, ahauntingnearu said:

Imagine normal people just pausing their job cuz they "can't handle it..." :toofunny2:

they can quit a job you know. Listen to beyonces new song 

I hope he feels better. 

You all clearly don’t understand anxiety or depression, or the pressures of tour. It can get very lonely and disorienting going from city to city. You need a great headspace. 

These things are diseases, just bc you can’t see it doesn’t mean it’s not valid. We don’t know what he’s going thru. Just hope he feels better. 

I hope he is okay. Take a few years off, fix yourself and come back when you are ready with some nice new tunes :clap3:

The chrome history screenshots, this thread is sending me :rip:

Edited by Headlock

1 minute ago, Rv1709 said:

So unprofessional. What about all the people who bought tickets or booked hotels and flights?

So he’s expected to suffer and ignore his poor mental health? if they’re truly fans, they’ll understand and check back for the postponed date or get a refund if they can no longer make it. Usually ppl don’t book hotels and flights for a local concert. 

9 minutes ago, Freakshowvato said:

they can quit a job you know. Listen to beyonces new song 

Yeah but if your job involves getting paid literally millions of dollars and you doing your job is a requirement for literally hundreds of other people having jobs at all for months.....that changes the equation a bitsy.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.