Shawn Postpones Tour

WildAmerican

23 minutes ago, Yog said:

Now why are you lying? Lol

No, his fans on here & Twitter made sound like it ALL sold out..

djIegLlj_FF4AD0D1-FBE1-45F0-8AD6-FC693A7

1PdwYnoE_27FE9025-461A-437D-907B-4872B3A

I know it must be hard running your Sam Smith twitter account due to lack of content after his latest BOMB, but use the extra time to at least do some research luv

10 minutes ago, hardbrit said:

Wonder was released 2 years ago. WHY did he think an under-performing album was going to sell out a tour where he just stands there and claps?

You were just in his tour thread days ago asking about the show, but failed to see the first 4 consecutive shows were sold out dates? :deadbanana4:  worms

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Into The Void

• Freakshowvato

• Yog

• More Than A Melody

8 minutes ago, TeeJay said:

every show has been sold out so far but ok.........

No it hasn't, the way they lied in his boxscores shamelessly is kinda insane to me. I took these screenshots myself because I couldn't believe how badly his tour was selling, and sent them to a friend on June 27, the day his tour started. This was the first show in Portland, the day of:

That's not sold out. It's not terrible but it's not sold out. This one is for the show the next day, June 28 in Seattle

image.png

Also not 100% sold out

This one was Vancouver July 2, he didn't even put the upper ring for sale

Tickets were selling as low as 25 face value... I don't have the map for Sacramento but you're telling me those shows are 100% sold out?

Dua in the same venues (including one in Canada)

And for the kicker, these are some of his upcoming shows:

Milwaukee (July 12)

Pittsburgh, July 20 (whole sections not on sale, and still...)

image.png

Omaha, July 10 (whole sections not on sale again)

image.png

he postponed all the shows that were bombing and they lied about the box scores of the one that already happened

Hope he’s ok! Maybe the Camila break is really hitting him hard :(

10 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

I know it must be hard running your Sam Smith twitter account due to lack of content after his latest BOMB, but use the extra time to at least do some research luv

You were just in his tour thread days ago asking about the show, but failed to see the first 4 consecutive shows were sold out dates? :deadbanana4:  worms

I was asking about how was this show...And it is the same as the other one he does, hence why he is cancelling it and it bombed.

40 minutes ago, fauxtography said:

Because he reads ATRL?

The energy he gets here is the same crap he gets in his social media comments 

2 minutes ago, More Than A Melody said:

This one is for the show the next day, June 28 in Seattle

image.png

I was literally at this show and have videos of a sold out arena. 

Plus his manager even confirmed the first 3 shows were sold out in an Instagram caption. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CfeviM_Pr0X/

Clearly they're not using every available seat of the arenas, but of those for sale- they had to have been sold :michael:

Im screaming not the receipts above :deadvision:

That's sad to hear tbh although I'm not a fan. His tour wasn't bombing either but I feel like these stars should think twice before announcing tours.

50 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

I was literally at this show and have videos of a sold out arena. 

Plus his manager even confirmed the first 3 shows were sold out in an Instagram caption. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CfeviM_Pr0X/

Clearly they're not using every available seat of the arenas, but of those for sale- they had to have been sold :michael:

The screenshots were taken the same day the show happened or 24 hours before it happened. He did not sell lout. His manager can say whatever he wants. He didn't sell out all the tickets that were up for sale because I could literally purchase tickets 2 minutes before he went on stage.

I have nothing against Shawn and have defended him in the past, but this shady thing of lying in box scores is not it. And this postponement of tour in the exact shows that had thousands upon thousands of unsold tickets using mental health as an excuse are low. Sorry, you know I like you, but fair is fair.

Edited by More Than A Melody

55 minutes ago, Protocol said:

In other words, it bombed so badly we couldn’t justify the cost of putting on the shows

His shows so far were all sold out.. so?

Not y’all turning this into a coming out thread and also lying about the tour not being sold out :deadbanana4:

Sam Smith stans are truly jealous people :bibliahh:

19 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

Umm, Shawn has literally bombed four times with an single certified tank 4th curse album, so…I know this is an bit bombshell for you but the Truth will set you free ?

50 minutes ago, Lady Claire said:

Were the shows sold out?

Per touring data yes

16 minutes ago, More Than A Melody said:

No it hasn't, the way they lied in his boxscores shamelessly is kinda insane to me. I took these screenshots myself because I couldn't believe how badly his tour was selling, and sent them to a friend on June 27, the day his tour started. This was the first show in Portland, the day of:

That's not sold out. It's not terrible but it's not sold out. This one is for the show the next day, June 28 in Seattle

image.png

Also not 100% sold out

Tickets were selling as low as 25 face value... I don't have the map for Sacramento but you're telling me those shows are 100% sold out?

Milwaukee (July 12)

image.png

image.png

he postponed all the shows that were bombing and they lied about the box scores of the one that already happened

I was thinking the same thing, all the reported shows were "sold out" with 10-12k when Dua and Billie filled those venues with ~14-15k :sistrens:

He got tired of his fans assaulting him with cowboy hats. I don’t blame him. :jonnycat:

1 minute ago, unclefloprry said:

I was thinking the same thing, all the reported shows were "sold out" with 10-12k when Dua and Billie filled those venues with ~14-15k :sistrens:

Not only that, because at least you could claim that he didn't put all the tickets up for sale or had smaller pits or whatever, but there were tons of tickets available THE DAY OF THE CONCERT lmao. I'm sure it would've been something like "95% sold out" but I guess 11K + 95% sold out would've looked bad, so they lied. There was no way of lying about the next few concerts, so they postponed.

It's a shame because for some concerts he actually sold a lot of tickets, and now those fans can't have their concert because he wants to save face :deadbanana2:

9 minutes ago, More Than A Melody said:

The screenshots were taken the same day the show happened or 24 hours before it happened. He did not sell lout. His manager can say whatever he wants. He didn't sell out all the tickets that were up for sale because I could literally purchase tickets 2 minutes before he went on stage.

I have nothing against Shawn and have defended him in the past, but this shady thing of lying in box scores is not it. And this postponement of tour in the exact shows that had thousands upon thousands of unsold tickets using mental health as an excuse are low. Sorry, you know I like you, but fair is fair.

EDIT: and you know very well his tour started June 27.

image.png

Touring data reported 100% sold

2 minutes ago, Insanity said:

Touring data reported 100% sold

That’s the first four shows..And the rest didn’t ?

Edited by Yog

24 minutes ago, More Than A Melody said:

image.png

Also not 100% sold out

Milwaukee (July 12)

image.png

image.png

These screenshots are not bad. In fact the first ones are excellent and with the last day tickets sale (which is huge) those shows definitely sold out.

His upcoming shows could be doing better but they are not tragic. Overall it’s fine, not spectacular. Nothing to drag.

Shookly the tour was selling pretty well basically sold our.... For some reason I tought this tour started  months ago but it began on June 27.... Shawn WTF!! yes i understand your issues but posponing after less than 2 weeks 

4 minutes ago, More Than A Melody said:

I guess 11K + 95% sold out would've looked bad, so they lied

They do this for every artist :deadbanana4:

is this the first tour you’re following?

4 minutes ago, Blue Rose said:

These screenshots are not bad. In fact the first ones are excellent and with the last day tickets sale (which is huge) those shows definitely sold out.

His upcoming shows could be doing better but they are not tragic. Overall it’s fine, not spectacular. Nothing to drag.

:rip: he was about to go on stage when I took the screenshot of the 27th.

This is nothing to drag for a show that was gonna happen in a week?

Ok sis

18 minutes ago, More Than A Melody said:

EDIT: and you know very well his tour started June 27.

image.png

Your posts make it sound like u do.

A bit concerned for him. I feel like he might be going through a lot, with his latest music not performing as well as he used to. That must shake you to your core when you are always used to have big successes. Shawn seems like such a sweet person, and maybe the pandemic made him reconsider what his priorities in life are.

I hope he feels better soon, and that he takes all the time he needs.

4 minutes ago, Blue Rose said:

They do this for every artist :deadbanana4:

is this the first tour you’re following?

They literally don't :deadbanana4:

The bold face lie paired with condescencion I can't deal :bibliahh:

Some artists DO, in fact, sell out! That's why you see 100%, also most artists try to only put out the tickets they think they can sell out. They do not LIE for every artist. That's just Shawn tings.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.