The Weeknd cancels stadium Tour date due to nationwide internet outage!

Raphy23

4 hours ago, Jude said:

Is that a valid excuse? Sounds ridiculous to me.

I'm not sure they about be able to scan tickets without the internet.  And the concert itself probably has equipment that needs the internet. 

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raphy23

• Jude

• Protocol

• Katamari

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Oktober Knight said:

And here are the haters... 

Y'all realize they need wifi to scan tickets to let people into the venue, right? It's not just about them being cash only. And for those fans who don't have 4G/5G, they need internet to show their ticket. 

But hey, try to bash him with your nonsense. 

***** wtf I'm not a hater I was just relating to the user in the lack of use of tecnology in the concerts in my country :rip: not everything is a personal attack on your faves, chill. Last time I went to a concert it was physical tickets :rip:

2 hours ago, Raphy23 said:

The scanners that validate everyone’s QR codes on their tickets aren’t working.

Also the production requires wifi or some sort of data.

Makes sense. Shame for the people who planned themselves for that specific date.

But now is fixed ,no ? 

He cannot do it today or tomorrow? 

5 hours ago, Jude said:

What excuse? the show was sold out weeks ago :deadbanana2:

dang, what caused all of Canada's internet to go down?

3 hours ago, nick4bty said:

I don't understand how concert promoters are just okay with allowing people to spend hundreds of dollars on hotel, travel, and accomodations only to cancel a show hours before it's scheduled to begin. Complete bullshit. Should be reimbursing everyone's travel fees along with the tickets. 

It would make no sense to reimburse anyone's travel fees for a cancelled concert. Concert promoters allow people to spend hundreds of dollars on hotel, travel and accommodations with completely different companies to theirs, but the one going to the concert does the bookings willingly, knowing there's always a chance the concert could be cancelled, especially during a pandemic :rip: 

Rogers has always been the pits compared to bell. idk how people are still with them.

This. I've been begging my family for YEARS to switch off of Rogers. Their staff is incompetent, their services are notoriously inconsistent and unreliable despite calling themselves "the most reliable network in Canada" on practically every single bus bench and billboard in the country, and worst of all, I find everyone I've ever spoken to there is always so arrogant and obnoxious about their own awful service :rip: Like you can tell that they KNOW they have a near-monopoly and they don't even pretend to give a f*ck about when their terrible services massively inconvenience you.

Needless to say, I basically spent the entire day "told you so"ing my family :toofunny2:

7 hours ago, Jude said:

6 hours ago, VelvetCrush said:

Mte. I was like "what does not having internet have to do with a concert" :deadbanana2:

I mean, his dumb ass also tried to incorporate NFTs into his show, and the blockchain famously is irrelevant if the internet is not working :cm: 

4 hours ago, nick4bty said:

He can't just do it tomorrow? 

I don't understand how concert promoters are just okay with allowing people to spend hundreds of dollars on hotel, travel, and accomodations only to cancel a show hours before it's scheduled to begin. Complete bullshit. Should be reimbursing everyone's travel fees along with the tickets. 

Concert promoters usually refund tickets if you can't make the new date but they have nothing to do with your travel expenses. 

2 hours ago, VelvetCrush said:

***** wtf I'm not a hater I was just relating to the user in the lack of use of tecnology in the concerts in my country :rip: not everything is a personal attack on your faves, chill. Last time I went to a concert it was physical tickets :rip:

Makes sense. Shame for the people who planned themselves for that specific date.

Sorry, your quote "what does wifi have to do with the concert" sounded like you were questioning the situation and why he canceled. 

5 hours ago, Oktober Knight said:

And here are the haters... 

Y'all realize they need wifi to scan tickets to let people into the venue, right? It's not just about them being cash only. And for those fans who don't have 4G/5G, they need internet to show their ticket. 

But hey, try to bash him with your nonsense. 

Why did you label me a hater? I'm just surprised Canada don't rely on cash that much. :huh:

I feel bad for him, this tour seems to be cursed :toofunny3:

15 hours ago, West Coast said:

deserved for not putting out middle east dates

who tours in the Middle East tho? :duck:

who tours in the Middle East tho? :duck:

He should be the revolutionist that he is and be the first to do it :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.