The Weeknd cancels stadium Tour date due to nationwide internet outage!

Raphy23

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raphy23

• Jude

• Protocol

• Katamari

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Mohit said:

dont they have wifi there or another operators? what kinda 3rd world country ass is this

There are many providers. However, there are 2 companies that OWN every single smaller provider. “Rogers” and “Bell”. So with rogers down essentially half the country was down :noparty:

1 hour ago, VelvetCrush said:

Mte. I was like "what does not having internet have to do with a concert" :deadbanana2:

The scanners that validate everyone’s QR codes on their tickets aren’t working.

Also the production requires wifi or some sort of data.

He can't just do it tomorrow? 

I don't understand how concert promoters are just okay with allowing people to spend hundreds of dollars on hotel, travel, and accomodations only to cancel a show hours before it's scheduled to begin. Complete bullshit. Should be reimbursing everyone's travel fees along with the tickets. 

4 minutes ago, nick4bty said:

He can't just do it tomorrow? 

I don't understand how concert promoters are just okay with allowing people to spend hundreds of dollars on hotel, travel, and accomodations only to cancel a show hours before it's scheduled to begin. Complete bullshit. Should be reimbursing everyone's travel fees along with the tickets. 

the stage and everything was built and setup, so this is what I was thinking.

however Rogers went down today at 4am and it’s still not back as of now :rip:

Edited by Raphy23

this is why you always need some competition in infrastructure business

Feel so bad for him and his fans. But this means I get to be there on opening night! Philly's first baby!:clap3:

2 hours ago, LustSpell said:

No, that's code word for shut the **** up because you clearly don't know what you're talking about

this. 

ot: sucks to see this happening on his opening night but nonetheless i'm excited to see him in august

Edited by mrmayman

I truly feel bad for Abel especially because this was the kick off date. He's been trying for ages to get AH on the live stage (now DFM too) :weeps: 

i'm canadian also and i heard it's because the outage meant they couldn't scan tickets. i am screaming at the fact that a concert was cancelled in a stadium with the name of the company responsible for the outage lmao

14 minutes ago, Desire said:

I truly feel bad for Abel especially because this was the kick off date. He's been trying for ages to get AH on the live stage (now DFM too) :weeps: 

Well I already saw it live at Coachella :lakitu:

It's so scary how fragile the infrastructure of the world is :rip:

• ATRL Moderator

I mean, that's kind of a valid excuse.  No wifi, ATMs won't work, credit cards won't work, emergency alerts might rely on wifi, etc.

11 minutes ago, Raphy23 said:

Well I already saw it live at Coachella :lakitu:

Everyone saw his start of the sex era sis :jonny5: It doesn't count :gaycat4: 

1 hour ago, Raphy23 said:

There are many providers. However, there are 2 companies that OWN every single smaller provider. “Rogers” and “Bell”. So with rogers down essentially half the country was down :noparty:

wow.. well that's what happens when monopoly is allowed in telecom sector. I hope its back up soon. :giraffe:

31 minutes ago, Gui Blackout said:

It's so scary how fragile the infrastructure of the world is :rip:

It is but this is also a singularly Canadian problem, telecom companies in general **** people over here to such a degree....you can get 10x better deals for data in third world countries compared to here.

This is truly scary. And Rogers is currently trying to Merge with the other major network Shaw. This is a terrible idea. 

28 minutes ago, Walk_Away21 said:

SCREAMING an Orilla tea @Reverse Warholian Cursnada!

Luckily I'm setup with Rogers' hotter younger sister Telus but omg what a MESS today. Interac machines down EVERYWHERE and no Wi-Fi in most places. Huge lineups at the ATMs bc people are in a hurry to access cash :redface:

Edited by Reverse Warholian

1 hour ago, lxkewth said:

i'm canadian also and i heard it's because the outage meant they couldn't scan tickets. i am screaming at the fact that a concert was cancelled in a stadium with the name of the company responsible for the outage lmao

The amount of customers they'll lose to Bell after this. Rogers, ha Bionic era incoming :dies:

3 hours ago, Taylena said:

Not an entire country like Canada being reliant on a single service provider. They even had emergency phone lines impacted by it.  So what happens when a major blackout or any big catastrophic event happens? No backups??  :bibliahh:

It's giving Y2K crisis but real :deadbanana:

27 minutes ago, Protocol said:

It is but this is also a singularly Canadian problem, telecom companies in general **** people over here to such a degree....you can get 10x better deals for data in third world countries compared to here.

Looks like they lost in the end. Today alone costed Rogers billions!

14 minutes ago, Reverse Warholian said:

The amount of customers they'll lose to Bell after this. Rogers, ha Bionic era incoming :dies:

Rogers has always been the pits compared to bell. idk how people are still with them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.