The Weeknd cancels stadium Tour date due to nationwide internet outage!

Raphy23

So The Weeknd was about to start his Toronto concert. However, all service/internet provided by “Rogers” is down in Canada nationwide. And the concert today was at “Rogers Centre” which of course uses Rogers as their internet provider. :redface:

People drove in from HOURS outside of the city and some flew in, just for the concert to be cancelled MINUTES before :cries:

Edited by Raphy23

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raphy23

• Jude

• Protocol

• Katamari

Top Posters In This Topic

• ATRL Moderator

Mess. The next show isn't until the 14th so he could probably still do the show sometime this weekend

Absolute mess. Feel bad for the people that showed up.

Is that a valid excuse? Sounds ridiculous to me.

I get it tho. From communications to the stage tech, there's just no way to coordinate such a huge show without internet. It's really bad for the fans, but I wouldn't blame it on the tour team.

11 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

445400?v=1551017304

teas

That tour was just sth else:dies:

1 minute ago, Jude said:

Is that a valid excuse? Sounds ridiculous to me.

It absolutely is. Canadian here and it is a NATIONWIDE outage that is disrupting not only customers, but a lot of businesses use Rogers for their debit/credit, so people can only pay things with cash for example.

Just now, zach said:

It absolutely is. Canadian here and it is a NATIONWIDE outage that is disrupting not only customers, but a lot of businesses use Rogers for their debit/credit, so people can only pay things with cash for example.

And cash only payment is a big issue there? Wow, my poor country can't relate.

16 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

445400?v=1551017304

teas

Nicki’s career is so f*cking funny :ahh:

16 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

445400?v=1551017304

teas

:ahh:

OT: mess

His bad luck with this tour :rip:

Though it does sound like this situation was truly outside of his control, feel bad for all the fans and hope it gets rescheduled promptly.

Title is giving “Weeknd is flopping propaganda” enough already :deadbanana4:

Insurance providers must be SO DONE with concerts :rip: I can just imagine a rep seeing this and screaming AND NOW THIS?

35 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

445400?v=1551017304

teas

god we really need her to come back for some entertainment :bibliahh:

Another Canadian here to reiterate it’s a nation wide problem. Cell phones down, debit and credit machines (so cash only), internet, tv cable, 911 services in some regions, it’s a mess. 

Rogers is really a monopoly here and they own basically all the infrastructure (along with Bell, who also have their own lines and are still up). All other companies and services lease one of their two infrastructures so a big monopoly like Rogers going down has basically shut down half our services. 

His tour is cursed :deadbanana4: the amount of bad luck it's getting wtf. I hope the problem will be fixed soon and fans will enjoy seeing his soon.

I'm in Canada and this is a total mess. I couldn't buy my lunch so I had to go to a bank to get cash and people were flooding the place. Most of my friends are on Rogers and they can't get a hold of anyone. 911 emergency services are down in lots of places. It's really crazy so I totally understand the concert being cancelled. 

49 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

445400?v=1551017304

teas

:bibliahh:

dont they have wifi there or another operators? what kinda 3rd world country ass is this

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.