Demi complains about being told to post on TikTok

Luckitty

9 minutes ago, Beyonceist said:

Gurl almost 30 means nothing unless you're a gay man.

Ouch, didn’t need to drag me like that but thanks hun :ahh: 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Freakshowvato

• phreshprince

• thatsmydemi

• Pink Ranger

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Blue Rose said:

I dont understand how stans always blame the artist when this happens. It’s a fact that labels are now obsessed with TikTok. Being on TikTok doesn’t guarantee you’ll have a viral hit and even if you do, it might not translate to streams. It’s not Demi’s job to do any of this.

Jason Derulo has been ruining his image and career for Tiktok and all he got after all these years was one viral song that needed BTS to be #1. 
It’s not worth it

its same as performing on award shows/ tv in past. Live performances doesn't guarantee a song would become hit, but it used to give songs some exposure. Live Performances / Radio payola have simply been replaced by TikToks / Paylisting payola. 

I don't get artists complaining about 10 sec of videos, when in past artists put in work to perform live everywhere for songs to take off.

15 minutes ago, zoldyck said:

its same as performing on award shows/ tv in past. Live performances doesn't guarantee a song would become hit, but it used to give songs some exposure. Live Performances / Radio payola have simply been replaced by TikToks / Paylisting payola. 

I don't get artists complaining about 10 sec of videos, when in past artists put in work to perform live everywhere for songs to take off.

Difference is musicians are actually passionate (or so I hope) about performing their new songs live to promote them so the hard work in promoting is worth it to them (or so you’d hope) 

I’m sure we all understand how social media is now a better and easier way to promote your music but we shouldn’t be dragging artists who don’t want to do that. I hate tik tok and if I was an artist in the industry I wouldn’t want to either :skull: 

Just now, Pink Ranger said:

Difference is musicians are actually passionate (or so I hope) about performing their new songs live to promote them so the hard work in promoting is worth it to them (or so you’d hope) 

But a live performance isn't just about being passionate about performing, it came with lot of baggage of traveling, labels basically forcing them to perform same singles everywhere, showing up and sitting hours until its their turn to perform, hardcore rehearsal, dealing with back up dancer, composers etc. Most of passionate performers don't even get to perform what and how they want to perform until they reach a certain status like Beyonce or Adele.

so complaining about 10 sec tiktoks is weird as hell, when in past it was way harder for artists. 

Omg, her poor life. That must be such a tough job. I'm so sorry that you have to go through this, Demi. Stay strong, Queen! 

Y'all don't get the point, it's not about artists being lazy but about record labels and marketing teams being lazy. Those teams are literally paid to market artists and all they seem to come up with these days is "get a viral tiktok, bye". So they put the only job they are supposed to be doing in the lap of the artist. That's very unfair and I applaud artists who stand up to this

I would complain too if my label would force me to make tiktok videos knowing that they aren't even willing to spend money on radio and Spotify playlisting. 

I get it, tiktok has a huge influence on charts today BUT that doesn't excuse their lack of support everywhere else. 

Demi is doing her part (even if she doesn't like Tiktok, she's still doing it). Now it's time for her shitty label and team to do something. 

8 hours ago, family.guy123 said:

Poor millionaire has a boss that makes them do things they don’t want to!! Sad!

:dies:

1 minute ago, PennywiseTheClown said:

Y'all don't get the point, it's not about artists being lazy but about record labels and marketing teams being lazy. Those teams are literally paid to market artists and all they seem to come up with these days is "get a viral tiktok, bye". So they put the only job they are supposed to be doing in the lap of the artist. That's very unfair and I applaud artists who stand up to this

EXACTLY!

Demi's team has not even sent her latest single to radio but somehow she's the lazy one because she's complaining about how the industry is all about tiktok now. Labels are becoming lazy, not artists. 

Another fake “mandatory tiktok” situation? Didnt work for Halsey, what makes you think it will work for you?

people who were crying "demi's music is never promoted!!" can shut up now. we found the culprit

They’d rather do other things online, such as ruining small businesses and having meltdowns over the dumbest things...

43 minutes ago, getBusy said:

Another fake “mandatory tiktok” situation? Didnt work for Halsey, what makes you think it will work for you?

she deleted the video few seconds after posting it anyway 

Don’t know how to say this nicely but celebrities need to get the **** over it and stop complaining about posting on Tik Tok. If I got paid to post on Tik Tok I wouldn’t be complaining. So whiny.

2 hours ago, getBusy said:

If it was fake it wouldn’t have been deleted 10 minutes after posted. The label yelled at her ?

Also Demi been doing tiktok despite not understanding technology lmao (Demi is really bad at social media)

3 hours ago, getBusy said:

right? this is so obvious. of course demi is months late to this trend.

Pathetic attempt by Demetria to go viral like Halsey

Oh she wants attention again... :coffee2:

some kinda dance or transition. cmon Demi be creative! 

9 hours ago, zoldyck said:

It’s not the same. At award shows, you are showcasing your talents. On tiktok, you’re being goofy for likes. Ive seen artists (Ed Sheeran, Coldplay etc…) do live concerts on TikTok but those don’t go viral. I doubt Demi’s label would be willing to waste money setting that up. They want her to act like Lizzo, but not all artists are the same.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.