ATRL Songwriter's Studio 📝 Legend E wins Golden Hit: Season 6! 🪷🥇

Aurora

@PoKiTaurus I finally had time to read through your album booklet—this is the type of extra creativity I just love to see. :smitten: Initially, I was only expecting a lyric booklet—which would have been fine—but the extra little blurbs about each song and what they mean to you are so special. I screamed at the Avril Lavigne "Sk8er Boi" fake quote reference. :toofunny3: Having the pleasure of reading only "Impossible Princess" prior, I was astounded by "Victory Tune", which I think is a real testament to the fact that sometimes less is more. Brilliant track, and EP on the whole! I hope you participate again in GH5. :heart:

• Thanks 1

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountain

• Aurora

• Legend E

• Year of Shadow

I fear I may have done something a little bit... okay, a lot... no, completely and utterly insane: I wrote a tour. :jonny5:

For those that don't already know, as part of an extended creative writing project slash unconventional means of documenting the songs I have written for Platinum Hit, Song of the Season, and Golden Hit tournaments over the years, I created a Wiki for the Aurora main pop girl character I sometimes live vicariously through. As a sort of capstone to my first two eras—i.e. songs written for ATRL's Platinum Hit 6 and 7 during an eight month span in 2014–2015—I decided to conceptualise an entire arena concert spectacular using most of the songs from this time period, drawing inspiration from their lyrics, cover artworks, and other concert tours I've attended and enjoyed over the years.

Every section, from the background and development, to the complete concert synopsis, to the commercial performance analysis has been written by yours truly. The only parts I did not write were the reviews, which I used ChatGPT to generate (who writes reviews for their own concert?.. now that would be weird) and then amended slightly wherever necessary, utilising excerpts and quotes from each (the full reviews can be located in the references section at the foot of the page). I even bothered to make a table recording the show dates and projected revenue... Aurora better get that dough!

Here's the link if anyone wants to quantify how insane I genuinely am check it out: https://aurora-mpg.fandom.com/wiki/The_Heartstorm_Tour

Each individual song (and album) for these eras now also has their own individual article, with unique content specific to those songs. There's also album tracks and such that didn't make the cut for the tour if you dig deep enough! Honestly this was purely a personal passion project so even if only one other person finds it somewhat entertaining, I'll be more than surprised! :laugh:

With this huge project out of the way, I'm not sure if I will get back into writing some actual songs, or start the next phase of the Wiki project, which will be progressing to documenting my next era of material: Diamond Mountain. Part of me thinks finishing the Wiki project side of things will make me more motivated to actually start producing and recording again. Who knows? I guess only time will tell!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Aurora said:

I fear I may have done something a little bit... okay, a lot... no, completely and utterly insane: I wrote a tour. :jonny5:

For those that don't already know, as part of an extended creative writing project slash unconventional means of documenting the songs I have written for Platinum Hit, Song of the Season, and Golden Hit tournaments over the years, I created a Wiki for the Aurora main pop girl character I sometimes live vicariously through. As a sort of capstone to my first two eras—i.e. songs written for ATRL's Platinum Hit 6 and 7 during an eight month span in 2014–2015—I decided to conceptualise an entire arena concert spectacular using most of the songs from this time period, drawing inspiration from their lyrics, cover artworks, and other concert tours I've attended and enjoyed over the years.

Every section, from the background and development, to the complete concert synopsis, to the commercial performance analysis has been written by yours truly. The only parts I did not write were the reviews, which I used ChatGPT to generate (who writes reviews for their own concert?.. now that would be weird) and then amended slightly wherever necessary, utilising excerpts and quotes from each (the full reviews can be located in the references section at the foot of the page). I even bothered to make a table recording the show dates and projected revenue... Aurora better get that dough!

Here's the link if anyone wants to quantify how insane I genuinely am check it out: https://aurora-mpg.fandom.com/wiki/The_Heartstorm_Tour

Each individual song (and album) for these eras now also has their own individual article, with unique content specific to those songs. There's also album tracks and such that didn't make the cut for the tour if you dig deep enough! Honestly this was purely a personal passion project so even if only one other person finds it somewhat entertaining, I'll be more than surprised! :laugh:

With this huge project out of the way, I'm not sure if I will get back into writing some actual songs, or start the next phase of the Wiki project, which will be progressing to documenting my next era of material: Diamond Mountain. Part of me thinks finishing the Wiki project side of things will make me more motivated to actually start producing and recording again. Who knows? I guess only time will tell!

this is so cool :jonny:

• Like 1

On 8/6/2023 at 6:16 AM, PoKiTaurus said:

Here's what I promised to share :crown:

Hide contents

sqiVgX4.png

tp6GwHB.png

KnXt4AU.png

ALOeqwW.png

HuS80EB.png

wK8QUeR.png

KhtcIro.png

zRvWuXG.png

PxnzjnZ.png

6r35Zma.png

686KQjR.png

uYXN7ON.png

rvRxMXl.png

LgNNeQM.png

Omg I love it :jonnycat: this must’ve taken forever to make! 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Aurora said:

Thee creativity :clap3: loving seeing this in here :jonnycat:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Can't wait for the new season :clap:

Whew now lemme see if we can book a stadium show of The Heartstorm Tour in Pokitaru. 

• Like 1

On 9/4/2023 at 3:28 PM, PoKiTaurus said:

Can't wait for the new season :clap:

Whew now lemme see if we can book a stadium show of The Heartstorm Tour in Pokitaru. 

The First Place • Second Wind • Third Wish • Fourth Tour might be coming to a stadium near you sooner than you think! :matty:

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Golden Hit Season 5 is coming this fall! I wanted to make sure to post the pre-season survey here too for anyone that's interested in participating.

LINK TO SURVEY

• Like 1

Made me believe I was the one who burned the forest 

But that can't be me, because I am not the Phoenix

Was asked why I write in red ink 
To me it looked pink

Some run around with stage blood
I would rather be sweet

I made mistakes, I feel pain, so why follow my lead?

Count my steps, each syllable breaths, "repeat on thirteen"

So be careful, for who knows what else these words can bring

• Like 1

On 9/14/2023 at 1:08 PM, Jackson said:

Golden Hit Season 5 is coming this fall! I wanted to make sure to post the pre-season survey here too for anyone that's interested in participating.

LINK TO SURVEY

I finished the survey!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

ahhhh can't wait :duca: i'm genuinely so excited for round 1, it's going to be a super fun one 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Jackson said:

ahhhh can't wait :duca: i'm genuinely so excited for round 1, it's going to be a super fun one 

We going ✈️ songwriting!

7 hours ago, Legend E said:

:jonny4:

E is the fifth letter of the alphabet… I don’t know much about algebuh but I’m sensing something… :celestial:

• Haha 1

Perfect timing for me btw, I'll have a test for my graphic design certificate on the 19th and then they won't bother me until Christmas :clap:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hey Dude said:

Perfect timing for me btw, I'll have a test for my graphic design certificate on the 19th and then they won't bother me until Christmas :clap:

Oh we’re not ready for the single covers this season, I fear! :matty:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, fountain said:

Google docs at the ready :jonnycat:

That fountain pen game just won't let up, ballpoint hew? :katie2: Also check D*sc*rd bih.

We're almost back, hitmakers! Two days until Golden Hit embarks on a new journey. Who's excited?

Thanks to the lovely khalyan (not tagging due to being a Mod, but just know we appreciate you!) I've regained ownership of this thread, and to celebrate we have a shiny new logo! ⚜️

SongwritersStudio-Logo2023.png

A fusion of the existing logo and AI, it's my way of symbolising where things are heading in art, technology, and life—and how we must still bring the human element to make things come alive.

I've also prepared the list of ATRL Songwriting Tournament Winners for Golden Hit: Season 5's victor... will it be you?!

Looking forward to seeing the turnout, and how everyone interprets or is inspired by the various challenges we have in store for you this season! :duca:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Emblem-Banner-S5.png

📀 𝗚𝗼𝗹𝗱𝗲𝗻 𝗛𝗶𝘁: 𝗦𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗼𝗻 𝟱 ⚜️

At long last, Golden Hit's fifth season is finally upon us! :alexz:

No matter if you've been counting down the days until this moment, or simply stumbled upon this thread by chance... what are you waiting for? Sign up today! Details below:

Emblem-Crest-S5.png

• Thanks 1

Calling all writers, Golden Hit's fifth season has officially kicked off with the all-new Wanderlust challenge! This fun writing exercise encourages hopeful hitmakers to write about the experiences of a foreign country, delving into their cultures and languages! Will you write a fun summery bop about a vacation to the Maldives, a politically-charged protest song inspired by current events in the Middle East, or perhaps something a little more down-to-earth highlighting the unique aspects of one of the many United States of America? Wherever in the world your heart takes you, please take us with you too! Sign ups will remain open until the end of the season (likely late November).

• 1 month later...

Emblem-Banner-S5.png

Hey, Hitmakers! Another season of ATRL's newest hit songwriting tournament Golden Hit has concluded, and we welcome a new writer into the winner's circle!

As one of Golden Hit's founders, and one of ATRL's most dedicated songwriters having debuted in Platinum Hit 6, I extend a magnanimous congratulations to...

️ @fountain 

🥇 Winner's Ribbon Showcase 🥇

Winners-Ribbon-8thPrince.pngWinners-Ribbon-Jackson.pngWinners-Ribbon-S2-Hug.png

Winners-Ribbon-S3-TruGemini.pngWinners-Ribbon-S4-KylieJenner.pngWinners-Ribbon-S5-fountain.png

Congratulations @8thPrince@Jackson, @Hug, @TruGemini, @Kylie Jenner, & @fountain! :1stplace:

Emblem-Crest-S5.png

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.