Creator of Yu-Gi-Oh, Kazuki Takahachi, has passed away

my childhood :sad:

i remember making my dad buy me ONE card for $20.

That's sad, RIP.

Yu-Gi-Oh was truly a cultural moment if you were an elementary schooler in 2001-2005. I remember every day on our breaktime in 2nd grade the girls would be coloring and talking while the boys sat in one corner playing it (as a proto-f*g I oscillated between the two groups).

3 minutes ago, Pikachoo said:

i remember making my dad buy me ONE card for $20.

Was it the blue eyed dragon one? I remember my friend made his parents pay like $300 for it :deadbanana:

RIP to him. Created such a legendary game

Another legend banished to the shadow realm. Rest In Peace. 

Legend :heart: r.i.p. 

Edited by BILLIONAIRE✘BOY

RIP to the actual King of Games, his contributions literally defined the childhood for millions and still does to this day :cries:

Edited by NOW

AP. It's so sad that he passed away while on vacation, especially all alone. I think that's one of the worst ways to die. :cries:

And it's tacky that some people are making jokes about this. I understand that comedy can be a coping mechanism, but the Monster Reborn/Shadow Realm jokes are corny and not even funny. A full day hasn't even gone by since his death was reported but people can't help themselves from being insensitive I guess. :biblio:

I wanted to be Yugi so bad as a kid. Thank you king for creating a legendary show.

Requiescat In Pace 

1 hour ago, Beyonnaise said:

That's sad, RIP.

Yu-Gi-Oh was truly a cultural moment if you were an elementary schooler in 2001-2005. I remember every day on our breaktime in 2nd grade the girls would be coloring and talking while the boys sat in one corner playing it (as a proto-f*g I oscillated between the two groups).

Was it the blue eyed dragon one? I remember my friend made his parents pay like $300 for it :deadbanana:

it was Swords of Revealing Light. It blocked your opponent from attacking you for 3 turns. i cant believe I still remember all these details :deadbanana:

Noooo such a legend. RIP :weeps: 

my childhood keeps falling apart i-

ygo is like 1/3 of my life:chick3: rest in peace

• ATRL Moderator

So sad, the creator of the franchise I love the most in the world. :sosad:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.