How to Save Phase 4 of Marvel?

Gorjesspazze9

They need to bring Quake into the movies. 

9b88c62c5e8def88932a7fad53fae243.gif

Daisy / Quake >>> any MCU character. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorjesspazze9

• Redstreak

• TheOnlyOne

• Chiidish

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Redstreak said:

Honestly they should have stopped after End Game, everything past that to me has felt like an unnecessary extension to a finished story and I’m not even sure what they’re currently working towards 

They’re working towards wrapping up character arcs after End Game (Spider-Man, Wanda, Captain America, Hulk, Guardians of the Galaxy and very likely Hulk), or setting up the end of their story (Hawkeye, Thor), doing separate stories (Moon Knight, Eternals) and building up the foundations for the next team of focus :michael: 

There might be a lot going on (probably too much to handle and for the public to digest, especially with the inevitable introduction of X-Men and the huge amount of movies and series that could steam from that) but that’s because the budget is higher than they ever had and profit is beyond huge.

Thor L&T is a step in the right direction IMHO. This movie got the MCU vibe again. Which was lacking on every other Phase 4 MCU movies prior.

I think they need to let us know who is the big bad this time. That will help fans to stay interested and infested. All these D+ series and movies so far are so vague and tell people nothing, is there even connection from one to another anymore? Surely there is, it is just feels like it doesn't. 

It is not like they start from scratch again, people just not really into restarting the concept again, what people want is to have something even bigger than the lat 10 years. It is tall order but that is exactly the expectation. 

1 minute ago, Popboi. said:

They’re working towards wrapping up character arcs after End Game (Spider-Man, Wanda, Captain America, Hulk, Guardians of the Galaxy and very likely Hulk), or setting up the end of their story (Hawkeye, Thor), doing separate stories (Moon Knight, Eternals) and building up the foundations for the next team of focus :michael: 

After all the investment needed for the first three phases I just cannot bring myself to care about most of that. I was first weekend for a lot of the original Avengers/MCU stuff and yet now I *still* haven’t seen Wandavision, let alone anything made after that ?

You guys act like the early stages of phase 1 weren’t terrible. It just takes time to set things up. They gave us No Way Home already they can coast on the marvel brand for a little bit while they flesh things out 

Kevin Feige Should just start dropping Mutants in Black Panther 2. Imagine Storm debuting, Marvel would have the Black Audience on lock. Antman 3 Needs to have Kang doing some Thanos level action. And the Disney + series for the next year and a half need to start going harder. Wandavision was great in Quality and creativity. If Marvel can replicate that going forward then I think all these complaints would stop. X-men is obviously the only other Marvel IP that can rival and even surpass Avengers. Marvel needs to start building mutant’s narrative and work towards X-Men movie. 

They will still sell so w/e

critics are just critics..dont know why ppl rely on their opinions that much... Funny since movie fans look at them more than the music fans :dies: which is crazy to me

(but yea, I get it..one is around 3 mins at least..while the other is like an hour)

I agree with the X-Men calls, really don’t want to have to wait until next decade to see them in full force. 

I used to be somewhat of a marvel fan but both the quality has become mediocre/**** AND there are just too many series and movies
We need a couple years break from them but sadly it wont happen since it still prints enough money for them
Imagine how hype it would be if we get no Marvel movies until 2024/2025

industry is saying Marvel’s panel at Comic Con in 2 weeks is gonna be historic.

All these mid shows every two months have diluted the brand. Also sorry to say but they have to slow down with the passing of mantles, they're happening all at the same time (new Hawkeye, new Thor, new Black Panther, new Captain America, etc) and that didn't work out even in the comics.

But if they start flopping real hard they can just introduce Wolverine and the dude bros will eat it up again, so they're fine :giraffe:

Shang Chi was amazing. It one of my favorite Marvel Movie EVER. Dr. Strange and Ethernals were bad though. Spiderman is okay, but i still prefer the trilogy. 

i really love MCU but I think they should kill it 

The universe is becoming too damn complicated where every movie relies on another movie, if you want to understand it. 

Slow down, start building new stories from scratch. Get rid of the Easter Eggs. Stop trying to connect every damn super hero to each other. 

TheOnlyOne
1 hour ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Kevin Feige Should just start dropping Mutants in Black Panther 2. Imagine Storm debuting, Marvel would have the Black Audience on lock. Antman 3 Needs to have Kang doing some Thanos level action. And the Disney + series for the next year and a half need to start going harder. Wandavision was great in Quality and creativity. If Marvel can replicate that going forward then I think all these complaints would stop. X-men is obviously the only other Marvel IP that can rival and even surpass Avengers. Marvel needs to start building mutant’s narrative and work towards X-Men movie. 

Introducing Storm would not only appeal to the black audience but would also do 10x more for the gay audience than sticking a meaningless pride pin on a jacket for cheap representation points. And with her, they can cater to the gays without even being banned in bigoted countries. Storm is a black icon, a female icon, AND a gay icon all in one and they're wasting time on mid-tier flops like Kamala Khan, Kate Bishop, She-Hulk, and Ironheart who never have and never will have the impact of Mother Ororo Munroe. She's one of, if not the only character that's nearly universally beloved. POC audiences stan her, gay audiences stan her, and even the typical comic dudebros stan her. Introducing Storm in the 70s already saved Marvel's ass once. I fear they're gonna keep waiting too long and have years of dwindling success and acclaim before they finally get around to introducing the team EVERYONE's asking for and by that time most of us are gonna be too hold to care THAT much beyond maybe going to see the movies once and moving on. 

BUT they can keep all of that if they're just gonna cast a lightskin actress and have her play second fiddle to boring ass Cyclops again. 

Revive the Daredevil series with the same creative team and actors behind it, and give us more Tobey and Andrew :giraffe:

38 minutes ago, JonginBey said:

Revive the Daredevil series with the same creative team and actors behind it, and give us more Tobey and Andrew :giraffe:

daredvil also confirmed Continuing on Disney plus, filming next year with same actors 

1 hour ago, Badgalbriel said:

The universe is becoming too damn complicated where every movie relies on another movie, if you want to understand it. 

Slow down, start building new stories from scratch. Get rid of the Easter Eggs. Stop trying to connect every damn super hero to each other. 

But they are doing exactly that during this phase. One of the main negative critics from fans is that nothing seems connected other than the Multiverse trilogy.

There's just too much content so I think people are being less forgiving, it's a rarity when there's a week without anything new from Marvel. And whenever a new show comes out the previous one is instantly forgotten like the "I don't wanna play with you anymore" Woody meme

The shows being extremely mid-tier and bland doesn't help, they were supposed to have movie level budget but they quite clearly don't. The character in Moon Knight blacking out when a fight was about to start and then waking up to the fight being over off-screen was such a cop-out :rip: And I'm not watching Ms. Marvel but from some clips I've seen it looks like the cheapest one yet. Can't imagine how bad the Ironheart show will look (that is, if she even has an armor in the show outside of 5 minutes during the finale)

Edited by Talento

The definition of oversaturation.  There are like 7 new shows a year and 3 new movies.  It's not an event anymore.  It's not special.  Even the diehard fans can't keep up.  

Marvel has finally peaked, it's all downhill from here.  Scorsese and Campion WON :clap3: 

Not one user in here saying DS2 was an underperformance... Apparently more than $950 million in the box office is not enough now :bibliahh:

OT: What's to save? This is just the set up to the big event of this new saga post Endgame (Secret Wars) and it could be last for another 10 years, who knows. I get that people want to see where this is going, but they just need to be patient. 

Also it’s pretty obvious they are setting up Secret wars. A Multiversal collision of every marvel character. That’s why we are getting Alternate and replacement/Sucessor avengers. So when If feels like all of this will be paid off in a Endgame 2 type of film. I think fans are just impatient. This phase is technically doing exactly what phase 1 did, just with way more characters 

On 7/7/2022 at 11:48 AM, TheOnlyOne said:

Introducing Storm would not only appeal to the black audience but would also do 10x more for the gay audience than sticking a meaningless pride pin on a jacket for cheap representation points. And with her, they can cater to the gays without even being banned in bigoted countries. Storm is a black icon, a female icon, AND a gay icon all in one and they're wasting time on mid-tier flops like Kamala Khan, Kate Bishop, She-Hulk, and Ironheart who never have and never will have the impact of Mother Ororo Munroe. She's one of, if not the only character that's nearly universally beloved. POC audiences stan her, gay audiences stan her, and even the typical comic dudebros stan her. Introducing Storm in the 70s already saved Marvel's ass once. I fear they're gonna keep waiting too long and have years of dwindling success and acclaim before they finally get around to introducing the team EVERYONE's asking for and by that time most of us are gonna be too hold to care THAT much beyond maybe going to see the movies once and moving on. 

BUT they can keep all of that if they're just gonna cast a lightskin actress and have her play second fiddle to boring ass Cyclops again. 

Oop well here’s some piping tea 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.