Why is Taylor working with David O'Russell?

favorite crime

3 hours ago, JohnWayneHolland said:

So Taylor doesn't have a mind of her own and does whatever other A+ listers do? Everyone that worked on this movie had the choice to be part of it or not, her choosing to be part of it even though the director is a known abuser just shows that she only cares about feminism and women's rights when she can get something from them. 

Not a Gaga stan trying it :rip: 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MissedTheTrain

• Protocol

• More Than A Melody

• Young Volcanoes

Top Posters In This Topic

bcuz this opinion of far left sissies stay irrelevant sis :sistrens::gaycat:

Taylucifer

do you actually care about this or just using it to “drag” Taylor? 

there are lots of other A listers in the cast, are you going to make threads about them too?

Wait I'm surprised about this, especially after her support for Kesha, she even donated her money I think  :deadbanana:

The movie look good.

Will see it in theater for the cast alone, Margot, Anya, Christian, Fami, .... also Taylor's 3 mins screen time.

Edited by chiliam

4 hours ago, Protocol said:

Just like Xtina performing at pride and then performing in a country where being gay is illegal. She just wanted that cheque. She used the gays. They all do. It's marketing. It's money. It's a business. 

I don't know specifics, but this isn't a good generalization. Fans of that country aren't at fault for what their government does. And if we were to hold celebrities to this standard, no one should perform in America, for instance. That said, if she was paid by the government or used as an attempt to build official propaganda, then yeah, this is disgusting.

OT: for the same reason she threw a fit over Kanye's "that *****" line while accepting AOTY for 1989, an album that included Bad Blood, a song where she gathered her group of mean girl friends to shade Katy Perry, and to top it off, included a remix by the "***** Don't Kill My Vibe" hitmaker. Feminism.

For the same reason she unleashed her Swifties at a Netflix show for making "a deeply sexist joke" about her but then refused to do anything when her fans attacked the actress of color instead of the white women who actually wrote the joke.

She's not even a white feminist. She's a self serving feminist.

Edit to add: I don't think the rest of the cast should get a pass, by the way. But the thread asked opinions on her specifically.

Edited by More Than A Melody

46 minutes ago, Squall said:

Not a Gaga stan trying it :rip: 

The whataboutism  :rip: everyone's faves are problematic. You see a thread where a deeply problematic and upsetting issue is brought up and your response is "but your fave also!!!!" like, okay Becky and? Does it change the matter at hand? How is it relevant to this thread? Gaga's problematic associations and attitudes have been brought up in countless threads. That doesn't mean her fans can't criticize other celebs. You don't automatically endorse everything your favorite celebrity does.

And I don't even care about Lady Gaga :rip: 

1 hour ago, Green said:

Wait I'm surprised about this, especially after her support for Kesha, she even donated her money I think  :deadbanana:

Taylor is not going to call out a protected major director and ruin not only her budding acting career but her boyfriend’s too by association

It ain’t happening captain. Welcome to the real world.

5 hours ago, State of Grace. said:

Everyone in this cast deserves lashings, yall singling out Taylor only shows that you don't give two fucks about it and only care about the stan wars.

boop

She's fake as hell and all those other actors are all trash for working with him

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, More Than A Melody said:

I don't know specifics, but this isn't a good generalization. Fans of that country aren't at fault for what their government does. And if we were to hold celebrities to this standard, no one should perform in America, for instance. That said, if she was paid by the government or used as an attempt to build official propaganda, then yeah, this is disgusting.

OT: for the same reason she threw a fit over Kanye's "that *****" line while accepting AOTY for 1989, an album that included Bad Blood, a song where she gathered her group of mean girl friends to shade Katy Perry, and to top it off, included a remix by the "***** Don't Kill My Vibe" hitmaker. Feminism.

For the same reason she unleashed her Swifties at a Netflix show for making "a deeply sexist joke" about her but then refused to do anything when her fans attacked the actress of color instead of the white women who actually wrote the joke.

She's not even a white feminist. She's a self serving feminist.

Edit to add: I don't think the rest of the cast should get a pass, by the way. But the thread asked opinions on her specifically.

Sis :rip:  She has gone into detail about why she was upset about the Kanye situation, and she had a right to be.  Bad Blood came off messy, but the song itself was intentionally written vague as hell without any actual shade or call out....she felt betrayed and it inspired a song about being betrayed by a friend.  Besides, both of those things were 6/7 years ago.  She has grown up and done her part to be better.

The Netflix thing...she was slutshamed, and had every single right to react to it.  It's kind of insane the way people found a way to immediately criticize her for that situation.  Every single artist has crazy fans who constantly do ridiculous things like that, and it isn't their job to babysit them every time that happens.

• ATRL Moderator
6 hours ago, State of Grace. said:

Everyone in this cast deserves lashings, yall singling out Taylor only shows that you don't give two fucks about it and only care about the stan wars.

:cm:

Disappointed in Taylor for doing this, but it's interesting that she's the only one I'm seeing getting criticized for it when she is likely in the movie for like 10 minutes.  

everyone is literally getting the heat on twitter :deadbanana2: taylor is just singled out here bc well, this is a pop music forum.

46 minutes ago, MissedTheTrain said:

Sis :rip:  She has gone into detail about why she was upset about the Kanye situation, and she had a right to be.  Bad Blood came off messy, but the song itself was intentionally written vague as hell without any actual shade or call out....she felt betrayed and it inspired a song about being betrayed by a friend.  Besides, both of those things were 6/7 years ago.  She has grown up and done her part to be better.

The Netflix thing...she was slutshamed, and had every single right to react to it.  It's kind of insane the way people found a way to immediately criticize her for that situation.  Every single artist has crazy fans who constantly do ridiculous things like that, and it isn't their job to babysit them every time that happens.

Sis :rip: while she had every right to be upset over what Kanye did, the way she handled it was disingenuous and you know it. She said her problem was with the words "that b*tch" which is hypocritical as f*ck. That's all I said. Bad Blood didn't "come off messy" she gave a high profile interview with the biggest music publication in the world where she basically announced with a megaphone that her issue was with Katy Perry, then had a dozen high profile female celebrities make a mean girls music video about it that premiered in one of the biggest award ceremonies of the year. That's not "messy" that's being a bully and disgusting. No matter how you slice it. She has shown absolutely no signs of "growing up" and "doing her part to be better" this is fan fiction.

She had a right to be upset over the joke. I literally said she should've directed that anger to the writers. If you see your army of hundreds of thousands if not millions of fans attack an actress of color who was just starting in the industry and who's over a decade younger than you get dragged through the mud because of something you said, THE LEAST you can do is redirect that anger towards the correct culprits. I don't think she's responsible for her fans being awful to other artists in general, but this one time it's 100% on her.

Taylor Swift's feminism goes as far as her own nose. I know it. You know it. Everyone knows it. Whether you want to accept it or not is a different issue.

4 hours ago, More Than A Melody said:

The whataboutism  :rip: everyone's faves are problematic. You see a thread where a deeply problematic and upsetting issue is brought up and your response is "but your fave also!!!!" like, okay Becky and? Does it change the matter at hand? How is it relevant to this thread? Gaga's problematic associations and attitudes have been brought up in countless threads. That doesn't mean her fans can't criticize other celebs. You don't automatically endorse everything your favorite celebrity does.

And I don't even care about Lady Gaga :rip: 

It’s just funny how concerned he is about how « Taylor’s activism is fake!!! » when his fave worked with a rapist, that’s all :cm: 

Also didn’t you say you blacklisted me or something? I actually liked this idea, please fix the situation. :cm: 

Edited by Squall

4 hours ago, More Than A Melody said:

Christina wasn’t paid for the government, so it’s nothing like that. 

But I agree with your point, it’s weird that certain countries are held to a certain standard where people feel like their fans should be punished because of some government policy they disagree with 

But, you never see people try to apply that to the US and the government policies they agree with because 1) They personally don’t want miss out on seeing their fave live :shakeno: 2) No artist would dare miss out on the money they would lose by not touring the US :redface:

1 hour ago, More Than A Melody said:

Sis :rip: while she had every right to be upset over what Kanye did, the way she handled it was disingenuous and you know it. She said her problem was with the words "that b*tch" which is hypocritical as f*ck. That's all I said. Bad Blood didn't "come off messy" she gave a high profile interview with the biggest music publication in the world where she basically announced with a megaphone that her issue was with Katy Perry, then had a dozen high profile female celebrities make a mean girls music video about it that premiered in one of the biggest award ceremonies of the year. That's not "messy" that's being a bully and disgusting. No matter how you slice it. She has shown absolutely no signs of "growing up" and "doing her part to be better" this is fan fiction.

She had a right to be upset over the joke. I literally said she should've directed that anger to the writers. If you see your army of hundreds of thousands if not millions of fans attack an actress of color who was just starting in the industry and who's over a decade younger than you get dragged through the mud because of something you said, THE LEAST you can do is redirect that anger towards the correct culprits. I don't think she's responsible for her fans being awful to other artists in general, but this one time it's 100% on her.

Taylor Swift's feminism goes as far as her own nose. I know it. You know it. Everyone knows it. Whether you want to accept it or not is a different issue.

She was upset with Kanye because he (and Kim) literally lied to her, and the ACTUAL receipts prove it. There’s literally no way to argue this, a quick Google search is all it takes. The full transcripts are even out there if you don’t want to listen to the whole call. She wasn’t being hypocritical simply because of the line “that b*tch”, she was angry because Kanye and Kim didn’t tell her the whole truth and released an edited version of the phone call to make themselves look better after the fact. 

Bad Blood (the only bad song on 1989 too, for what it’s worth) was messy af, but if you don’t think she’s grown from that, then that’s just honestly you not wanting to see it. I’ve always been a Katy fan, and I knew it was messy from the get go. Also, Katy has literally forgiven Taylor and they are friends these days. But yeah, sure, “no signs of growing up!!!11”. :toofunny3:

There’s really no point in trying to get you to see any facts though, as it sounds like you’ve resigned yourself to make sure Taylor is the bad guy in any situation, whether she really is (Bad Blood) or really isn’t (Kimye). And surely she could never grow and learn from any situation as any normal person could, right? :skull:

9 hours ago, Protocol said:

Because contrary to what they want you to believe, the vast majority of celebrities are ruthless career-obsessed capitalists, which is why they are successful enough to be celebrities in the first place, and they are not going to sacrifice major career advancement for lofty ideals in most cases.

It's the same reason Taylor only "came out" as a liberal when the political tides had turned to an extreme and the media was pressuring her to do so, after years of benefitting hugely from a conservative middle America audience. She admitted herself in her documentary she was told that if she had a political opinion (read: liberal opinion) she would lose her country audience, and she agreed to stay silent so that she could continue to be successful. Why would she act any differently now? She wants to break into Hollywood as an actress, she's been trying for a while. #MeToo only goes so far. She is clearly not letting it get in the way of her ambitions.

Just like Xtina performing at pride and then performing in a country where being gay is illegal. She just wanted that cheque. She used the gays. They all do. It's marketing. It's money. It's a business. 

Basically, stan the art, not the person, because they are going to disappoint you.

Truth.

To be fair, I'd work with David O Russell too if I were an actor and knew that the movie is going to be an acclaimed smash. What's the point of having a career like Alyssa Milanos for example, when you're beloved by faceless Twitter crowd but staying unemployed and forgotten by the industry?

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, More Than A Melody said:

Again, Bad Blood didn't "shade" Katy by any means.  The video wasn't supposed to be about Katy, it was a superhero movie concept her and Joseph came up with.  There is nothing in the video that references Katy, there's no "shade" or slamming.  It's an embellished concept about being betrayed by a former friend.  All of that said, yes, it was overblown and messy, but it was 7 years ago and her and Katy have made up.  She has done nothing but gone out of her way to champion other female artists since then.

And she absolutely has shown that she's grown and is doing her part to be better, and I'm not sure why you think she hasn't if you're pretty much admittedly not a fan and don't pay much attention to her?  I'm sure you didn't watch Miss Americana or read some of the interviews she's given in the past 3 years or so, but she's absolutely given context to things and shown signs of growth.

Her tweet was directed at the joke, and at Netflix.  She said her piece.  It isn't her responsibility what a number of crazy people are saying online (and no, it was not hundreds of thousands or millions), and if celebrities needed to call people out every single time something like that happened, they'd have a full time job doing it.  I'm sure I could literally find tons of examples of stans of every artist on here directing anger at people who didn't deserve it.  Nothing she said hinted at being against anything but the joke itself, and crazy fans are absolutely inevitable no matter what happens.  This really feels like an unfair reach at trying to turn this around at criticizing her, when all she did was stand up for herself. 

• ATRL Moderator
16 minutes ago, 1989 said:

She was upset with Kanye because he (and Kim) literally lied to her, and the ACTUAL receipts prove it. There’s literally no way to argue this, a quick Google search is all it takes. The full transcripts are even out there if you don’t want to listen to the whole call. She wasn’t being hypocritical simply because of the line “that b*tch”, she was angry because Kanye and Kim didn’t tell her the whole truth and released an edited version of the phone call to make themselves look better after the fact. 

Bad Blood (the only bad song on 1989 too, for what it’s worth) was messy af, but if you don’t think she’s grown from that, then that’s just honestly you not wanting to see it. I’ve always been a Katy fan, and I knew it was messy from the get go. Also, Katy has literally forgiven Taylor and they are friends these days. But yeah, sure, “no signs of growing up!!!11”. :toofunny3:

There’s really no point in trying to get you to see any facts though, as it sounds like you’ve resigned yourself to make sure Taylor is the bad guy in any situation, whether she really is (Bad Blood) or really isn’t (Kimye). And surely she could never grow and learn from any situation as any normal person could, right? :skull:

+, the context being that Kanye had been two faced to her multiple times in the months leading up to it, acted one way to her in private then brushed her off in public to look cool.   And not to mention the music video where he put a naked wax figure of her in bed with them.

6 minutes ago, MissedTheTrain said:

Again, Bad Blood didn't "shade" Katy by any means.  The video wasn't supposed to be about Katy, it was a superhero movie concept her and Joseph came up with.  There is nothing in the video that references Katy, there's no "shade" or slamming.  It's an embellished concept about being betrayed by a former friend.  All of that said, yes, it was overblown and messy, but it was 7 years ago and her and Katy have made up.  She has done nothing but gone out of her way to champion other female artists since then.

And she absolutely has shown that she's grown and is doing her part to be better, and I'm not sure why you think she hasn't if you're pretty much admittedly not a fan and don't pay much attention to her?  I'm sure you didn't watch Miss Americana or read some of the interviews she's given in the past 3 years or so, but she's absolutely given context to things and shown signs of growth.

Her tweet was directed at the joke, and at Netflix.  She said her piece.  It isn't her responsibility what a number of crazy people are saying online (and no, it was not hundreds of thousands or millions), and if celebrities needed to call people out every single time something like that happened, they'd have a full time job doing it.  I'm sure I could literally find tons of examples of stans of every artist on here directing anger at people who didn't deserve it.  Nothing she said hinted at being against anything but the joke itself, and crazy fans are absolutely inevitable no matter what happens.  This really feels like an unfair reach at trying to turn this around at criticizing her, when all she did was stand up for herself. 

This :clap3:

4 minutes ago, MissedTheTrain said:

+, the context being that Kanye had been two faced to her multiple times in the months leading up to it, acted one way to her in private then brushed her off in public to look cool.   And not to mention the music video where he put a naked wax figure of her in bed with them.

Exactly. And not only that, but it’s the fact that he literally lied (!!!) about everything he told her the song was about. Not only did he conveniently not mention the line about making her famous (which was the biggest issue—not that being called “that b*tch” was flattering to her, but it was more about what he tried to imply), but he ALSO mentioned more than once during the call that Kim wasn’t okay with the line “me and Taylor might still have sex” and wanted him to change it, and so then he changed it to “I feel like Taylor Swift might owe me sex”, which Taylor hesitantly agreed to, only for the song to say…”I feel like me and Taylor might still have sex”. :skull: 

And this has all been made public. There’s literally no arguing the fact that Kanye and Kim lied to Taylor and edited the phone call to make themselves look better. And of course the music video is a whole other gross factor. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.