Why is Taylor working with David O'Russell?

favorite crime

Taylor Swift has been very vocal about women's rights and sexual assault, so why is she working with someone who sexually assaulted his trans niece (in addition to having verbally and physically abused multiple cast & crew members)? 

In 2011, his 19-year-old transgender niece Nicole Peloquin filed a police report alleging that Russell had groped her.

According to police reports, the five-time Oscar-nominated director discussed hormones with his niece at a Florida gym, then “put his hands under [her] top and felt both breasts.”

He also allegedly offered to help Peloquin with abdominal exercises while his hand “hovered above” her “private parts,” according to The Daily Beast.

What’s more, Russell confirmed the incident happened. He tried to justify his actions to police, saying his niece was “acting very provocative toward him,” and adding that he was “curious about the breast enhancement.” 

Source

Although an elite storyteller, David O. Russell is also an admitted abuser of women, a shocking claim corroborated by on-set horror stories from the likes of Amy Adams and Julia Stiles among many other respected names. 

Aside from direct sexual misconduct, David O. Russell has an illustrious and widely documented career degrading women on-set and sparking physical altercations with those who challenge him. “You can yell and scream and even fire him, but what you can’t do is humiliate him in front of people. Not on my set, if I have any say about it,” stated George Clooney to Playboy in a 2000 interview about the multitude of on-set issues with the director. Clooney would go on to detail Russell making several writers cry, physical altercations with extras, and the humiliation of a stunt driver.

If second-hand retelling isn’t valid enough, there is a rather damning video evidence of Russell’s toxic behavior from the filming of ‘I Heart Huckabees’ where he berated actress Lily Tomlin. In the video, Russell is seen throwing objects at the female and calling her a b*tch numerous times as well as a c*nt. The clip is horrifying, egregious, exploitative-riddled and truly one of the worst things I have ever seen.

Source

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MissedTheTrain

• Protocol

• More Than A Melody

• GipJo

Top Posters In This Topic

She was one of the last people to join the cast, with her involvement being announced months after everyone else’s. Why wouldn’t she join the film if all of those A-list professional actors were willing to? The fact that Bale and Robbie signed on to work with DOR gave everyone else the green light to follow suit; they’re the celebrities to blame, if anyone is.  

Knowing Taylor, she probably only joined because someone told her she could be in a film with Anya and Margot. :deadbanana2:

Edited by Achilles.

Because he's one of the hottest filmmakers working today? Also, half of the Hollywood is in this movie.

why do you care? you probably will not watch the movie I fear

Because she's a hypocrite and her feminism is bullsh1t and I say this as a fan

4 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Because he's one of the hottest filmmakers working today? Also, half of the Hollywood is in this movie.

Is he? He didn't get a single feature director gig after Joy because of #MeToo, that is seven years ago. This is typical Hollywood hoping you to forget how disgusting some of the people who are working there are.

Wait did he sexually harass Amy Adams?

Because she cares more about propelling her prestige in awards bodies than she does actually fulfilling the “activism” she promotes. 

Same goes for the other self proclaimed feminists and allies in the cast. 

taylor has never cared about women's rights or feminism unless she can make it solely about herself. that said though, she doesn't deserve to be picked out of the large group of celebs associated with this.

not a good look, but a lot of a-listers are also doing this. goes to show these people don't really care :rip:

I wanna know is why y'all decide to single only her out and not all the others attached to the film. But then again y'all only care when you can slight Taylor at any given chance. :rofl:

We don't know what she knows. Maybe she'll learn from this. It's not like she's using the abuse as a form of promotion for her project

JohnWayneHolland
13 minutes ago, Achilles. said:

She was one of the last people to join the cast, with her involvement being announced months after everyone else’s. Why wouldn’t she join the film if all of those A-list professional actors were willing to? The fact that Bale and Robbie signed on to work with DOR gave everyone else the green light to follow suit; they’re the celebrities to blame, if anyone is.  

Knowing Taylor, she probably only joined because someone told her she could be in a film with Anya and Margot. :deadbanana2:

So Taylor doesn't have a mind of her own and does whatever other A+ listers do? Everyone that worked on this movie had the choice to be part of it or not, her choosing to be part of it even though the director is a known abuser just shows that she only cares about feminism and women's rights when she can get something from them. 

15 minutes ago, Achilles. said:

Are you saying that Taylor Swift has no moral backbone and is willing to overlook sexual abuse if it means jumping on a trendy project with her fellow ultra rich fake feminist friends?

Because contrary to what they want you to believe, the vast majority of celebrities are ruthless career-obsessed capitalists, which is why they are successful enough to be celebrities in the first place, and they are not going to sacrifice major career advancement for lofty ideals in most cases.

It's the same reason Taylor only "came out" as a liberal when the political tides had turned to an extreme and the media was pressuring her to do so, after years of benefitting hugely from a conservative middle America audience. She admitted herself in her documentary she was told that if she had a political opinion (read: liberal opinion) she would lose her country audience, and she agreed to stay silent so that she could continue to be successful. Why would she act any differently now? She wants to break into Hollywood as an actress, she's been trying for a while. #MeToo only goes so far. She is clearly not letting it get in the way of her ambitions.

Just like Xtina performing at pride and then performing in a country where being gay is illegal. She just wanted that cheque. She used the gays. They all do. It's marketing. It's money. It's a business. 

Basically, stan the art, not the person, because they are going to disappoint you.

Everyone in this cast deserves lashings, yall singling out Taylor only shows that you don't give two fucks about it and only care about the stan wars.

10 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

not a good look, but a lot of a-listers are also doing this. goes to show these people don't really care :rip:

No one cares. It's Hollywood. All that support for Kesha was so that people could get good publicity for themselves, cast themselves as the 'good guy' vs the bad guy. Now that Dr. Luke is a hot producer again, no one cares anymore. They don't want to miss out on his hit productions and the services of the vast stable of writers, producers, publicists and others that he controls via his companies.

I must say, I’m extremely surprised. She’s gone down in my estimation, if truth be told. :shakeno:

Why are we going to come for Taylor when there's a lot of A-Listers working with him? He's sadly one of the hottest directors out there despite people like Amy Adams, Julia Stiles and Jennifer Lawrence having issues with him, accusing him of being toxic on set and even after everyone's learned he's an abuser. It's Hollywood, it's always been like this.

Honestly, no shade but I think she (desperately?) wants that dang Oscar on her way towards an EGOT, along with a career in film. She has been really pushing the songs and roles over the last few years… Cats didn’t work out for either and I suspect she is going to keep taking roles (no matter how small) to build up an acting career towards a leading role, along with writing songs for film in order to maybe score the Oscar sooner in a domain she has more experience in. 

Yeah it’s not her finest moment. I’m actually surprised that the vast majority of the backlash is coming from her own fanbase. Perhaps we’re all growing up. 

the reason people are gonna single out taylor bc shes arguably the most famous person on the list. not sure why ppl fail to see that.

it is disheartening to see this given who she is but at this point, no one in hollywood gives a f*ck. 

24 minutes ago, Protocol said:

Because contrary to what they want you to believe, the vast majority of celebrities are ruthless career-obsessed capitalists, which is why they are successful enough to be celebrities in the first place, and they are not going to sacrifice major career advancement for lofty ideals in most cases.

Absolutely 100 % true. All my faves are probably trash :deadbanana4:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.