Bette Middler posts Islamophobic tweet, gets dragged in replies

Jotham

17 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

I literally grew up in a muslim household and your evidence is right there. Quran always overrides the opinion of scholars first and foremost and the grand majority of Islamic scholars over the course of the last 1400 years agree that abortion is forbidden. Literally their God speaks on it directly in the Quran, its part of Shariah law, most muslims agree its haram (forbidden) classical Islamic scholars agree its an immoral act but you think a ATRL forum disproves that abortion is legal. Only specific cases like the life of the woman being in danger allows it :rip:

And for the record. Bette actually understands that there are some coincides with Biblical Sharia and Islamic Sharia laws. Islam is a religion that holds death penalty for fornicating but you think abortion is permissible is such an oxymoron. 

If you grew up in a Muslim household, who tf talks about Abortion? How often was it a topic of convo in your childhood? The Quran, like the bible, never explicitly mentions Abortion. Like I said, I've read the book several times and they do not talk about abortion. People are going off some hadiths and interpretation, most interpretation is within 120 days, that's all I said because that's what the local mosques I've gone to and discussions with actual scholars have lead me to believe. 

You regurgitating the same stupid point "If it bans X, What makes you think it allows Y" Is ironically the reasoning why a lot of Muslims in America don't know that it is permissible in a lot of cases. Abortion, whether it's to save the mother's life, in cases or rape, is allowed. In some US states, that might not be allowed.

9 minutes ago, Patient Zero said:

I think she means the SCOTUS is becoming like the taliban. And she's right.

That's not how the Taliban dresses. It's incredibly ignorant to imply a cap & beard = the Taliban. 

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GraceRandolph

• KatyPrismSpirit

• Communion

• Sugar-Rush

So judging by the replies in this thread and people actually in Islamic countries, abortion is not legal? And actually not really allowed? 

so uh….

Why are some of y'all acting like Islam is responsible for what's happening to women's rights in the US when it's very clearly christian fundamentalists who have been pushing for abortion to become illegal? :psyduck:

3 minutes ago, Saintlor said:

I read this as Bridgit Mendler and was shook :deadbanana: 

:ahh: Mrs. Duncan's impact

christians are banning abortions and she's blaming... muslims?? :deadbanana4::deadbanana4: 

6 minutes ago, Stankonia said:

Why are some of y'all acting like Islam is responsible for what's happening to women's rights in the US when it's very clearly christian fundamentalists who have been pushing for abortion to become illegal? :psyduck:

It’s called islamophobia and once again anti-trans rhetoric and other shitty views like this are so often bedfellows. 

21 minutes ago, Kool_Aid_King said:

If you grew up in a Muslim household, who tf talks about Abortion? How often was it a topic of convo in your childhood? The Quran, like the bible, never explicitly mentions Abortion. Like I said, I've read the book several times and they do not talk about abortion. People are going off some hadiths and interpretation, most interpretation is within 120 days, that's all I said because that's what the local mosques I've gone to and discussions with actual scholars have lead me to believe. 

You regurgitating the same stupid point "If it bans X, What makes you think it allows Y" Is ironically the reasoning why a lot of Muslims in America don't know that it is permissible in a lot of cases. Abortion, whether it's to save the mother's life, in cases or rape, is allowed. In some US states, that might not be allowed.

Still your stance saying abortion is legal a few posts back is simply untrue according to the Quran is what i was saying. Abortion is forbidden by default in Islam. Abortion is a terminology that was established in the 1900s. Of course it wouldnt be directly mentioned in a book that was made 1400 years ago ? The Quran is a book of guidance which you can DERIVE rulings, backed with hadith and sunnah laws..

FYI:

Its only allowed in CERTAIN specific cases in the first 40 or 120 days since conception (sccording to the ruling you follow) if the mothers life is at risk. Not in cases of poverty or other socio economic cases. Thats the law. If a girl becomes pregnant without being married she would literally get murdered according to Hudud punishment laws.

Also, If you’re muslim at least be sincere in your faith and accept every aspect of it. Islam is not some joyful cloud of laws that fit everyones morals. 

Edited by KatyPrismSpirit

1 hour ago, Jagger said:

Islam supports abortion now???? :bibliahh: why are Islam defenders so delusional 

I never understand why leftists are constantly defending Islam :psyduck:

9 minutes ago, Luckitty said:

christians are banning abortions and she's blaming... muslims?? :deadbanana4::deadbanana4: 

Ffs nobody is blaming Muslims for what happened to abortion rights in the US. Some people - ironically a lot of liberals - were drawing comparisons between 6 SCOTUS judges for their extreme conservative beliefs, and the Taliban's conservative beliefs. 

Edited by Sugar-Rush

16 minutes ago, Luckitty said:

Thank you. Make it make sense.gif :psyduck:

10 minutes ago, Sugar-Rush said:

Ffs nobody is blaming Muslims for what happened to abortion rights in the US. Some people - ironically a lot of liberals - were drawing comparisons between 6 SCOTUS judges for their extreme conservative beliefs, similar to the Taliban's conservative beliefs. 

so every woman wearing a burqa & every man with a beard are taliban members? maybe it would've been less worse if the picture included an isis flag or something, but there's no indication that she's comparing the supreme court to a terrorist organization, there are many regular muslim men and women who look like that

this picture just spreads islamophobia

Edited by Luckitty

15 minutes ago, Rican said:

It's so weird because it goes against every single leftist value :psyduck: they hate religion but only if it's Christianity :psyduck: 

23 minutes ago, Rican said:

bc majority of muslims are poc and they dont want to look racist or some bs :rip: or they fear islam more than christianity 

1 hour ago, TaggedGalaxy said:

Religion is trash but she made zero points with this

:giraffe:

51 minutes ago, Nexto said:

Abortion is banned in Islam with a few exceptions, facts don't care about your morals :rip: What's happening in America is devastating, but you acting like muslim nations are any better when it comes to abortion or women's rights in general is laughable. It's prohibited in nearly every single one of those countries because their govt is quite literally based on Sharia law. And those "rare" occasions you keep clinging on to (like r*pe) are extremely hard to prove over there. Maybe you'd know that if you were a woman living in those regions. Also, you saying that "all Muslim countries have cases where you can have legal abortion" is a fat lie. It's prohibited altogether (even in the case of r*pe) in Iran and Egypt to name a few. Iran literally wanted to create a death penalty for abortion recently, as well as contraceptives. :rip:

And screaming at you trying to make this an "islamophobia" issue when I'm literally citing verses from the Quran and govt rulings to prove my point while you just keep on making assumptions with no backing arguments, and then expecting us to believe your word for it :rip: Organized religions are the cancer of the earth, and not one is better than the other. 

35 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Still your stance saying abortion is legal a few posts back is simply untrue according to the Quran is what i was saying. Abortion is forbidden by default in Islam. Abortion is a terminology that was established in the 1900s. Of course it wouldnt be directly mentioned in a book that was made 1400 years ago ? The Quran is a book of guidance which you can DERIVE rulings, backed with hadith and sunnah laws..

FYI:

Its only allowed in CERTAIN specific cases in the first 40 or 120 days since conception (sccording to the ruling you follow) if the mothers life is at risk. Not in cases of poverty or other socio economic cases. Thats the law. If a girl becomes pregnant without being married she would literally get murdered according to Hudud punishment laws.

Also, If you’re muslim at least be sincere in your faith and accept every aspect of it. Islam is not some joyful cloud of laws that fit everyones morals. 

Thanks for the rundowns here :coffee2: 

She made one corny movie that people with bad taste like hoccus poccus w/e…

she doesn’t deserve our attention 

Christian theocrats: do christian theocrat things

Bette Middler: wow that's like muslim people behavior

1 hour ago, Breathe On Moi said:

So judging by the replies in this thread and people actually in Islamic countries, abortion is not legal? And actually not really allowed? 

so uh….

The criticism is that Americans are so ******* illiterate and ignorant to their own backwards ass society and way of life that they can only comprehend the negatives of their society by comparing it to cultures it deems less then. Like to highlight that these issues are wrong because they're outside some mythical American high standard. 

No, the Supreme Court is not the "Christian ISIS". No, America isn't "becoming like China" when it's police murder people in broad daylight. 

These are all inherently American phenomenon that require acknowledging America as a deeply undemocratic religious police state. :skull:

These qualities are not foreign or abstract. They are central to the reality of the last 400 years of American barbarism as an oppressive state onto itself and others. 

Edited by Communion

4 hours ago, gatito said:

why is she going full maga all of a sudden? she’ll come out as antivaxxer and flat earther next

I'd say there's a HUGE difference between being MAGA and not supporting Islam

Ignorant tweet and glad others said what already needed to be said in this thread too

4 hours ago, kaveer said:

Can she just please stfu until after Hocus Pocus 2 comes out

Disney need to act fast…??

8 minutes ago, Communion said:

"becoming like China"

:deadbanana2: Communion sis if you don’t leave me alone 

Uh Oh Bette - not this. I was rooting for you constantly. I get what you're trying to do but not as a white woman :rip: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.