Michigan Gubernatorial Candidates Want Marriage Equality Overturned

Horizon Flame

the GOP is ready to overthrow any progress made in the last 250 years. 

And so it begins... 

:lakitu:

Edited by frenchyisback

Vile cretins jealous that we can get laid more easily

Republicans need to die honestly.

The log  cabin gay repubs were claiming this was not the case. Where are those self hating creeps now? They thought they were all pretty and safe. 

Then now they'll flip blue crying. No they better stay true to their backstabbing ways. 

America is self imploding.

The self hating republican gays will find a way to defend this though. 

i mean it still won't solve the big issue that gays still exist and will continue to exist :bibliahh:

On what grounds though? Religion? 

What legal binding reason can a state prohibit it? 

His statement in itself is ridiculous lol. They just want the name changed?!

Soldano expressed support for same-sex "unions" in the debate but wished same-sex marriages were referred to differently due to his Catholic faith tradition's definition of marriage.

Edited by FreeXone

1 hour ago, L.B GAGA said:

The log  cabin gay repubs were claiming this was not the case. Where are those self hating creeps now? They thought they were all pretty and safe. 

Then now they'll flip blue crying. No they better stay true to their backstabbing ways. 

Most of them are rich white men.

All they care about is their low taxes. :irate:

16 minutes ago, FreeXone said:

Soldano expressed support for same-sex "unions" in the debate but wished same-sex marriages were referred to differently due to his Catholic faith tradition's definition of marriage.

if "unions" and "marriage" hold the same benefits financially and legally, then that is not such a big deal, imo.  But if there's fine print, then that's a different story.

at the end of the day, if it's all about religion, then I want nothing to do with that group of people.  If "union" means I don't have to deal with your religion AND i still get all the benefits of str8 marriage, then I'm all for it honestly.  Keep me away from religion.

Edited by spree

15 minutes ago, FreeXone said:

Yes, they base everything off of their religion...And I'm sure the Supreme Court is gonna get to it in a couple months. This country ******* sucks.

I live in Michigan, and it’s scary how conservative, religious, and extreme the right wing is here. It’s never been more important that we re-elect a governor than this November. 

Well the right to gay marriage is not explicitly in the constitution, so this makes total sense :clap3:

3 minutes ago, Timber said:

Yes, they base everything off of their religion...And I'm sure the Supreme Court is gonna get to it in a couple months. This country ******* sucks.

It's too soon for it to happen as there are no cases related to Obergefell in the pipeline, however, seeing how the "apparent consesus among conservatives" regarding same-sex marriage is evaporating in a matter of weeks, then you can FOR SURE bet that a case will be brought up. Alito might have said WHATEVER during the Dobbs(Abortion) ruling last week, but fact of the matter IS AND REMAINS that he has spoken AGAINST publicly and openly against Obergefell since 2015 and as late as 2020. Thomas has always despised it, publicly and privately. Amy is most likely to the right of Thomas, she just hasn't had the chance to express herself yet and she's mainly following Alito's or Thomas' pov in most rulings. As soon as she gets her feet on the ground, she'll be the most conservative judge on the court. 

So, that leaves you with 3 FOR SURE votes to overturn, all you're left is with Roberts and Kavanaugh. Roberts literally ruled against Obergefell, and Kavanaugh was appointed by Trump, what do you think?

4 minutes ago, Dephira said:

Well the right to gay marriage is not explicitly in the constitution, so this makes total sense :clap3:

It is also not “deeply rooted in this Nation’s history and tradition” so I think it simply must go :clap3: 

4 minutes ago, Dephira said:

Nor is Straight Marriage, yet American public institutions have been recognizing it since its inception. Lawrence was reolved through the the equal protection act and sustantive due process, just as Obergefell was. What is the difference between one ruling and the other? Guilt is stronger on one issue than in another?

At this point when will those gay Republicans be kicked out of the GOP? 

Horizon Flame
1 hour ago, spree said:

if "unions" and "marriage" hold the same benefits financially and legally, then that is not such a big deal, imo.  But if there's fine print, then that's a different story.

at the end of the day, if it's all about religion, then I want nothing to do with that group of people.  If "union" means I don't have to deal with your religion AND i still get all the benefits of str8 marriage, then I'm all for it honestly.  Keep me away from religion.

Marriage is not owned by religion. 

1 hour ago, spree said:

I agree in theory but the question is will they stop?

Their problem is with homosexuality being a sin to start with.

I'm fairly sure they'll just go after civil unions next, then gay adoptions, then sodomy laws...

Clarence Thomas has written it all in black & white in his Abortion ruling for the world to read.

14 minutes ago, Horizon Flame said:

Marriage is not owned by religion. 

you know what I mean tho.

2 hours ago, frenchyisback said:

Most of them are rich white men.

All they care about is their low taxes. :irate:

They will soon be stripped of their rights in the gop and economic rights. As they will be labeled bad for business as its against their god. 

Then their backstabbing asses will be in gay magazines seeking apologies after the damage. That pisses me off. 

3 hours ago, TheLastChord said:

It's too soon for it to happen as there are no cases related to Obergefell in the pipeline, however, seeing how the "apparent consesus among conservatives" regarding same-sex marriage is evaporating in a matter of weeks, then you can FOR SURE bet that a case will be brought up. Alito might have said WHATEVER during the Dobbs(Abortion) ruling last week, but fact of the matter IS AND REMAINS that he has spoken AGAINST publicly and openly against Obergefell since 2015 and as late as 2020. Thomas has always despised it, publicly and privately. Amy is most likely to the right of Thomas, she just hasn't had the chance to express herself yet and she's mainly following Alito's or Thomas' pov in most rulings. As soon as she gets her feet on the ground, she'll be the most conservative judge on the court. 

So, that leaves you with 3 FOR SURE votes to overturn, all you're left is with Roberts and Kavanaugh. Roberts literally ruled against Obergefell, and Kavanaugh was appointed by Trump, what do you think?

Yeah. It's crazy how quickly conservatives are sharing their homophobia after the Supreme Court deemed it okay to share two Fridays ago.

Lol, these log cabin Republicans are very naive about what their Party wants. It’s a Christian Nationalist Political Party, and it’s been clear as day for a long time. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.