If you could move to one BLUE state, where would it be?

spree

Seeing as **** might hit the fan for LGBT+ community and it is already, where would you want to go to feel safer?  I'm currently in Florida, but if things get really bad down the line I'll need an exit plan.  Hopefully that will never happen, but it does cross my mind lately.

I'm thinking Colorado or California.  How about you? and why?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tropez

• Happylittlepunk

• TaggedGalaxy

• Gov Hooka

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m currently in Massachusetts.  Sure it is consistently more liberal, but all the landowners use exclusionary zoning to ensure no housing gets built so your will pay some of the highest prices in the country to fight other people to live here.  

Honestly, I want to move to Philadelphia or Chicago to raise a family.  

Edited by byzantium

Florida is already pretty bad. I’m in Texas and I’m out as soon as I finish my degree. 

It lowkey slim pickings for me, Illinois would be okay but Chicago is just too intimidating in size and bustle when I visited recently. Philly was leading the pack on my list but I’m hearing Pennsylvania is more of a purple situation now which reads as potentially volatile to me so Idk. 

D.C. is on my list for vacations so I’ll know for sure in the next year. Cali is perfect but so uninteresting and not my scene at the same time lol 

I am in California and dont see anywhere better. As a trans woman I feel safe here and *knock on wood* have never ever had an issue. I go to eveb straight clubs, festivals, etc etc. No bother. Even its more conservative areas arent so bad compared to most! 

Edited by FreeXone

I'm in a blue state and I'm tryna GET OUT with the swiftness :lmao:it's so annoying here. Maybe I'll go to Pennsylvania because it's not entirely redneck ville but the liberals have less of an iron grip than in my state 

I already live in New Jersey. :swing:

I’m in Texas but aside from the fucken Laws lately I love it here. Not too expensive like the blue states, not as strict with other things, our mask mandate was over a long long time before it was over internationally 

Thinking Of You

D.C. 

I absolutely adore it. I went a few weeks ago and I fell in love all over again. I hadn’t been since I was a kid. It’s so me. Very classy, very progressive, so classic, extremely diverse, beautiful European architecture, good food, and really clean. I want to move there so bad.

10 minutes ago, Hallad173 said:

D.C. is on my list for vacations so I’ll know for sure in the next year.

You’re going to love it. 

If I moved to the US I'd probably go to one of the New England states. They seem somewhat more civilized than the rest of the country.

I live in the bluest state possible, California, and yes it’s very open and diverse, beautiful weather, nature, entertainment but I don’t think it’s worth the insane amount of cost of living. Plus there’s lots of homelessness, crime and trash. 

2 minutes ago, Nano said:

If I moved to the US I'd probably go to one of the New England states. They seem somewhat more civilized than the rest of the country.

Massachusetts is probably my favorite out of all of them 

This is such an asinine idiotic look at USA politics/society. “Blue” states have very conservative pockets and are not insulated from the problems from “red” states (mass shootings, police brutality, discrimination in all forms, higher taxes/rent/gas) and because of neoliberal policy, they are generally more expensive to live in. “Red” states have several blue cities within them... 

4 minutes ago, Gov Hooka said:

This is such an asinine idiotic look at USA politics/society. “Blue” states have very conservative pockets and are not insulated from the problems from “red” states (mass shootings, police brutality, discrimination in all forms, higher taxes/rent/gas) and because of neoliberal policy, they are generally more expensive to live in. “Red” states have several blue cities within them... 

true, but if everything is "left to the states" in the future in terms of civil rights, that all goes out the window.

14 minutes ago, Istan4R said:

I live in the bluest state possible, California, and yes it’s very open and diverse, beautiful weather, nature, entertainment but I don’t think it’s worth the insane amount of cost of living. Plus there’s lots of homelessness, crime and trash. 

I've heard from a friend that California is so expensive to live, even for Americans, is it true sis? :keir:

If NJ wasn't so wildly taxed just to leave tons of its urban areas neglected I'd go with her. She has the most potential and is generally the most convenient state to get around where you're not completely dependent on a car (with the most extensive statewide transit system in the US), there's just so much variety and diversity packed in one small state, but it has so many ugly sides to it too, starting with how much corruption is there. Overall I'd say Rhode Island tho. It's tiny, close enough to Boston and never far from the coast without the same high cost of living as Mass in general. 

West Coast states + Colorado are gorgeous, but IDK, it starts to lean far too left (and not in a good way) the people low key bore me, especially Colorado which is just being overrun with granola types. The Cost of living there is also just outrageous when in reality you will depend on a car in most parts (outside of SF/Seattle and Portland) and gas per gallon is already the highest in the country in CA alone. I'm all about convenience. 

Edited by BGKC

12 minutes ago, popstar said:

I've heard from a friend that California is so expensive to live, even for Americans, is it true sis? :keir:

The average income in California is $80k for the individual so yeah it’s expensive. In my area the cost for a 2 bedroom apartment that’s nice quality is $2300 dollars a month. However, I can’t see myself move out of California my family is here, the weather is nice, the people are nice, there is so much to do in this state you can visit LA or San Francisco easily on a weekend. If you don’t like the city you can go to the beach, amusement parks literally endless, or go hiking, we have so many state/national parks and hiking areas. If you like country side more we have a lot farming towns nearby the big cities too and a lot of snow areas to during winter. Honestly the only real downside to California imo is the housing prices. Homeless and crime is bad everywhere these days even in places like Oregon, Texas, and Florida etc. 

Edited by Happylittlepunk

I live in Maryland and I would not ever leave. I absolutely adore this state

Florida is fine if you live in Orlando, Key west or Miami 

I found this online hopefully this helps.

Here are the 10 states that are the most Democratic:

1. Vermont (D+15)
  2. Hawaii (D+15)
  3. Massachusetts (D+14)
  4. Maryland (D+14)
  5. California (D+14)
  6. New York (D+10)
  7. Washington (D+8)
  8. Rhode Island (D+8)
  9. Illinois (D+7)
  10. Connecticut (D+7)

Most Democratic

as of 2022.

11 minutes ago, BGKC said:

If NJ wasn't so wildly taxed just to leave tons of its urban areas neglected I'd go with her. She has the most potential and is generally the most convenient state to get around where you're not completely dependent on a car (with the most extensive statewide transit system in the US), there's just so much variety and diversity packed in one small state, but it has so many ugly sides to it too, starting with how much corruption is there. Overall I'd say Rhode Island tho. It's tiny, close enough to Boston and never far from the coast without the same high cost of living as Mass in general. 

West Coast states + Colorado are gorgeous, but IDK, it starts to lean far too left (and not in a good way) the people low key bore me, especially Colorado which is just being overrun with granola types. The Cost of living there is also just outrageous when in reality you will depend on a car in most parts (outside of SF/Seattle and Portland) and gas per gallon is already the highest in the country in CA alone. I'm all about convenience. 

This is so true I wish California had far better transportation but sadly we don’t. 

19 minutes ago, popstar said:

Yes my friend pays 1600 a month in rent for a super small rundown studio in a sketchy neighborhood and that is the lowest I heard anyone pay. I still live with my parents but saving to move to Nevada (border and way cheaper state)

I live in California. If you can afford to live in the cities, I would recommend it. Even though California has a reputation as a blue state, there are still pockets of very conservative areas that you should watch out for. While I like California, I live in the Bay Area and I'm getting tired of living here since it's gradually becoming more inaccessible, so I'm hoping to move to another place in the future like Chicago, or maybe a different city in California like Los Angeles.

I've never lived in Colorado but Denver seems nice.

6 minutes ago, Happylittlepunk said:

I found this online hopefully this helps.

Here are the 10 states that are the most Democratic:

1. Vermont (D+15)
  2. Hawaii (D+15)
  3. Massachusetts (D+14)
  4. Maryland (D+14)
  5. California (D+14)
  6. New York (D+10)
  7. Washington (D+8)
  8. Rhode Island (D+8)
  9. Illinois (D+7)
  10. Connecticut (D+7)

Most Democratic

as of 2022.

:cm:

New England states ftw. One of them legalized Gay Marriage even before Canada did in 2004.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.