Ariana gets dragged in semi-viral tweet for blaccent

TheArgonaut

10 minutes ago, PoisonCandy said:

What is her real voice though?

Her real voice is pretty consistent within the last few years.

Her voice is rather consistent. There's just moments throughout the mid-point of her career, peaking at tu,n where she clearly got, I don't know, a bit too comfortable eagerly mimicking the way all the people around her talked. :toofunny3:

I never noticed omggg 

that's the only thing they can say about her :coffee:

Watching Victoria Monet clips makes it obvious how for a while Ari kind of copied her... everything?

Edited by Vazduh

6 hours ago, jjmed59 said:

OT: Yall are NOT gonna sit here and tell me that your non black friends arent using AAVE. However, as a celebrity she needs to be more conscious of what she does and the impact that has. Def understand that. I am glad she has been better about it since. 

I’m sitting here to tell you that they absolutely do not lmfao. Bit telling about the company you choose to keep sis :deadbanana4:

This really wasn't anywhere near the level Xtina took it in the Stripped era, Ari would do it for like a sentence or two. Still cringe though

Gatekeeping/being offended because of the way a person speaks will always be so funny to me :rip: Literally mind your own business

Race chameleon indeed but yeah people gets tired too

Miley Xtina and Ariana have all done this. Embarrasing 

The code switching :ahh:

Wbk it was an act. She got away for so many years and when she got called out she changed. Twitter and their selective outrage tho. They pick and choose. 

get her 

6 hours ago, ABeyBraith said:

I’m sitting here to tell you that they absolutely do not lmfao. Bit telling about the company you choose to keep sis :deadbanana4:

well as a latino, my community and my friends in it are often guilty of using the habitual be. actually most people here in az use AAVE without knowing they are. like most people everywhere else do. thats how ingrained it is into popular culture. hard truth

:rip:

The "Get yo ass in here girl"

:bibliahh:

I usually find these things to be SJW mess but she really did blackfish for the longest then just dropped it:bibliahh:

2 hours ago, Touchdown said:

This is nothing, wait to y'all find out about J Lo using the n word multiple times. :rip:

https://puu.sh/IVWVH/e581c1f0db.mp4

Wtf, the fact that some of these videos are RECENT. :deadbanana2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.